Online casino vertical continues to be best performer
The latest numbers from Denmark's online gambling regulator, Spillemyndigheden, portray an industry in good health in Q2-2015, with online casino action delivering the best potential.
The reports notes that:
* Online licensee revenues were up an impressive 25 percent year-on-year to DKK 335 million ($49.9 million) in the second quarter of 2015, and 8 percent up on Q1-2015;
* Overall, the land and online gambling market generated revenue 11 percent up at DKK 805 million;
* The casino vertical was once again the star of the online show, delivering DKK 295 million in revenues, or 28 percent up year-on-year;
* Online poker again underperformed and remained static at DKK 40 million;
* The regulator regrettably does not distinguish between online and land sports betting metrics, but Spillemyndigheden said the two combined delivered DKK 470 million in revenues, up just under 6 percent year-on-year.
Online Casino News Courtesy of Infopowa