Swedish Authority Issues First Sixteen Licenses
Top operators ready to flick the switch
Sweden’s Lotterinspektionen, soon to be known as Spelinspektionen, has issued the first sixteen licenses of 95 applications it received for permission to operate in the newly re-regulated market at the start of 2019.
The sixteen licenses comprise:
- Betsson Group brands Betsson, NordicBet and SverigeAutomaten, licensed for gaming and betting.
- AB Svenska Spel for gaming.
- AB Trav and Galopp (ATG) licensed for online gaming and betting.
- Auto Nordic Ltd, licensed for online gaming.
- Casumo, licensed for online gaming and betting.
- ElectraWorks Limited (Bwin, Partypoker and others), llicensed for online gaming and betting.
- Hillside Sports (bet365) – license for online gaming and betting.
- Interwetten Gaming Limited licensed for online gaming and betting.
- Leo Vegas Gaming, licensed for online gaming and betting.
- NGG Nordic (Nordic Bet) licensed for online gaming and betting.
- Skill On Net Ltd, Online Games License.
- Spooniker Ltd (Kindred Group brands Unibet, Maria Casino, etc.), licensed for online gaming and betting.
- SuprPlay Limited, online Games License.
- Svenska Spel Sport & Casino AB, licensed for online gaming and betting.
- Tombola (Tombola.se), licensed for online games.
- The authority will continue assessment of all applications, delivering their decision in the coming weeks.
“This is a historic day for Spelsverige. I am very proud that the Lottery Inspectorates staff, under severe pressure and under a whole new legislation, worked out the first license decisions,” Camilla Rosenberg, Director General of Lotterinspektionen said.
Sweden Awards Another Two Licenses
In anticipation of launch of re-regulated market
Global Gaming subsidiary SafeEnt Ltd has been awarded five-year casino and sportsbook licenses for its Ninja Casino and SpelLandbet brands by the Lotteriinspektionen.
“We are thankful for this seal of approval,” Joacim Möller, CEO of Global Gaming said. “It not only signals their approval of our business model but also gives us an opportunity to continue focussing on our largest market.”
VideoSlots has also been awarded a license authorising the launch of online casino in the market.