Players spend an average of A$17.52 a week on online gambling
H2 Gambling Capital's interesting study of Australian online punters continues to generate media coverage, with the results showing up on several publications this week.
The study indicated that:
* Adults in Australia on average spend about A$17.52 per week on gambling;
* They have more positive views on gambling than do land-based gamblers;
* There are more males active in online gambling – with between 62 percent and 77 percent; of players being male.
* Online gamblers in Australia tend to be about 6 years younger on average than land-based players, with a mean age of 39;
* They are more likely to have a full-time job and have a university degree and an average income between A$90,000 and A$119,000;
* Online gamblers tend to take part in a wider range of gambling activities than land-based punters, including poker, horse racing and sports betting;
* Table games, racing and sports betting are the most popular choices for online gamblers, with 80 percent favouring racing and sport betting;
* Whilst usage is growing in mobile devices, the market at present still plays mainly on laptops or desktop devices; 86 percent of respondents said they use computers while14 percent use mobile devices;
* 63 percent of respondents said that they preferred to play online because it is more convenient and comfortable. Many said that they believed online operators give better odds and more options for the player;
* 60 percent said that they participated in online gambling through international companies, and 54 percent revealed that they held just one account at a single online operator.
Online Casino News Courtesy of Infopowa