Clinton Trumped!

I have been trying to find this data for an hour or so....do you know where I can find it for verification?

President-elect Donald Trump is ascending to the presidency with a uniquely consolidated power base.

Republicans won control of the House of Representatives, 239-192; the Senate, 51-47, and most of the country’s governorships (at least 33 states).

He also enters office with a pick for the Supreme Court, and he’s stated that he will draw his nominee from a list of 20 judges and one senator (Mike Lee of Utah), all of whom are more conservative than Justice Anthony M. Kennedy, the Court’s longest-serving justice.

So again, this is kind of a precedent-setting moment: The last time Republicans controlled both the executive and legislative branches of government was 2007, per Vox, though two (vastly different) sources have suggested that this kind of consolidated power may date back even further.

Both CBS and Fortune corroborate that date: The last time Republicans held the White House, Senate and House of Representatives was in 1928, when Herbert Hoover beat Al Smith for the presidency. This is also the GOP’s largest majority in the House since that year.

That said, much of Trump’s campaign promises can be achieved solely through executive action: “He’s going to try to start with a bang by taking as much of Obama off the books with a stroke of his pen as he possibly can,” Brookings Senior Fellow William Galston told NBC. “Then it gets tougher.”

Given Trump’s business-oriented approach to changing sides on various issues, it’s hard to accurately predict what policy changes will sweep the nation after his inauguration on Jan. 20, 2017. But one thing is for sure: He has the infrastructure beneath him to accomplish a lot.

I have hope that he may change American foreign policy for the better as far as diplomatic relations go as well as improve the fortunes of the UK given that we need to forge new trade deals.

Do you honestly think Trump has an ability to make a foreign policy better? He doesn't have any experience what so ever regarding to diplomatic issues and trades between country.

Running a government is very different from building a couple of real estates. Let's talk about one of his policy. He said he would build a wall between USA and Mexico and he said the Mexican government will pay it. Really? If the USA president say "pay" and the government from other countries will pay just because he says so?

He might have an authority to build a wall as a president, but he doesn't have any authority to make the government from other country to pay for it, yet he promised the Mexican would pay it.

Either he is so stupid that he doesn't understand how the government works, or he lied just to be elected.

I don't see either a stupid person or a liar can make any policy better.

Their national debt is 21 trillion dollars. Thats insane

Also, Obama created more debt in his 8 years than all other presidents COMBINED.

its time for a change. Hilary was more of the same. Her interests are in countries like Saudi not America.

America got very lucky not to have her. She is a disaster.

And why not give trump a chance? Its 4 years. And if he does anything too nuts he will get impeached. So its not like its end all. For once in history, they get to try something new and different instead of your typical lying, selfish, greedy politician

When Bush’s term started Jan. 20, 2001, the gross federal debt was $5.73 trillion. At the end of his term, Jan. 20, 2009, the gross federal debt was $10.63 trillion. This means that the debt just about doubled under Bush.

The gross federal debt under Obama -- as of Nov 7, 2016 -- is $18.15 trillion.

And let's see what caused this devpbt to occur during obamas presidency.

the debt has increased so dramatically in Obama’s term -- particularly in the first couple years -- largely due to the recession, which unfolded BEFORE Obama took office.

The gross debt increase in 2009 was huge, because of the decreased tax revenues and increased benefit payments caused by the Great Recession casused by two terms of republican rule.

And then there was the war. What do you think funds the military operations. Who got us in the war. To go after the weapons of mass destruction. That didn't exist. That they knew didn't exist. A war based on a lie they sold to everyone. So yeah debt increased under Obama cuz of all these factors

Unemployment has dropped to levels of 4.9%

Economy is creating more jobs now than it did under bush.

And Hillary Clinton won the popular vote. That means more Americans voted for her than they did for trump.

She lost because the different states represent different electoral college votes that is required to become president.

Do you honestly think Trump has an ability to make a foreign policy better? He doesn't have any experience what so ever regarding to diplomatic issues and trades between country.

Running a government is very different from building a couple of real estates. Let's talk about one of his policy. He said he would build a wall between USA and Mexico and he said the Mexican government will pay it. Really? If the USA president say "pay" and the government from other countries will pay just because he says so?

