Obama Orders Dance Classes, Movie Nights, and Bingo for Illegal Detainees

BingoT

Nurses love to give shots
And people voted for this guy :lolup:

Obama Orders Dance Classes, Movie Nights, and Bingo for Illegal Detainees

Having thumbed his nose at the will of the American people and our legal system, Obama is taking it up another notch. He is demanding that illegal immigrants detainees, half of which have criminal histories, should be treated like resort guests and afforded even more privileges and comforts. And he’s doing this while Americans are suffering through one of the worst recessions in our nation’s history, more than 15 million Americans are still out of work, unemployment rates hover around 10%, personal foreclosure rates and bankruptcies continue to rise, and the standard of living deteriorates for millions of households across the country.

Chris Banescu
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

It's a goddamned detention center, not a prison. Yeah, it would be so much better if they were packed together in tiny holding cells with bucket toilets...nothing keeps a person peaceful like being treated like shit while waiting for paperwork to go through before being deported. And even though Banescu, as usual, is pulling statistics out of his ass...like "half of which have criminal histories"...let's treat all these people like criminal garbage.
Compassion...why, that's just for legal 'murrikans.

The cost/recession argument is a non-starter. We talking dance instruction flown in from the Bolshoi? No. We talking first-run 3-D movies in a brand spanking new IMAX? No. Bingo with ginormous cash prizes? No. The activities are no more and no less the same cheesy stuff that goes on in every community center, VFW hall, or YMCA Fun Day. The cost to keep these people occupied is nothing, no, less than nothing compared to what's being spent on ill-conceived wars. We spend money on inhumane bullshit every day. I'm not gonna quibble over some illegal immigrant detainees getting to watch "Paul Blart Mall Cop" on folding chairs.

I totally disagree swampwitch. The detention centers should be as miserable as possible to deter them from wanting to get caught again and spend anymore time there. They are trespassers in the US and should be treated as criminals. What if they decided to move into your house without your permission swamp? I suppose that would be ok?? Breaking and entering is a crime. When someone breaks into your house witch and steals from you, I bet you will sure change your liberal tune. Also, if you are so fond of allowing everyone to just walk in, why don't you and others of your opinion do the paying for them?? The rest of us shouldn't foot the bill for those that would invade and occupy our country. I am just so sick and tired of this type of attitude. I for one will not willingly allow myself to be run over.

In fact swampwitch, since you are so keen to spend other peoples money on illegal aliens, why are you gambling when you could be using that money to help all these poor oppressed illegals. If you were really concerned about them, you would open you property to them, feed them, etc. I think all that compassion sounds good to you when you state it, but in practice, you probably aren't willing to give up your standard of living for the poor poor illegals either. Talk is cheap and so is hollow "compassion". Sorry but this is one subject that I get very upset about.

Inhumane treatment of a large group of people huddled together in one spot is never a good idea. It leads to rioting. It leads to disease. The government is spending MY money to keep these people occupied in productive activities. Yep, not just your money. MY money.

You know where else MY money goes? To send corrupt senators and reps and CEOs to country club prisons, and when they get out they get cushy lobbying jobs.

You know shit-all about where my money goes. You think $25 bucks a week to gamble is shameful? Would you like to know exactly how much of my money goes to local charity banks that provide school supplies, clothes, and supplemental food to the illegal immigrant singles and families who were RECRUITED to come here by the local meat processors? I put my money where my mouth is.

You're entitled to your opinion. You're entitled to bitch about where the government spends your money. And I'm entitled to the same.

Spin it as you will, the truth is that these folks snuck into our country and should not be treated as guests, but as people who snuck into the country illegally. I don't understand why Mexican citizens should expect such wonderful treatment from us when the Mexican govt. has a horrendous track record of mis-treatment to those that sneak into Mexico from central america. So again, you are welcome to spend your money to accomodate the illegals, just leave your hands off of mine. Ideally all the bleeding hearts out there would cough up the funds to take care of the illegals so that the rest of us didn't have to. Sorry you are such an angry person, but flame away if you must!

wow this place got political-
i dont care what obama did but im sure its not as bad as bush did in his years . i voted for mccain however im glad obama is in office .

