Stricter enforcement will keep operational venues away from schools and churches, says regulator
Having created mayhem in the Philippines e-gaming space at the behest of new national president Rodrigo Duterte, the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (Pagcor) announced Saturday that online gambling will be permitted to resume, albeit with stricter enforcement that will keep operational venues well away (200 metres) from schools and churches.
Arnell Ignacio, assistant vice president for community relations and services at Pagcor, said that the enforcement measures would be strictly applied, with consequences for any non-compliance.
Ignacio said Pagcor intended to open the online gaming industry to more players:
"We will open it up to more people but only under very stringent measures," he said.
He said casinos in the country have begun recovering from low earnings.
The Pagcor spokesman was not specific or clear regarding the re-issue or resumption of licensing for operators that were refused licensing renewals or had permits withdrawn last month.
Online Casino News Courtesy of Infopowa