Cablegate

Treason is Treason and this US Soldier is guilty of this act, now is that right or wrong? I hold true to the passage of Samuel Adams but these are different times and your post has valid merit to it, this coward instead of out fighting was downloading on what was presumed to be a Lady GaGa CD, how many US men and women were killed on those days he was downloading and trying to make a buck or gain his 15 mins of fame?

I love this country and im also a charter DAR member, so as an American, I do not take these things lightly and neither should any other American.

See how the times have changed, some were right but most were wrong due to the change in our history for the better.

United States
Philip Vigol and John Mitchell, convicted of treason and sentenced to hanging; pardoned by George Washington; see Whiskey Rebellion.
Governor Thomas Dorr 1844, convicted of treason against the state of Rhode Island; see Dorr Rebellion; released in 1845; civil rights restored in 1851; verdict annulled in 1854.
John Brown, convicted of treason against the Commonwealth of Virginia in 1859 and executed for attempting to organize armed resistance to slavery.
Aaron Dwight Stevens, took part in John Brown's raid and was executed for treason against Virginia.
William Bruce Mumford 1862 convicted of treason and hanged for tearing down a United States flag during the American Civil War.
Mary Surratt, Lewis Powell, David Herold, and George Atzerodt in 1865 hanged for treason and conspiracy for the Lincoln assassination and conspiracy - by military tribunal.
Iva Toguri D'Aquino, who is frequently identified with "Tokyo Rose" convicted 1949. Subsequently pardoned by President Gerald Ford.
Herbert Hans Haupt German-born naturalized U.S. citizen, in 1942 was convicted of treason and executed for giving aid and comfort to the enemy (his son) and for espionage.
Martin James Monti, United States Army Air Force pilot, convicted of treason for defecting to the Waffen SS in 1944.
Robert Henry Best, convicted of treason on April 16, 1948 and served a life sentence.
Mildred Gillars, "Axis Sally," convicted of treason on March 8, 1949, served 12 years of a 10- to 30-year prison sentence.
Tomoya Kawakita, sentenced to death for treason in 1952, but eventually released by President John F. Kennedy to be deported to Japan.

Laurie

Prvt. First Class Bradley Manning of the U.S. Army is now where he belongs and should be tried for treason and put to hard labor at Levenworth but im sure other inmates there will see that he has no peace for the rest of his life.Treason against ones country should call for the strictest punishment allowed, hard labor or death.

Julian Assange needs to be brought up on the rape charges he is facing in Sweden and then extridited to the US to face charges of International theft of services, he is not only a pervert who has to resort to rape to get his nuts off but also a blackmailer and those that back him should think about his rape victim(s) in Sweden.

Laurie

You may be right, but only time will tell? It's early days yet and if you read all the Swedish prosecutions case resides on then most likely Julian Assange is not guilty of these charges.

In the case of bradley manning, if the courts find him guilty, he will have to take what's coming to him.

It's early days as of yet. Only time will tell...

Laurie, I'm not saying that what Manning did isn't treason. In his case though, I think he had to have known this would destroy his life, and I think he believed he was doing the right thing. Every soldier's got an obligation to disobey orders they believe are wrong. To me, that was the point of the Nuremberg trials. And I'm not saying America is Nazi Germany, or that this kid was right...I'm just saying I can't fault someone's actions without knowing his convictions and motivations, and anybody willing to spend the rest of their life in jail or get executed to make a point, I think, deserves at least a fair hearing. That's what was wrong with Ruby Ridge, and Waco, when you think about it. Not that I think those people were right either, but it was Federal execution without a trial. And we haven't heard from Manning, and I don't believe we ever will now.

And the other thing is that Assange is being made into a scapegoat here. Once Manning's deed was done, if it wasn't Assange, would probably be somebody else. Assange isn't American, he doesn't owe any loyalty to America, so he can't be tried for treason and it just makes the American gov't look bad to hound him like this.

