neteller account closed?!

whooosh

Dormant account
i just logged into my neteller account and read this:

An error has been encountered

Your account has been closed.

Please call NETELLER Security at 00 800 7767 6343 and press 0 then option 2, or email admin@neteller.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

is somebody else having problems with nt at the moment?

I've had one of those messages once.. It was because I logged in from a pc connected to the internet though a isp not located in my home country..

Neteller closes you account for security reasons and after a phonecall they reopen it..

it happened to me once when i loggin using other computers.
i think they are very sensitive user's IP.

just call them or talk to their live chat.
they asking to you security question and it will be fine.

IP

Suddenly logging in from a different IP will cause this. I had this after installing a PC at my Mum's house.
If this is the problem, a phonecall should sort it out. If you know you are going to be using a different IP it is worth contacting Neteller in advance to avoid this inconvenience.
There are likely to be other flags that can cause account locking, such as a sudden change in transaction patterns.
I believe Neteller can add another IP address to your list of likely access points, but with so many providers now using dynamic IP addresses I expect the lock will more likely be triggered when the IP seen is outside the range that would normally be allocated.
In my case, I was happily using NTL IP addresses, but after a few from Tiscali I had to contact Neteller support. My account now works fine on both these broadband accounts.
Accessing through WiFi on a laptop will very likely cause this issue.

thank you for the quick help. i talked to live chat and they opened my account again. i asked her, why it was closed and the answer was
Due to a security feature on your NETELLER account. It has now been removed.
...this could be a limitation of different ip-addresses. but on the other hand i used to log in from two different computers since i started to use neteller without ever having problems.

When i travel, if i intend using Neteller, they suggest you phone them when you arrive in the new country before you access your account. I think it's a sensible security feature personally, if a bit of a pain, although when i went to Vegas, I accessed it without problems there and when I got back without phoning them (I had emailed them in fact but they told me to phone from vegas so maybe the email acted as the OK).

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back