No, not gospel, just based on the law of the United States. Your opinion is based on what I would call the do gooder mentality without regard to what it does to our nation. I'm afraid that you are in the minority opinion in this country concerning illegal immigration and seem to welcome an invasion of foreign culture that is being forced upon us by folks like yourself. I'm not out to convert you to the truth, just can't get a handle on how someone would put the needs of others before those of her own countrymen. Welcoming these people into our land after they break in is just like paying your neighbors rent before paying for your own families. Pretty nice and all, but not real fair to your own. Read the news lately and you will see that most of us are fed up with the whole illegal immigrant situation. You are on the wrong side of this issue if you truly do love being an american. I get the feeling that you probably don't. Good luck with your benevolent ventures there in Iowa, but come out here to California and see how much crime is associated with these great people. You just may change your mind if you had to deal with it day to day as we do.

I do agree tatoo that Bush was horrible. I'm afraid I can't say much good about the new boss either!! You voted for McCain but are happy O'Bama won???? Forgive me, but that just doesn't make much sense.

No, not gospel, just based on the law of the United States. Your opinion is based on what I would call the do gooder mentality without regard to what it does to our nation. I'm afraid that you are in the minority opinion in this country concerning illegal immigration and seem to welcome an invasion of foreign culture that is being forced upon us by folks like yourself.
Now, where exactly did I say that I welcome an "invasion"? Of course illegal immigrants should be deported when found. Where did I say that all illegal immigrants are perfect people? Some of them are criminals. Not all, some. So yep, until a better system is in place, they need to go. But some of these people are stuck waiting to be deported for months. It hurts no one to give them little activities while they're waiting to go back. Putting them in some Abu Ghraib-like scenario is no more a deterrent than the death penalty stops people from murdering.

How about the recruiters that head south of the border in order to recruit for the packing plants? How about the owners and the CEOs of those packing plants? How about the owners of the big commercial farms? How about the factory owners? How about the construction company owners? How about the moneyed people who hire nannies and gardeners? These legal Americans, many of whom are self-described conservatives, who don't want to pay a fair wage to other legal Americans...are getting off scot-free. Don't they have culpability? If there weren't people hiring illegal immigrants, there wouldn't be so many illegal immigrants. If we're going to advocate harsh conditions in detainment for illegal immigrants, then isn't it only fair that their employers share those same harsh conditions, imprisoned, etc.?

Now go ahead and pat my silly not-too-bright head again and tell me how you is da majority. I'll be out giving pedicures and green tea to illegal immigrant pedophiles...like you suspect all us liberals do.

Last edited:
just can't get a handle on how someone would put the needs of others before those of her own countrymen. Welcoming these people into our land after they break in is just like paying your neighbors rent before paying for your own families. Pretty nice and all, but not real fair to your own.

This is the part that I don't understand about some Americans.

Lets do all we can for other countries but nothing for our country. Makes no sense. Reminds me of all the celebrities adopting from other countries when we have PLENTY of children here in need. PLENTY. It makes me want to puke when I see Angelina with no adopted children from the USA. Madonna, Sandra Bullock is a new one, does the list go on?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH "OUR" CHILDREN? Not hip enough?

/derail

I do agree that many americans are culpable in this as you say. I just don't think that coddling criminals does anything to stop the crime. You are right that american businesses need to be held responsible for helping perpetuate the problem. Perhaps you are not as far out there as your initial post seemed to indicate. I'm all for legal immigration, just not the sort of amnesty that those on the left tend to wish for illegal immigrants. Personally I believe we need to close our borders until such time as legal americans get their opportunities before allowing an influx of others. Here in California it is estimated that approx. $5000 per year is spent on each illegal (through medical services, education for their children, social programs, etc.). No wonder the state is completely broke and will be looking to all you good folks in the other 49 to bail us out. I just don't think it is unreasonable to say "Americans First" in America, that's all!!

