But the poker vertical lags again
Q2-2016 numbers released this week by the Spanish regulator Dirección General de Ordenación del Juego (DGOJ) show impressive revenue growth in the online betting and casino sector, but another weak performance from online poker.
Highlights of the report include:
* Overall GGR up 56 percent year-on-year at Euro 99 million;
* Online casino the strongest contributor – up 91 percent y-o-y thanks to the addition of slots and live dealer roulette, with the latter comprising 48 percent of online roulette revenues in the period;
* Online sports betting revenue up 70 percent, but with a relatively low margin of 4.5-5 percent;
* Online poker revenue down 10 percent, with cash games particularly hard hit, falling 67 percent;
* Ranked by GGR, sports betting enjoyed 54 percent market share, online casino 28 percent, and poker 14 percent and bingo 3 percent;
* The Spanish market remains dominated by companies like bet365, William Hill, bwin, 888, PokerStars, and Sportium, challenged by local rivals Luckia, Casino Barcelona and Vive La.
Online Casino News Courtesy of Infopowa