Million dollar online poker tournament series has produced some impressive statistics over the seven years of its existence
Pokerstars’ regular Sunday Millions online poker tournaments have been a top attraction for online poker fans for over seven years, and this week the publication Poker Listings published an impressive list of achievements flowing from the series, which guarantees at least a million dollars in guaranteed prize pools every week.
* Total Sunday Millions tournaments played so far: 365
* Total number of participants: 2.8 million
* Total prize money distributed: $585 Million
* Number of countries from which winners have originated: 52
* Best performing countries: USA with 79 wins; Canada – 42; UK – 30.
* Biggest single prize pool generated: $12.4 Million (December 2011, 10th anniversary special – the winner took home $1.1 million.
* Total number of cashes in the tournaments: 408,000. Average cash: $1,200. Over 400,000 players have made at least a min-cash in a Sunday Million.
* Total rake: $42 Million. PokerStars charges $15 for each entry on buy-in of $200, and makes around $115,000 on each tournament.
Online Casino News Courtesy of Infopowa