It's a goddamned detention center, not a prison. Yeah, it would be so much better if they were packed together in tiny holding cells with bucket toilets...nothing keeps a person peaceful like being treated like shit while waiting for paperwork to go through before being deported. And even though Banescu, as usual, is pulling statistics out of his ass...like "half of which have criminal histories"...let's treat all these people like criminal garbage.

The cost/recession argument is a non-starter. We talking dance instruction flown in from the Bolshoi? No. We talking first-run 3-D movies in a brand spanking new IMAX? No. Bingo with ginormous cash prizes? No. The activities are no more and no less the same cheesy stuff that goes on in every community center, VFW hall, or YMCA Fun Day. The cost to keep these people occupied is nothing, no, less than nothing compared to what's being spent on ill-conceived wars. We spend money on inhumane bullshit every day. I'm not gonna quibble over some illegal immigrant detainees getting to watch "Paul Blart Mall Cop" on folding chairs.

boy you must be one hell of a obama lover. anytime anybody wirtes anything that makes obama look like the ass he is you jump right into it being nasty as hell. wait until what he is doing bites you in ur ass then you won,t be to happy. where the hell do you live i would lay my life on it that you don,t live in any of these states that have to deal with these people coming across the border and killing people kidnapping people bring drugs into the states. we don,t owe them anything you think that if you went down to mexico and was for any reason detained they would go out of their way to treat you like a person? if you think so then you got ur head deeper in the sand then i thought. this is why things r going to shit like they r people r still not seeing whats going on and what obama and his sheeple r doing to the u.s and its people. we owe them nothing no dances no movies no nothing they r criminals just like the scum that rape and muder and sell drugs on r streets right now let them sit in a cell with nothing to do but think and maybe next time they will think twice before trying to come over here illegal. you know there r alot of them that have done it the right way coming over here that feel just the same as i do. i say if they don,t want to do it the way they should let them rot in a cell and then send them home.p.s the u.s is going broke and ur worried about how these criminals r being treated gezz i wonder when the u.s goes down and we try to go somewhere eles how they r going to treat us maybe if we,er lucky we won,t be beaten half to death before they send us back here. enjoy being able to speak ur mind now caz it won,t be long before we will not be able to and if we do we,ll be shot for speaking out against the goverment oh wait that means you,ll be o.k caz your all for rottne goverment anit you?

boy you must be one hell of a obama lover. anytime anybody wirtes anything that makes obama look like the ass he is you jump right into it being nasty as hell. wait until what he is doing bites you in ur ass then you won,t be to happy. where the hell do you live i would lay my life on it that you don,t live in any of these states that have to deal with these people coming across the border and killing people kidnapping people bring drugs into the states. we don,t owe them anything you think that if you went down to mexico and was for any reason detained they would go out of their way to treat you like a person? if you think so then you got ur head deeper in the sand then i thought. this is why things r going to shit like they r people r still not seeing whats going on and what obama and his sheeple r doing to the u.s and its people. we owe them nothing no dances no movies no nothing they r criminals just like the scum that rape and muder and sell drugs on r streets right now let them sit in a cell with nothing to do but think and maybe next time they will think twice before trying to come over here illegal. you know there r alot of them that have done it the right way coming over here that feel just the same as i do. i say if they don,t want to do it the way they should let them rot in a cell and then send them home.

I'm no Obama lover. He was my third choice as far as the Democratic nomination went. He panders to the right way too much for my taste. And really Kauphy, I post in this part of the forum very rarely. I don't respond to every single Obama bash. So there's two places you're wrong right off the bat.

Here's another...
they r criminals just like the scum that rape and muder and sell drugs on r streets
So some poor shlub Mexican who works at a meat packing plant, shares a studio apartment with three or four other illegals, and goes to Western Union every week to send most of his money home to his family is exactly the same to you as a murderer or a rapist??? There's a word for people who lump all people together as scum because of the actions of a few....