I think it's interesting because, reading these cables, I'm actually more proud of my gov't than I have been in years. They seem to be pretty well on the ball with all these different third world scumbags they deal with. I think these things make China and Saudi Arabia and Iran and North Korea...and even Italy, look a whole lot worse than the US. I consider myself a patriotic American...and one who doesn't think the gov't has any business telling us whether we can gamble or anything else... heck I voted for Larry Flynt when he ran for governor in California. I didn't vote for Ron Paul last time, but I sure will the next time around. And as such, I don't think we need to be afraid of the truth. Either our country's facing these dictators the way it should, or it isn't, and the only people I think have anything to lose here are our crooked politicians who said one thing and did another, and the dictators around the world who're being exposed to their own people as the lying thieves they are.

Tons of conspiracy theorists...including the Iranian government and Hugo Chavez...are trying to float the idea that these wikileaks were put out by the CIA, and that Assange is just a front for the US government. If they feel that threatened by it, I'm glad...it means we'll come out winners in the end. And in the long run, that's the only real measure for us anyway, all talk about justice aside. Sure, we talked some smack about Qadafi. What are they gonna do? Now or sometime, this had to come out...and in the end it still just shows we're the best country in the world to live in. But it would be a lot better if we welcomed this inevitable truth coming out, instead of getting all defensive about it.

Prvt. First Class Bradley Manning of the U.S. Army is now where he belongs and should be tried for treason and put to hard labor at Levenworth but im sure other inmates there will see that he has no peace for the rest of his life.Treason against ones country should call for the strictest punishment allowed, hard labor or death.

Julian Assange needs to be brought up on the rape charges he is facing in Sweden and then extridited to the US to face charges of International theft of services, he is not only a pervert who has to resort to rape to get his nuts off but also a blackmailer and those that back him should think about his rape victim(s) in Sweden.

Laurie

Hi, laurie. I respect your thoughts and opinions.

Prv. manning is currently sitting in a cell in quantico, Va. He's being held incommunicado and cannot even see so much as his parents.

When manning read what he did he had to think long and hard and he said he had to come to grips with his conscience and i dare say he knew all to well what would happen to him.That's how Julian Assange became involved.

Julian Assange was awarded the 2008 Index On censorship from the Economist New Media award.

In 2009 Amensty International awarded Wikileaks their media Award for exposing "extra judicial killings and disapperances in Kenya".

Wikileaks has a exposed much corruption in many places. One would have to do some many, many hours of research to understand the full extent of their work.

As for the alledged rape charge in Sweden, it's quite bizarre because the chief prosecutor, the director of public prosecution dropped the entire case against him, saying threre was absolutely nothing for him to face, back in September. And then, a few weeks ago, after the intervention of a swedish politician, a new prosecutor began a new case and not in the same jurisdiction as to where the alledge incidents occured?

Anyways, i reserve my judgement until all the facts come out.

As for the alledged rape charge in Sweden, it's quite bizarre because the chief prosecutor, the director of public prosecution dropped the entire case against him, saying threre was absolutely nothing for him to face, back in September. And then, a few weeks ago, after the intervention of a swedish politician, a new prosecutor began a new case and not in the same jurisdiction as to where the alledge incidents occured?QUOTE]

I've been wondering about this, having not seen too much media focus on what I would have thought was a key element in the persecution of Assange.

There doesn't appear to be much desire to examine these allegations more closely, and from what Asianeyes writes it appears that this facet needs more attention if balance and fairness on the hunt for Assange is to be achieved.

To me, Asianeyes's comment suggests that political pressure rather than real justice may be at play here, in the same way that various suppliers of internet services are assisting in hounding Wikileaks off the internet.

The scary thing is, I wouldn't put it past politicians to engineer exactly these scenarios in a vindictive attempt to nail and silence Assange and deflect attention from the content of the Wikileaks disclosures.

I would like to see the media, and the Swedish news services in particular, press the enforcement authorities on the apparent anomalies in the prosecution's approach in this case.

Options narrowing for Wikileaks - and still no detailed reportage on the Swedish rape allegations.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
Options may be narrowing but Wikileaks appears to have a solid Plan B as I would have expected..........Also a bit more on the Swedish rape allegations!

And because he didn't steal the documents but simply released them, he would likely be protected by the Constitution's guarantee of freedom of speech.

He is not from the US so the US Constitution should not cover him as far as im concerned.

He is nothing more than a blackmailer and should turn himself in to the Swedes, clear his name of the Rape charges and seek goverment protection from any of the Euro nations that may want to step in and help protect him.

Its pure blackmail to anyone that reads that article.

