The Channel Island of Jersey plans a big presence at this year's ICE show
Hard on the heels of its first online gambling licence issued, to operator Twelve40 this week (see previous InfoPowa report), the island government of Jersey in the English Channel has issued a statement extolling the virtues of its regulatory system, which include:
* Providing the cheapest tier one jurisdiction licence costs available
* Free Disaster Recovery Licenses
* An independent Gambling Commission
* No Value Added Tax
* No eGaming Duty
* Zero percent Corporation Tax
* Premium location for Initial Public Offerings
* Excellent internet connectivity
* World-class regulatory, banking, legal and technology services
* A digital hub to support eGaming businesses looking to relocate
Andy Jarrett, director of Digital Jersey boasted in the statement:
"Jersey's eGaming offering has gone from strength to strength in recent years and is now arguably the most attractive of any tier one jurisdiction. Our recently announced highly competitive licensing environment, investment in telecommunications, depth of technology skills and our reputation as a leading finance centre makes us the compelling new option for eGaming organisations."
The island is sending a slew of high powered execs to present the jurisdiction's offering at the upcoming ICE expo and conference in February, including Assistant Chief Minister, Senator Philip Ozouf.
Online Casino News Courtesy of Infopowa