September a bumper month
September is set to be a bumper month for poker fans, with over $72 million invested by online poker providers in upcoming tournaments, according to the publication Pokerfuse.
Collating the investments of several providers, Pokerfuse reports that PokerStars, partypoker.com , 888poker, Winamax and MPN all have bigger and better tournament series this month, with $72 million in guaranteed prize pools available over the next three weeks.
"Overall there will be 444 scheduled events, making September a stand out month for the online poker industry and for players wanting to get a slice of the action," the poker information site comments, detailing a few of the highlights:
* PokerStars WCOOP offering guarantees $5 million over 82 events up at $50 million, with a gigantic $102 buy-in Super High Roller just one of the high points;
* Party Poker Powerfest with $10 million in prize pools guaranteed over 198 events;
* Winamax Series XVI with $7.82 million in prize pools across 100 events;
* MPN UCOP with $556,000 guaranteed spread across 24 events – double the guarantees from last year;
* 888poker Super XL with $4 million in guarantees over 40 events.
Online Casino News Courtesy of Infopowa