Tips The trick is back! MGS AWP games.

vinylweatherman

You type well loads
What a surprise:)

Looks like MGS have screwed up again during the recent update.

There is a return of an old trick on a few of the "Lo Tech" AWP games, ones like Fire & Dice that don't have a feature board and loads of options. I believe this is down to a piece of orphaned code left behind when some of the early "Lo Tech" fruities were developed in the 1990's, on which many of the MGS games are based (same programmers, formerly working for Barcrest, appear to have been behind the development of the Microgaming AWP portfolio).

The trick in question is the "Nudge Up trick". This was one of those secret undocumented features on the old 1990's games that only the "pro" players knew about. Early games didn't offer the player any hints that there was something like this available. A few here may remember this trick from games like 777 Heaven and Cloud 999 from the 1990's. In these games, a pair of boxed like symbols where holds were allowed meant there was also a trick available. If you got two such symbols after a spin, but had been granted a nudge, it was possible to nudge UP by holding the "cancel" button when pressing "nudge". This was pretty useful where the third symbol needed for a win was below the winline. The trick meant that some losing spins could be converted into winners.

Online, it seems that on games like Fire & Dice, where a pair is on the win line, and the third one step below, and a nudge has been granted, there is a "nudge up" available if one knows the keyboard equivalent of holding down the "cancel" button whilst pressing the keyboard shortcut for nudge (which is the number buttons 1,2, or 3 corresponding to the reels). Particularly useful if the top win is possible, as this causes Fire and Dice to "streak".

It also appears that in the case of MGS, this is truly a bug, rather than a hidden feature, as no account of it has been taken in determining the probability tables that drive the RTP cycle, hence this trick raises the RTP to over 100%. Unfortunately, it is a pretty high variance trick as a pretty specific set of conditions needs to arise in order to trigger the "streak".

1) getting the combo necessary after the spin, which is 7 7 77 77
7 7 7

2) Having got one of these three combos, a nudge also has to be awarded, one that would normally be a losing nudge.

3) Using the trick on the FIRST nudge to bring the 7 up from below to achieve the top 777 win which awards 25 rolls of the dice, and causes the machine to "streak" (at least one set of sixes will appear, which awards the jackpot of 500x stake).

The trick works on a small number of the other games that use the same format.

Good one Mr. Weatherman:lolup: I rarely play AWP's cause I have no clue how to play them and would get fleeced. Now if we could see a trick where Avalon II would give me a complete set of 5 reels wild that would be awesome:thumbsup: (but unlikely)

You had me going for a second, but I've seen Fire & Dice as a newer game at Top Game so I was trying to see the connection to MGS when I happened to look at my calendar.

You shouldn't fool like that. You will become like the boy that cried wolf ;)

I knew there was something up. If Microgaming had such a blatant flaw in their game they would have realized a long time ago. I'd believe this for a newer slot but not an old slot. Does MG even have this slot on their books?

P.s. Googobucs answered my question :)

You shouldn't fool like that. You will become like the boy that cried wolf ;)

I knew there was something up. If Microgaming had such a blatant flaw in their game they would have realized a long time ago. I'd believe this for a newer slot but not an old slot. Does MG even have this slot on their books?

Yes, along with Treasure Ireland, the emptier for which I first showcased on April 1st 2007 (or thereabouts):D

What a surprise:)

Looks like MGS have screwed up again during the recent update.

There is a return of an old trick on a few of the "Lo Tech" AWP games, ones like Fire & Dice that don't have a feature board and loads of options. I believe this is down to a piece of orphaned code left behind when some of the early "Lo Tech" fruities were developed in the 1990's, on which many of the MGS games are based (same programmers, formerly working for Barcrest, appear to have been behind the development of the Microgaming AWP portfolio).

The trick in question is the "Nudge Up trick". This was one of those secret undocumented features on the old 1990's games that only the "pro" players knew about. Early games didn't offer the player any hints that there was something like this available. A few here may remember this trick from games like 777 Heaven and Cloud 999 from the 1990's. In these games, a pair of boxed like symbols where holds were allowed meant there was also a trick available. If you got two such symbols after a spin, but had been granted a nudge, it was possible to nudge UP by holding the "cancel" button when pressing "nudge". This was pretty useful where the third symbol needed for a win was below the winline. The trick meant that some losing spins could be converted into winners.