He might have an authority to build a wall as a president, but he doesn't have any authority to make the government from other country to pay for it, yet he promised the Mexican would pay it.

Either he is so stupid that he doesn't understand how the government works, or he lied just to be elected.

He won't do anything. The people he chooses to surround himself with will. And he will say yay or nay.

They have control of all branches of government.

Look for everything that Obama and anything any democratic president has done to be undone within the first hundred days.

Obamacare.
Planned parenthood
EPA
Lower taxes for corporations and the 1%
And anything else that will benefit his friends and family.
Add ultra conservative Supreme Court justice. Then look for fights in this arena that involve gay and abortion issues. Marriage will return to what the conservatives have decided it should be and women will have no rights over their reproductive rights or their bodies.

He will not deport one immigrant.

And he will not build a wall.

And he will not repeal nafta.

He will probably even deny he made those promises.

When Bush’s term started Jan. 20, 2001, the gross federal debt was $5.73 trillion. At the end of his term, Jan. 20, 2009, the gross federal debt was $10.63 trillion. This means that the debt just about doubled under Bush.

The gross federal debt under Obama -- as of Nov 7, 2016 -- is $18.15 trillion.

And let's see what caused this devpbt to occur during obamas presidency.

the debt has increased so dramatically in Obama’s term -- particularly in the first couple years -- largely due to the recession, which unfolded BEFORE Obama took office.

The gross debt increase in 2009 was huge, because of the decreased tax revenues and increased benefit payments caused by the Great Recession casused by two terms of republican rule.

And then there was the war. What do you think funds the military operations. Who got us in the war. To go after the weapons of mass destruction. That didn't exist. That they knew didn't exist. A war based on a lie they sold to everyone. So yeah debt increased under Obama cuz of all these factors

Unemployment has dropped to levels of 4.9%

Economy is creating more jobs now than it did under bush.

You listen to the media way too much

For example, the unemployment percent is way off. If you look for a job they consider that employed. The real numbers are upwards of 20%

Obama care is another disaster. Remember when he told everyone they could choose their own doctor? The entire notion was a lie.

You seriously think thats why they got so much debt?? How about Obama not making Nato pay their share? America pays the portion of it.

Sending Iraq 2 billion dollars.

He obtained 890 billion by cutting taxes. His first budget caused 1.8 trillion in debt. His ARRA added another 800 billion

Sure a portion was because of Bush but lets not act like Obama was a saint. He was no better than the rest, if not worse..

He won't do anything. The people he chooses to surround himself with will. And he will say yay or nay.

They have control of all branches of government.

Look for everything that Obama and anything any democratic president has done to be undone within the first hundred days.

Obamacare.
Planned parenthood
EPA
Lower taxes for corporations and the 1%
And anything else that will benefit his friends and family.
Add ultra conservative Supreme Court justice. Then look for fights in this arena that involve gay and abortion issues. Marriage will return to what the conservatives have decided it should be and women will have no rights over their reproductive rights or their bodies.

He will not deport one immigrant.

And he will not build a wall.

And he will not repeal nafta.

Well, deportation of immigrants is ongoing... so that'll continue. And Obamacare is almost too much a part of the way things are, already, so will be extremely difficult to reform. But I get your drift.

I have to agree with you on that.

I really don't think Trump believes in what he says. He says things people want to hear just to be elected. I think he wants to be a president so he can use the power to gain more wealth for himself. And quite surprisingly people can't see that.

Well, deportation of immigrants is ongoing... so that'll continue. And Obamacare is almost too much a part of the way things are, already, so will be extremely difficult to reform. But I get your drift.

What I should have said he will go back on all these promises.
There will be no mass deportation.

And obamacare will be the first thing to go. They will dismantle it. Paul Ryan was giddy this morning when speaking to the press about it...

Thats completely untrue. All he needs to do is remove the lines between states and allow competition. Its actually one of the more easier promises to to accomplish :D

You listen to the media way too much

For example, the unemployment percent is way off. If you look for a job they consider that employed. The real numbers are upwards of 20%

Obama care is another disaster. Remember when he told everyone they could choose their own doctor? The entire notion was a lie.

