200th milestone millionaire marks the beginning of a landmark PokerStars poker promotion
Online poker provider Pokerstars has announced that over the next 10 weeks, ten poker players will win $1 million apiece in the PokerStars Makes Millionaires series, which runs from April 2 to June 4.
Players have the chance to win via a variety of routes in both online and live poker events over the period, the announcement advises… and a few of these paths offer either free or low cost points of entry.
The first $1 million guaranteed is set to be awarded this Sunday upon the completion of the Sunday Million 11th Anniversary. However $100 Spin and Go tournaments that are running currently mean that the million dollar jackpot could hit at any time before then.
The five routes to million dollar prizes are:
* Sunday Million 11th Anniversary – The first millionaire expected to be created by the promotion will also be the landmark 200th millionaire made by PokerStars in its 15-year history. The first winner is due to scoop the prize through the 11th anniversary celebration for Sunday Million on April 2. Players can buy-in directly for $215 or win entry from only $1 in satellites.
* $10 Spin and Go – although, $100 Spin and Go satellites are currently running on PokerStars meaning that the first millionaire could be created at any minute, special edition $10 Spin & Go’s will run until June 4.
* Spring Championship of Online Poker (SCOOP) – Two millionaires will be created in the biggest ever SCOOP yet held. This year’s series, running from April 30 to May 23, will have a total series guarantee of $55 million, the largest ever guarantee for any PokerStars series.
* PokerStars Championship presented by Monte Carlo Casino – Another two players will become millionaires at PokerStars Championship presented by Monte Carlo Casino from April 25 to May 5 at Monte Carlo Casino. The Monte Carlo millionaires will be created in the PokerStars Championship High Roller, which has a buy-in of $25,750, and PokerStars Championship Super High Roller, with a buy-in of $100,000.
* The final route to become a millionaire will be through unique Millionaire Challenges.
“It is going to be a very exciting period with a new millionaire emerging from our player pool every week for the next 10 weeks,” said director of poker innovation and operations, Severin Rasset.
“We have prepared a variety of challenges and events that will give a chance to every player to win $1 million, combining our best flagship events like the Sunday Million or the SCOOP with our extremely popular Spin & Go product, alongside major live event opportunities.”
The Pokerstars statement reveals that over the last 15 years the company has created 147 millionaires from its live events and 52 millionaires have been made from online tournaments, and last year 19 poker players became overnight millionaires.