As far as being nasty...my initial snark was aimed at the author of the article that T was presenting. Banescu is a hack, a bigot, and an xtra-crispy-xtian extremist. Banescu's blog post was petulant and devoid of brass tacks. That's an opinion. If T is going to post it, someone's going to have an opinion.

This is a forum. People discuss things on a forum. People argue. Arguments get heated, especially when two people have radically opposing viewpoints and neither is likely to dissuade the other. Case in point...
lost2much and me. I wouldn't call our exchange particularly nasty. Damned snarky, sure. He's fun to argue with, since he gives as good as he gets.

You, my dear kauphy, get very upset whenever ANYONE defends anything Obama related. But just as you have the right to tear him down as much as you like, and to rip me a new one every time I show my face in this part of the forum...I have the right to question "facts" and be a smartass. The only angry one here is you.

So angry in fact, that I worry for you. So, I'll give you a choice. Either put me on ignore, or ask me not to post in the politics section again unless I'm brought up by name. I'm good either way. Posting here isn't important enough to me if it's going to freak you out every single time.

Last edited:
Well, let's see.....if we don't treat these "supposedly" criminal illegals like they are animals, we are liberals? Jeez Louise, People! We are human beings, it is not our nature to be cruel and unfeeling. Especially here in the USA, where theoretically, we are immigrants too, although a few generations removed.

And no, I do not believe we are to ignore the hurts and needs of our own, that doesn't mean we can't be decent and kind people to the down and out people that come here to be able to give their families a better life, the one we take for granted. Most of the illegals that get caught are, in fact, hard working and trying their best to take care of their own. They take jobs no American wants, which is why they are here to begin with.

Shit, never mind. Swamp, I am just not up to this crap any more! Too old, I reckon. Keep on keeping on though, you've got it right, no matter what others say. :thumbsup:

Keep in mind that these "poor schlubs" came here under illegal circumstances. I suppose that it would be ok in the libs mind if a bank robber broke into the bank, but didn't take any money?? The fact that they broke into the bank trumps anything they do there after. I'm sure they are fine people, but when your initial contact with another culture/nation is a criminal act, you are certainly off on the wrong foot. It is not the mission of the US to save everyone in the world from themselves. I would like to see the MEXICAN govt. put as much effort into fixing itself as they do in encouraging their people to flee here. Perhaps if the mexican (insert any other country) would make their country a better place to be, there would be no need for illegal migration. Just because it is better here is not a valid reason for these folks to just "show up" and demand rights. What rights??? They are not covered under our laws, therefore they have no "rights" here. Yes, they do have human rights, but they have those same human rights in their own country or should. Again, because their home country is a septic tank, does not give them the right to come sponge off the US and its citizens. Fix your own house, don't come and squat in mine!!

:thumbsup:

I bow to your eloquent reasoning. I am clearly wrong. Let's make them break rocks all day long, and give them thin gruel three times a day, no make that two times a day. They shouldn't have come here to try for a better life and to be able to feed their families back in Mexico.

What was I thinking? :D

Bingo T what was the point of you posting this crap and not saying one word? Who the hell cares about this, but I guess it makes somebody feel good to continually bash Obama.

People wake up and realize that it doesn't matter who's president, the house, senate and congress controls whatever goes on in this country and as long as you have this much division among the two parties no one will get anything done bc they're trying to appease their party and not the American People.

This doesn't make any sense.

I respect everyones beliefs, politics or whatever, Swampy's as well, the only thing that i really disagree with is the use of "cheesy" comparing The VFW and The YMCA, both of these organizations provide great services, The VFW halls are not cheesy, they are full of Americans who put their lives on the line from wars past so that we may speak our minds freely, they also act as a burial detail for Military Funerals, "cheesy" VFW halls, that they are not.

Second The YMCA offers classes for children and adults, most have swimming and recreations centers available for hardly next to nothing, they teach important things like CPR and Swimming for disabled children and they help people, another not "cheesy" organization. They also help with single parent families during the summer that cant afford baby sitters.

