Key sponsor of French football team going into Brazil World Cup 2014
French operator Pari Mutuel Urbain (PMU) has extended its sponsorship partnership with the Fédération Français de Football (FFF) for another four years.
Partners since 2010, the renewal will focus on French A Teams, Junior and Women, the Coupe de France and the Tableau d'honneur Petits-Poucets (Tom Thumbs).
"In 2010, we chose to engage with the French Football Federation to support PMU's diversification into sportsbetting," said Philippe Germond, chief executive officer of PMU. "A wise choice that allowed us to establish PMU.fr among the major leaders in the growing market with nearly 25 percent market share and more than 30 percent during the France-Ukraine match in November 2013 in terms of stakes.
In related news, PMU released the results of a recreational customer survey specifically targeting the upcoming Brazil World Cup 2014 football tournament. Findings included:
– Television remains the preferred channel to watch the tournament said 92 percent of respondents, 85 percent will utilise a second screen and 22 percent will bet via sports betting websites.
– Second screens will be used in conjunction with television to search for information (45 percent), share on social networks (38 percent) or bet utilising sports websites (22 percent).
– 52 percent of football fans have already bet on a match, while 37 percent said they would be willing to bet on Team France during the World Cup.
– 60 percent of the respondents said they would diligently follow the Football World Cup 2014.
– 64 percent of football fans would follow the tournament beyond the traditional channels.
– 80 percent would seek out friends and/or family to watch tournament matches with.
The French sports betting market is experiencing strong growth (22.4 percent in 2013), 65 percent of which is driven by football. PMU expects stakes to reach Euro 100 million through the online channel during the upcoming tournament.
Online Casino News Courtesy of Infopowa