dear Bodog
Thankyou verymuch for your reply and understanding,
michael lewendon.

----- Original Message ----
To: spacelew@btinternet.com
Sent: Thursday, 3 April, 2008 3:05:01 PM
Subject: Re: can this happen on your sites? <<#271990-1365444#>>

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for contacting Bodog Poker Customer Service.

Please be aware that security procedures in the Bodog Poker room are very specific regarding any issues pertaining to fraud or fraudulent purchases. For any given situation, there will be a particular policy or procedure that must be followed.

In this case, it appears that a card that was involved in fraud was registered to your account with a successful deposit. While Bodog does it's best to prevent against fraudulent transactions on the site, it may be difficult to prevent all fraudulent transactions from occurring due to the nature of the information that we collect and do not collect to protect your privacy and the security of your information.

Please note that as per our Players Agreement, you may only have a Credit Card registered or used on your account that belongs to you. Credit Cards that belong to your friends and family, that are registered to a name other than your own, are not allowed to be registered to your account. Doing so will result in a procedure to correct the situation. While this may not result in your account being disabled, the documentation that must be submitted may result in delays in other areas of your account access.

While it is unfortunate that your account on another Poker site has been disabled, the procedures that are in place on any site, or with any business that deals with financial information, is in place to protect the company, and protect authorized card holders from any fraudulent transactions.

In the future, we suggest preventing any cards being registered to your account that do not directly belong to you as this will prevent this situation from occurring again. We also suggest patience when dealing with situations that include security situations as investigations are often thorough and take some time to complete.

We wish you luck in finding an expedient and favorable outcome in your dealings with your Poker account.

Thank you very much for writing. Should you have any questions, or require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Poker Customer Service
Bodog Entertainment
The Evolution of Digital Entertainment
poker@bodoglife.com
poker.bodoglife.com
1-866-909-ACES (2237)

Last edited by a moderator:
The title of your post is wrong....it's not one credit card only, it's only credits cards with your name on them.

Please note that as per our Players Agreement, you may only have a Credit Card registered or used on your account that belongs to you.

While it is unfortunate that your account on another Poker site has been disabled,

Did you tell them this? I had heard once they shared info with AP/UB so I wonder if they still do or if you told them this. Also this isn't much of a complaint either. You mean I can't take someone else's credit card and deposit into my account? That seems standard.

Did you tell them this? I had heard once they shared info with AP/UB so I wonder if they still do or if you told them this. Also this isn't much of a complaint either. You mean I can't take someone else's credit card and deposit into my account? That seems standard.

I dont get this. I worked with opening and closing credit card accounts. For a start, only the actual person could talk to me.

On to stars, as I said. I clicked auto login to my friends account on stars. I have an account there. I deposited and played on his account, didnt realise until someone was cursing me on the chat.

My friend doesnt have a PC, only plays occassionally on my computer, same IP. Ive deposited into his account with a card that is already registered to my account. It was never picked up on but I was half expecting to get banned for it. Nothing happened. That was last year.

That is a security issue that needs tightened up on at stars. I dont think I withdrew that time, for the 2 day lag to check account, but it could easily be used to chipdump.

When I was working within the credit company, the security was, to say the least, lax, and I had access to all information to make everything possible. The company name? Royal Bank of Scotland. Try googling "Royal Bank of Scotland" + "pokerstars"

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back