You seriously think thats why they got so much debt?? How about Obama not making Nato pay their share? America pays the portion of it.

Sending Iraq 2 billion dollars.

He obtained 890 billion by cutting taxes. His first budget caused 1.8 trillion in debt. His ARRA added another 800 billion

Sure a portion was because of Bush but lets not act like Obama was a saint. He was no better than the rest, if not worse..

Ha!
I respect your opinion immensely but I have to tell you that you're listening to Fox News. And breibart and bannon and the Donald himself.

I have to point out here as it seems most if not everyone thinks that Trump will actually build a stone wall.

The type off wall that would be built would be more electronic in nature than entirely stone.

It would still boost employment down the border.

Trump didn't win California where silicon valley is based, this electronic wall may help him in that state come reelection.

"Do you honestly think Trump has an ability to make a foreign policy better? He doesn't have any experience what so ever regarding to diplomatic issues and trades between country."

His lack off experience might actually be to the UK's advantage in any trade deal but I'm sure he will be well advised.

Ha!
I respect your opinion immensely but I have to tell you that you're listening to Fox News. And breibart and bannon and the Donald himself.

I actually cross reference any claims I hear to form an opinion. I heard CNNs side and I heard Sean Hannity etc and did my own research to see if I could find the truth. I heard Hilarys side and I heard Donalds.

Im not really a supported of either. I prefer Donald over Hilary though after what I researched between the two. Lesser of 2 evils...I guess.

Im just all for giving something new a try. This time around there is a chance for a person who is not owned by other politicians or interests to run it. He has 4 years or if he crosses the line an impeachment.

Arguing over what he will and will not do is pretty senseless. Who knows. If he lied like other politicians than he too is a pos but Lets just see what the guy does. I really dont think its fair to bunch him in with previous politicians who lie to get elected.

I actually cross reference any claims I hear to form an opinion. I heard CNNs side and I heard Sean Hannity etc and did my own research to see if I could find the truth. I heard Hilarys side and I heard Donalds.

Im not really a supported of either. I prefer Donald over Hilary though after what I researched between the two. Lesser of 2 evils...I guess.

Im just all for giving something new a try. This time around there is a chance for a person who is not owned by other politicians or interests to run it. He has 4 years or if he crosses the line an impeachment.

Arguing over what he will and will not do is pretty senseless. Who knows. If he lied like other politicians than he too is a pos but Lets just see what the guy does. I really dont think its fair to bunch him in with previous politicians who lie to get elected.

Donald trump as a politician is harmless...it's the ppl who will be with him and the power they all now hold is scary.

All of his policies will have to filter through the correct channels before they are implemented,which are pretty extensive. The biggest fear for his party and the world as far as I understand it is what he says in public that is un-vetted.

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

Consumer protection under Trump

As references have been made on this forum on the relevance of consumer protection when it comes to dodgy operators and unreasonable T&Cs, it's quite worrying to read that Trump intends to get rid of the CFPB through Hensarling’s Financial Choice Act.

If he succeeds, American consumers may be on their own when it comes to dealing with predatory financial companies trying to take advantage of them. If it’s replaced with something less powerful, consumers will lose their direct complaint line to an agency that can do something.

Without a CFPB, consumers may be without a financial police force that keeps predatory lenders looking to trap them and from for-profit colleges from leaving consumers and their families in debt without the skills they paid for. They may be at the mercy of the bank if it illegally forecloses on their houses. Consumers may not be able to have their day in court if something goes wrong, instead forced into disadvantageous arbitration without the benefit of fellow consumers banding together with them.

I thought Trump had vowed to look after the forgotten white working class - this is definitely not in their best interests...

There's certainly lots of speculation in media generally on the coming Trump presidency at present, and unfortunately most of it appears to be negative and pessimistic.

Hopefully there will soon be more clarity on key issues as Trump and his team develop their policies and strategies, but until then it's all just that - speculation, however informed or based on election utterances it may claim to be.

The left in the US appears to me to be betraying its own belief in the democratic process by whingeing and demonstrating following the surprise turnaround in the election.... maybe it's time for the high profile Democrats in business, entertainment and politics to lead the way and live up to the standards so often espoused: accept the results and promote American unity?