I think all should be treated humane, thats what sets us apart from the rest of the blood thirsty animals out there, the Nick Berg beheaders that is.

These detainees should have no other basic rights than our own prisoners get that are behind bars for crimes. a warm meal, a place to sleep, grooming and medical attention, then they need to be on a plane or bus back to Mexico and come through the front door like everyone else that wants to be here and not sneak through the back door like a criminal, uninvited.

Just my 2 cents on it for what its worth

Laurie

Bingo T what was the point of you posting this crap and not saying one word? Who the hell cares about this, but I guess it makes somebody feel good to continually bash Obama.

People wake up and realize that it doesn't matter who's president, the house, senate and congress controls whatever goes on in this country and as long as you have this much division among the two parties no one will get anything done bc they're trying to appease their party and not the American People.

This doesn't make any sense.

Gloria, thank you for speaking from my mind. Obama is only a puppet on a string controlled by greedy members in congress and the house. I'm so tired of hearing...why is Obama not fixing this or that. It seems like people think he should walk on water, my gosh, how much can a person do.

As far as illegals. I live on a border town and can't recall in the 10 years I have lived here ever to see a crime from an illegal. All I hear of is illegals found dead in the desert or killed in a chase while being caught by border patrol.

And to call them just Mexicans is wrong also, most of them are from South America finding there way through Mexico.

I think a good solution would be to offer these people jobs cleaning up on the gulf in exchange for the kickstart to naturalization. This would all be at expense of those pricks at BP, of course. It's high time they start really paying for what they have done anyway, so why not help out people who want to start a new life and let BP foot the cost at the same time?

And please don't say it will be taking away american jobs, because believe me there are more than enough to go around with the mess that's continually growing down there.

Gloria, thank you for speaking from my mind. Obama is only a puppet on a string controlled by greedy members in congress and the house. I'm so tired of hearing...why is Obama not fixing this or that. It seems like people think he should walk on water, my gosh, how much can a person do.

As far as illegals. I live on a border town and can't recall in the 10 years I have lived here ever to see a crime from an illegal. All I hear of is illegals found dead in the desert or killed in a chase while being caught by border patrol.

And to call them just Mexicans is wrong also, most of them are from South America finding there way through Mexico.

you say you can,t recall ever seeing a crime from an illegal. well lets think about this one how about the rancher that was just murder on his own land? i also live in a border town and i have seen and heard of them happing. also what about them getting benfits from the goverment? is that not a crime if they r not here legal? where my ex worked in cailf most all of the people that worked there where illegals and yes they did send money home to their familys. one in fact sent so much home his family owned 3 homes down there and 2 where he was at. come to find out he was stealing gold and sliver from work to send that money home and not a damn thing happened to him but let it be someone eles and see how fast their assies would have been put into jail but if you say one thing about them its a hate crime and you can go to jail. and yes i do agree that obama is a puppet but i don,t think he dances for anyone in wasington. i think it goes higher then that. mho. swampwitch you have ripped me apart in every tread i have ever said anything in or started caz i can,t stand obama and i think the country is going to shit. but putting that all behind us i guess what set me off is how you word things it always seems your jumpping on the person for having an opinion but i guess thats just your way and ur really not doing that. and yes i can,t stand obama and no i belong to no party but that is my opinion and yes i feel things strongly but thats just me. and yes when things go down there alot of people who want me on their side not against them but then i,m a hateful little bitch who has put up with enough stuff in my life to earn the right to say what i want as everyone eles has that right 2.

It's too many things that are really important than for me to participate in this conversation about whether or not the detainees have bingo or not.

I don't think Obama is a puppet but I do believe that no matter what changes he wants to bring about they're going to be circumvented bc he's a democrat, pure and simple.

I just want the two parties that we elected to be bipartisan and come up with solutions to make America stronger and more productive. Right wingers and extremely liberal people do nothing but bring strife and discord among the rationals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Click here for Red Cherry Casino

Meister Ratings

Back