Online casinos and sports betting deliver impressive growth percentage-wise
Spillemyndigheden, Denmark’s gambling authority and regulator, has released Q4-2017 statistics showcasing continued growth in the national gambling industry, with online casino and sports betting activity making impressive advances percentage-wise.
- Overall gross revenue up almost 7 percent year-on year;
- Online casino revenues up by 16.7 percent year-on-year at DKK22.8 million;
- Sports betting revenues up almost 30 percent year-on-year;
- The nation’s seven land-based casinos saw a decline of 3.3 percent year-on-year in revenue as more punters switched to the convenience of the Internet;
- Arcade and restaurant gaming machine profits also declined – down compared to both the third quarter and year-on-year by around 2.5 percent;
- Lotteries (the exclusive preserve of state-owned Danske Spil) reported continued growth in revenues at DKK 3.1 billion.