Still male dominated but substantial boost in female active players
Operators can glean valuable customer insights from a recently released market statistics report covering 2015 from Spain's gambling authority Dirección General de Ordenación del Juego (DGOJ).
– 2.4 million player accounts registered with licensed operators by the end of 2015, a rise of 25.3 percent over 2014.
– 83 percent of active players on licensed operations are male – 87 percent of those are under the age of 46.
– A 53.5 percent increase in female active players.
– 37 percent of total online players in the Spanish regulated market (both male and female) fall between 26 and 35 years of age.
– Men, aged 26 to 35, make up the largest player percentages across casino, poker and betting while women dominate the bingo sector and are mostly aged between 36 and 45 years old.
– The market saw a 20 percent increase in total active online players who spent on average 20.6 percent more per player over the previous recording period.
– Male players spent an annual average of Euro 322, while women spent Euro 146. Total average player expenditure was Euro 293.
– The largest average spend of Euro 552 was recorded by men who fall within the 36 to 45 age group. Women who fall in the 18 to 25 age group spent the least at Euro 15.
– September to May experienced the highest number of active players which remained fairly stable averaging around 379,888 across those months but dipped during the months June to August.
– 70 percent of Spanish players are partial to a single operator and prefer to fund their recreational pursuits with the via bank card (66 percent), electronic wallet (16 percent) and prepaid cards (11 percent).
– 61.7 percent of all active players partook in one game and 18.3 percent in two.
– 66.3 percent of total active players indulged in solely the sports betting vertical and 25.5 percent opted for only online poker.
– 21.7 percent of all active players played poker and wagered on sports.
– 15 percent of all active players wagered on sports and played roulette.
– Sportsbetting increased 34.39 percent.
– Bingo enjoyed an increase of 37.64 percent.
– Casino gained in popularity following the introduction of online slot games by 80.44 percent.
– Poker declined 2.1 percent.
– Average playing time fell 2.7 percent.
Online Casino News Courtesy of Infopowa