Backup plan my ass:mad:

Laurie

As for the alledged rape charge in Sweden, it's quite bizarre because the chief prosecutor, the director of public prosecution dropped the entire case against him, saying threre was absolutely nothing for him to face, back in September. And then, a few weeks ago, after the intervention of a swedish politician, a new prosecutor began a new case and not in the same jurisdiction as to where the alledge incidents occured?QUOTE]

(sorry I screwed this up but I believe the following was posted by jetset?)
I've been wondering about this, having not seen too much media focus on what I would have thought was a key element in the persecution of Assange.

There doesn't appear to be much desire to examine these allegations more closely, and from what Asianeyes writes it appears that this facet needs more attention if balance and fairness on the hunt for Assange is to be achieved.

To me, Asianeyes's comment suggests that political pressure rather than real justice may be at play here, in the same way that various suppliers of internet services are assisting in hounding Wikileaks off the internet.

The scary thing is, I wouldn't put it past politicians to engineer exactly these scenarios in a vindictive attempt to nail and silence Assange and deflect attention from the content of the Wikileaks disclosures.

I would like to see the media, and the Swedish news services in particular, press the enforcement authorities on the apparent anomalies in the prosecution's approach in this case.

Absolutely jetset and holy hell should be raised if we don't see that happen. I don't see how with all the media and world watching that it would be treated any other way but no form of trickery is very surprising these days unfortunately.

Last edited:
Quote" On Wednesday, two days before the Paypal assets freeze, Wikileaks editor in chief also stated in a widely reported Forbes cover Story that Wikileaks would expose tens of thousands of files relating to abusive practices in U.S. Financial Institutions".

I am only left to wonder again as to the Timeline? Another coincidence?:rolleyes:

It's a 7 page report on forbes magazine. If the link doesn't work correctly, just type forbes/wikileaks and go to Forbes main page, scroll and you will find the story link to take you to the interview.

As previously stated, i reserve judgement. But i will say, i've followed Wikileaks since it's inception nearly and have viewed countless documents covering so much corruption around the globe.

Look near the top middle of the page for 'continue to the story' to go to the correct page. Sorry.

Last edited:
Quote" On Wednesday, two days before the Paypal assets freeze, Wikileaks editor in chief also stated in a widely reported Forbes cover Story that Wikileaks would expose tens of thousands of files relating to abusive practices in U.S. Financial Institutions".

I am only left to wonder again as to the Timeline? Another coincidence?:rolleyes:

It's a 7 page report on forbes magazine. If the link doesn't work correctly, just type forbes/wikileaks and go to Forbes main page, scroll and you will find the story link to take you to the interview.

As previously stated, i reserve judgement. But i will say, i've followed Wikileaks since it's inception nearly and have viewed countless documents covering so much corruption around the globe.

Look near the top middle of the page for 'continue to the story' to go to the correct page. Sorry.

oh i agree about the corruptions even in the bible it says 1/2 the saints will be purged s i understand it not to mention the part were it Say's, easy'r to put a camel through the eye of a needle than a wealthy man to get gods grace

I would recommend that anyone interested in this case, if they have not already done so, follow Nash's links for stories on the rape charges that are aptly described by Assange's lawyers as "surreal".

Clearly it is not a good idea to take any chances whatsoever with the Swedish laws on sexual consent, and the reported comments from the women involved are revealing.

This only strengthens my personal gut feel that Assange is being treated as a very "special" case, probably at the behest of politicians behind the scenes.

That said, I think the threats of uncontrolled releases of masses of new and unscreened material if Assange is killed or taken to court are over the top.

I can understand the need to have some "insurance" when you're labelled as Public Enemy Number One by the political system, but a more subtle approach would sit better with most people, I think. He's trying to protect himself in a frightening scenario by fighting fire with fire, and in the process runs the risk of being characterised as an extortionist imo.

Assange has apparently surrendered to the British police. The outcome of this Swedish case on which the warrant was issued (several times) should make for really intereting reading.

This is why it was just a bad idea from the beginning. Now he looks like a terrorist blackmailing the whole world with his cult following. It's getting easier and easier to care less what happens to him. I wonder who will play him in the movie. :rolleyes:
What the heck was that word his lawyer called Sweden? spittlestate or something? :what:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back