Online, it seems that on games like Fire & Dice, where a pair is on the win line, and the third one step below, and a nudge has been granted, there is a "nudge up" available if one knows the keyboard equivalent of holding down the "cancel" button whilst pressing the keyboard shortcut for nudge (which is the number buttons 1,2, or 3 corresponding to the reels). Particularly useful if the top win is possible, as this causes Fire and Dice to "streak".

It also appears that in the case of MGS, this is truly a bug, rather than a hidden feature, as no account of it has been taken in determining the probability tables that drive the RTP cycle, hence this trick raises the RTP to over 100%. Unfortunately, it is a pretty high variance trick as a pretty specific set of conditions needs to arise in order to trigger the "streak".

1) getting the combo necessary after the spin, which is 7 7 77 77
7 7 7

2) Having got one of these three combos, a nudge also has to be awarded, one that would normally be a losing nudge.

3) Using the trick on the FIRST nudge to bring the 7 up from below to achieve the top 777 win which awards 25 rolls of the dice, and causes the machine to "streak" (at least one set of sixes will appear, which awards the jackpot of 500x stake).

The trick works on a small number of the other games that use the same format.

I thought you'd invent a story a even more implausible than that! I was half-expecting 'Rushmore winner receives cheque 10 weeks after winning' or something...:D

The trick in question is the "Nudge Up trick". This was one of those secret undocumented features on the old 1990's games that only the "pro" players knew about. Early games didn't offer the player any hints that there was something like this available. A few here may remember this trick from games like 777 Heaven and Cloud 999 from the 1990's.

/PEDANT MODE ON

I knew this was an April's Fool as VWM has got his old lo-techs mixed up.

777 Heaven never had the nudge up, it was the later evolution of the concept called Jackpot 7's that had the hidden nudge up, as did the later slot Rags to Riches and some of the other Project lo-techs of the time.

Not on 777 Heaven though, and Cloud 999 didn't have it either, that was a Barcrest.

/PEDANT MODE OFF

Arhhh lol, I was really enjoying reading that.I used to love them nudgy uppies £3 jack pot and that

/PEDANT MODE ON

777 Heaven never had the nudge up, it was the later evolution of the concept called Jackpot 7's that had the hidden nudge up, as did the later slot Rags to Riches and some of the other Project lo-techs of the time.

Not on 777 Heaven though, and Cloud 999 didn't have it either, that was a Barcrest.

/PEDANT MODE OFF

Ah, but there was an upgrade of the original 7 Heaven to the higher jackpot £15 which had the nudge up trick...everything else was exactly the same - artwork/sounds etc.

Ah, but there was an upgrade of the original 7 Heaven to the higher jackpot £15 which had the nudge up trick...everything else was exactly the same - artwork/sounds etc.

Yes, I was about to correct our Chopley there.......I distinctly remember nudging-up those brown 7's on one version and the boxed reds and blues on another.

P.S. while we are on the subject, did anyone do the old emptier on P1, the 10p-in-the-bank trick??;);)

/PEDANT MODE ON

/PEDANT MODE OFF

Pedant!!!

However, I didn't have all the time to research the name of the actual game, so I just used 777 Heaven. Cloud 999 DID have it's own tricks though, just not the nudge up. Wouldn't have worked though as MGS fruities don't have these special "boxed symbols".

However, if you had two boxed like symbols on 777 Heaven, did the trick, and then switched the machine off at the wall, it rewound time by one spin and allowed you to try for the trick again and again. If it didn't offer the necessary holds, you just kept switching it off and on again till it did. It was an empty, but too obvious for a manned arcade due to the sheer number of cycles needed. My local even used the CCTV to catch players doing this trick, and security would descend like a ton of bricks and chuck out anyone playing or even watching a 777 Heaven that kept going off and on again.

Quite a few machines could be emptied by "off and on again" actually;)

I will try this out on MGS fruities, and post the results in a year's time when most of you would have forgotten this:D

Yeah but if VWM's talking about 777 Heaven and Cloud 999 in the same sentence he must be referring to the original versions IMO.

I DEMAND WE HAVE A PEDANT DEATHMATCH! :D

P.S. while we are on the subject, did anyone do the old emptier on P1, the 10p-in-the-bank trick??;);)

The 10p in then collect and repeat until it did something ?
Used to love the old project 4.80 jackpots.
My local had loads of them in and used to go round them all and play until I got the streaks and then go on rat race for the gamble

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back