We're reviewing transactions deemed suspicious, says TGP Holdings chief exec
Garth Kimber, a former head of e-gaming for the Isle of Man and now CEO of online gambling group TGP Holdings, responded Saturday to accusations that his company was confiscating the winnings of punters who successfully bet on Cheltenham races.
Kimber was responding to enquiries from the local newspaper Isle of Man Today, and said in a statement:
"'In response to speculation and comments on forums and in the press about certain brands TGP Europe Ltd would like to clarify our actions.
"Following unprecedented volumes and unusual activities during the Cheltenham racing festival the company has followed our regulator approved procedures and terms and conditions and reviewed activity deemed suspicious.
"All payments were processed for accounts not deemed to be under investigation and additionally all payments have now been processed for those accounts reviewed and found not to have been in breach of our terms and conditions.
"For those accounts where the terms and conditions have been breached, account holders have been informed, the company has processed a refund of deposits, voided all bets (winning and losing) and closed the accounts.
"The relevant authorities were informed of our concerns and subsequent investigation and we are in the process of sharing full details of the activities found to have taken place.
"The company regrets the time taken and effects on genuine players but is committed to upholding both our own and the industry's integrity."
Kimber said he could not comment further at this stage, and did not divulge details of how many accounts were impacted by the review and the withholding of winnings.
Widespread newspaper and social media reports earlier had publicised that online betting websites 138.com, 12Bet, Fun88.co.uk and TLC Bet had sent emails to customers suggesting they had abused the operators' promotions on bets on the Cheltenham horseracing festival last month.
Kimber's company TGP Holdings owns some of the brands named in the reports.
On Friday the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission confirmed it was aware of the furore but would not comment due to Commission policy on regulatory and compliance issues. The UK Gambling Commission is also reportedly aware of the issue.
Online Casino News Courtesy of Infopowa