Not a few folks seem to be focusing on Trump as a rather dangerous one man band, but as others in this thread have already commented, there are a range of checks and balances built in to the US political system, and there is no shortage of experience and knowledge in the US civil service and wider to advise and if necessary criticise any questionable decisions or conduct - executive powers notwithstanding, as President Obama has discovered on occasion.

As references have been made on this forum on the relevance of consumer protection when it comes to dodgy operators and unreasonable T&Cs, it's quite worrying to read that Trump intends to get rid of the CFPB through Hensarling’s Financial Choice Act.

If he succeeds, American consumers may be on their own when it comes to dealing with predatory financial companies trying to take advantage of them. If it’s replaced with something less powerful, consumers will lose their direct complaint line to an agency that can do something.

Without a CFPB, consumers may be without a financial police force that keeps predatory lenders looking to trap them and from for-profit colleges from leaving consumers and their families in debt without the skills they paid for. They may be at the mercy of the bank if it illegally forecloses on their houses. Consumers may not be able to have their day in court if something goes wrong, instead forced into disadvantageous arbitration without the benefit of fellow consumers banding together with them.

I thought Trump had vowed to look after the forgotten white working class - this is definitely not in their best interests...

Whilst businesses complain about the burden of "red tape", we see so many abuses in cases where the "red tape" is absent. Businesses' unethical behaviour is the root cause of the ever increasing burden of regulation, because the "red tape" often begins when consumers are getting ripped off en masse to the extent that something MUST be done about it.

The 2008 crash was a result of a policy of "light touch regulation" of the financial sector, designed to minimise the burden so as to encourage the sector to be more creative. Unfortunately, they decided to line their own pockets in ever more creative ways, with little regard to the potential damage that could be done to the global banking system if any of their innovative schemes turned sour.

Quite right. Republicans (faux or not) dominating the White House, House of Representatives and the Senate is a disaster for online gambling in the US. I foresee RAWA appearing on Trump's agenda very soon - don't forget he's basically in Sheldon Adelson's pocket, no matter what he claims. Expect iGaming to be outlawed in Nevada, New Jersey and Delaware within a year or two - and that would probably place question marks against Daily Fantasy Sports to boot.

Sorry but with all due respect, these claims are all sheer nonsense. Trump had help from his family, but aside from that, he's self-made. He's a political genius, and he doesn't need anyone, least of all Adelson, Wynn, or anyone else in Vegas.

Trump is on record favoring national legalization. If RAWA appears before him, he will totally veto. He didn't cater to Protestant Evangelicals, they did NOTHING to put him where he is today, he can take them or leave them, and he loves to have fun.

I am SO not worried.

1) There are 50 states within the United States; and

2) George W. Bush enjoyed a Republican Congress (bicameral) from 2003 to 2007.

Ok but thats different.

Trump will do whats in the best interest of his personal friends on this matter. He was a casino owner himself. All his close friends are. There is no way he allows anything to be approved unless it benefits them.

Trump was very positive about relaxing the laws of online gambling 5 years ago so I can not see him backtracking on the issue today. What better way to appeal to common folk than to give them what they want?

Donald Trump: US should legalize Internet betting

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) — ATLANTIC CITY, N.J.

The real estate mogul and founder of an Atlantic City casino company says the United States should legalize Internet gambling. The company that bears his name, Trump Entertainment Resorts, is moving forward with plans to establish an online betting venture as soon as it's legal.
The company says it wants to get in on the ground floor of the Internet gambling business, and is close to selecting a joint venture partner to run an online gambling operation. The idea is to be well-placed and ready to go as soon as such activity is legalized in the United States.
"It should be approved here," Trump told The Associated Press on Thursday. "An awful lot of money is leaving the U.S. that should and could stay in this country."
Trump Entertainment, which includes Donald Trump and daughter, Ivanka, and the Avenue Capital hedge fund, would own 10 percent of the new venture.
Donald Trump said the key to success in the online gambling market is having the best brand.
"We think we have the hottest brand there is, the Trump brand, my personal brand," he said. "We think it's going to do phenomenally well."

Users who are viewing this thread

Click here for Red Cherry Casino

Meister Ratings

Back