Fourth quarter 2016 results show continued significant wagering across all verticals
Spain's online gambling regulator, the General Directorate for the Regulation of Gambling Affairs, has posted Q4-2016 that close out another year of steady growth for Spanish operators.
Q4-2016 highlights included:
* GGR up 32 percent year-on-year to Euro 125.66 million;
* Stakes up 33.6 percent y-o-y at Euro 323.52 million;
* Withdrawals by players up 30 percent y-o-y at Euro 205.09 million;
* Year-on-year growth in player sign-ups of 17 percent was recorded, with operators reporting a total of 600,000 registered active players at year's end – a nine percent improvement on the same figure in 2015;
* 60 percent rise in marketing and advertising by operators compared to the preceding quarter;
* Wagering increased across all verticals, with sports betting up 42.52 percent, casino up 16.35 percent, bingo 14.03 percent, poker up 10.31 percent and other betting up 10.74 percent. In the casino vertical slots attracted most action at 46.67 percent, followed by Blackjack at 17.80 percent, but baccarat declined significantly.
* Bonuses awarded in the quarter totalled Euro 18 million, less than the preceding quarter but 36 percent up on a year-on-year basis;
* Sponsorship saw a rise over the preceding Q3-2016 quarter of 142 percent;
* 52 licensed operators are active in the Spanish market.
Online Casino News Courtesy of Infopowa