Revised technical standards to be released end of June
The UK Gambling Commission has published proposed amendments to the Remote Gambling and Software Technical Standards (RTS) consultation which was launched October 2016.
Revisions to the RTS include:
– Greater consistency and clarity in the information made available to consumers;
– Enhanced consumer protections;
– Lay the groundwork for a wider review into new and emerging products and potential links to negative gambling behaviour;
– Greater consistency in the methods used to protect consumers from the effects of and collusion and other prohibited activities;
– Improved fairness and transparency of processes that have a direct impact on consumers; and
– Align the RTS with consumer protection requirements in the testing strategy (an updated version of which was published in May 2016).
The full text can be read here: http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/PDF/consultations/Remote-gambling-and-software-technical-standards-consultation.pdf
The revised technical standards will be published separately at the end of June.