European Union To Ban Dozens Of High-Wattage Household Electrical Appliances ??

You guys are making it look like conserving energy and saving the environment is a bad thing.:rolleyes:

It is. We need more global warming. Then we can use less energy on heating, get more heat-exchangers and solar power generation and grow crops quicker. The only way the world will ever save the environment is to at least halve it's population.

You guys are making it look like conserving energy and saving the environment is a bad thing.:rolleyes:

When they stop ruining rainforests and chasing those who live much more ecologically away from their own land in the process. When those who make the rules have carbon footprints that are amongst the worst in the world then I will become more eco focused.
Those who decided upon the smoking restrictions in public and in the workplace exempted themselves from the smoking ban in their own Brussells offices. It boils my pish.

All news to me, Albeit nothing surprise me in theU.E know more,

Probably why I bought a shit load of light bulbs ages ago from tesco on the cheap, Check out the Omicron 100 watter, Like rocking horse shit now,

View attachment 67081

Does the drawer above contain your Jaffa Cake stash?

I heard the Eu is wanting to make the "orangey bit" smaller :laugh:

Although i think on some i have had lately, this has already been passed

Does the drawer above contain your Jaffa Cake stash?

I heard the Eu is wanting to make the "orangey bit" smaller :laugh:

Although i think on some i have had lately, this has already been passed

HeHeHe, I am keeping what is in the drawer above a secret until they actually ban whats in it, Just in case you all go out panic buying

We were recently rewarded for our energy conservation, combined with a mild winter, by having our rates jacked a bunch since they did not make as much money as forecast.

Seriously, will they be sending appliance police door to door to confiscate your energy guzzlers?

I can understand introducing new legislation for new products, but to outlaw existing ones in homes?

As for vacuum cleaners, I can remember helping my mom beat our rugs when I was a little girl. Bare floors and a broom are very energy efficient.

We were recently rewarded for our energy conservation, combined with a mild winter, by having our rates jacked a bunch since they did not make as much money as forecast.

Seriously, will they be sending appliance police door to door to confiscate your energy guzzlers?

I can understand introducing new legislation for new products, but to outlaw existing ones in homes?

As for vacuum cleaners, I can remember helping my mom beat our rugs when I was a little girl. Bare floors and a broom are very energy efficient.

It's not THAT bad. The rules will apply to all new products made after a certain date. One big problem is that whilst the bureaucrats are good at making these new rules, they are bad at getting information out to ordinary consumers. The first we hear about it is when one of the newspapers runs the story, and of course they focus on the items getting banned, but give little information as to the reasons why. Just to make matters worse, we sometimes find that so much focus has been placed on CO2 reduction that the real disaster is the unintended consequence. We had this with the "dash for diesel" years ago that was born from CO2 focussed reduction targets. Consumers got on board and bought diesel cars as the fuel cost per mile was lower, and of course CO2 emission was lower. Now we find that it has been an air quality disaster of epic proportions, and we are now being told to go back to petrol, or even try electric or hybrid cars. It's not that easy either because some consumers are lumbered with expensive diesel models, often paying off finance, and they have seen second hand values drop like a stone so they are locked into keeping their diesel car because they can't trade it in for another model.

With this latest set of rules, we are being told that the EU deliberately hid these plans until after the referendum in the UK, so naturally it's an ambush set of regulations as far as we are concerned, and the worry is that they have been ill thought out and when they come in, the old models will vanish, but there will be no new models available with the same capability, hence the rush to "stock up" on models we KNOW work, rather than trust that the new models that come out will be up to the job. The EU bureaucrats won't give their side of the story, so we only have the one sided view that these plans are ill considered, focussed too much on CO2 reductions without considering the wider implications of appliances that actually do the job, and that by hiding them until after the referendum, they KNOW that these plans will be highly unpopular, yet the EU is supposed to be a democracy.

Here in Australia if you bought a car before they introduced seatbelts you can to this day drive it legally without seatbelts.
Some people I've told don't believe me, but it's true. A friend's father is a car enthusiast and he drives a car without seatbelts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back