Latest Spillemyndigheden numbers indicate a robust industry
Spillemyndigheden, the Danish online gambling regulator, has issued its latest market statistics, which illustrate a continued robust and growing nature in the three months to end June 2016.
Highlights of the report include:
* Overall GGR up at DKK 935 million (Q2-2015: DKK 805 million);
* Sports betting GGR up 15 percent year-on-year at DKK 355 million, with online contributing 65.5 percent;
* Casino GGR (including poker) up at DKK 395 million (Q2-2015: DKK335 million) with showing little improvement at DKK 40 million;
* Online slots remain the biggest revenue earner, contributing 68 percent of GGR vs. just 10 percent from poker.
* GGR from land-based gaming machines was DKK 400 million, DKK 15 million down on the comparative period in the preceding year;
* GGR from gaming at land casinos was DKK 10 million better than in Q2-2015 at DKK 100 million.
Online Casino News Courtesy of Infopowa