Your Fur Babies 2020

Here we have one seriously depressed jack Russell moved house 3 weeks ago and she's been on her knees "tail between the legs" since we moved..
Maybe toss a couple of your hoodies in her bed for some familiar scents to get used to the new place

So, after Puck passed - twas (is) hard, this was a guy at my side every day for 10 years, never more than 5 feet away, still miss the guy madly - but looking soon, or in short order, to add to the pack here.
I'm torn between 2 breeds, and have done all my due diligence between the two.

So, putting it out there for opinions, espec, if people have had either breed.
Yes, both droolers, shedders, great big bastiches. Bloody dogs weigh more than me (barely lol) ringing up to 200 LB
I'm a homebody, prefer backyarding, lakes and camping than holidays; a puppers can come and chill and enjoys yard, camp, lounging. Both fit the bill - one snow, one lake

The two:
Saint Bernard
Newfoundlander

(yup, monster buggers, cant do fru and honestly, just prefer the 'at ya feet' types - not to say we wont play and exercise, but I've still a high-strung runner and shes at her max, and better a puppers now can train with one knows the tricks and rules)

Anywho, up to feedback - one v the other (again, well versed and researched) but there's always real-life experience that lends :)
I really am stuck at a 50/50 split

doggo1.JPGdoggo2.JPG

So, after Puck passed - twas (is) hard, this was a guy at my side every day for 10 years, never more than 5 feet away, still miss the guy madly - but looking soon, or in short order, to add to the pack here.

Yes, both droolers, shedders, great big bastiches. Bloody dogs weigh more than me (barely lol) ringing up to 200 LB
I'm a homebody, prefer backyarding, lakes and camping than holidays; a puppers can come and chill and enjoys yard, camp, lounging. Both fit the bill - one snow, one lake

The two:
Saint Bernard
Newfoundlander

(yup, monster buggers, cant do fru and honestly, just prefer the 'at ya feet' types - not to say we wont play and exercise, but I've still a high-strung runner and shes at her max, and better a puppers now can train with one knows the tricks and rules)

Anywho, up to feedback - one v the other (again, well versed and researched) but there's always real-life experience that lends :)

View attachment 150883View attachment 150884

I can't help you here, I've never had a really big dog like that. I hope someone can tell you first hand tho about their experiences with either one of them :thumbsup:

Lately I've been looking to adopt one myself, it's been over 4 months now since my girl passed and spring is coming. But I'm probably going for a smaller breed, they can be active but we just don't have the space to keep a bigger one. If we, one day, have a place with a decent sized yard I might get a bigger dog too.

Hope you find the perfect friend!

I can't help you here, I've never had a really big dog like that. I hope someone can tell you first hand tho about their experiences with either one of them :thumbsup:

Lately I've been looking to adopt one myself, it's been over 4 months now since my girl passed and spring is coming. But I'm probably going for a smaller breed, they can be active but we just don't have the space to keep a bigger one. If we, one day, have a place with a decent sized yard I might get a bigger dog too.

Hope you find the perfect friend!
I'm glad youre adopting. :)
And I'm VERY pro adopt - but with the one I still do have, it would be.....problematic. Best to introduce a pup.
THEN, after she passes, we can introduce an adoptee with one more likely to accept a new pack member (cuz, welll, I'll always have 2)

I'm glad youre adopting. :)
And I'm VERY pro adopt - but with the one I still do have, it would be.....problematic. Best to introduce a pup.
THEN, after she passes, we can introduce an adoptee with one more likely to accept a new pack member (cuz, welll, I'll always have 2)

Having 2 kinda eases the pain. We used to have 5 dogs like 10 years ago when I was living with my dad and grandmother. There was never a dull moment :laugh:

May I suggest don't get a Sprollie ( Collie / Springer Spaniel Cross ) aka Assholius Sprollius ala Roadrunner style

Attachments

• snooppup1.jpg
    snooppup1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 8
  • snoop3 copy.jpg
    snoop3 copy.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 7
  • snoop2 copy.jpg
    snoop2 copy.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 8
lol, yeah, 2 is my cap, ive only 2 arms (and the one dog tore BOTH rotator cufffs - those were super, fun 6 months of mad pain))
I will never complain again about my dog pulling on the lead. Wow, that is an injury normally associated with boxers who have endured a 12 round war!

That was the father in law's dog that we were looking after when ours was a 15 week old pup. In Kill Bill mode no less! Needless to say they have never wanted us to look after her again LOL. Our dog just terrorised her all week!

Attachments

• paimei.jpg
    paimei.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 3

The two:
Saint Bernard
Newfoundlander

View attachment 150883View attachment 150884

I have had both a Newfoundland and a St Bernard when younger and whilst I loved them both dearly the St Bernard had a right stubborn streak and was very hard to train, they are slow on the uptake and can be a bit highly strung, whilst the Newfoundland was a lapdog or at least tried to be and just wanted to please - they can be a wee bit sensitive to being told off as they live to please their owner so for me it has to be the big goofball of a Newfoundland.

I can't ever remember not having dogs around me from a young age so I understand you wanting another one so good luck with your choice and getting your new fur baby :)

bitterweet really
he wont make it til morning
tried to let him pass peacefully of his own accord but wants in my palm, bless him

i knows hes passing, feeling that little heartbeat fading (can i maybe NOT feel their lives leak out in my hands?)
But hes happy, warm and secure

It's a sad-happy
Sad, he's goin off, he's been around more than half of my life
But really, cant cry foul...I mean, it's probably a Guinness bird
Expected to live max 16 years
The oldest Guinness verified is 31
And this guy is 29 years ive had him and I found the wee bugger in the winter stuck to my bricks outdoors and no clue how old he might have been then
He cant see or move or fly and just wants to curl in my hand to pass, so giving him pets and sing-songs tonight
I tried to wrap him up and make him comfy...he just wants to rest in my palm and give love nibbles

20210220_215916.jpg20210220_202934.jpg

He passed <3

RIP Bert
He was loved and didnt pass alone

FTR, I'm very much against owning or buying birds
Granted, pet birds have near twice the life expectancy.
But dont bother unless you can allow birds to be birds
He was never clipped and had an open door (cage) life to fly as fit
(sure, after 20 he was locked in, sad bastich flew into walls and knocked himself cold)

He, was a guy, took the dog for a pee in the winter, 30 years ago, and was stuck on my brick house face in the winter and we adopted

A good life. Near if not, a world record living bugger.
He passed in my arms and went into the good light peacefully. :)

FYI, to curb gossip and more PMs - once and that's all; I opted to trade in my staff colours. A confluence of work and life collided - a lot of fam losses followed by three pet issues (2 passings, another impending, pets and fam, all, long, arduous processes); needed, and need, me time is all :)

Hug ya fur babies <3

flipping through old photos, missing my puppers (Puck, passed in Jan) and Shang (current) has feline leukemia wont be here long

Anywho, a bonded pr; saw this old pic.

100% unaltered, fluke of camera light, but, jeezus, no wonder the cat felt safe with him :laugh:

p.jpg

Meet Bruno

"Was there name before I got them so I didn't want to change it.

New addition to my family <3

Adopted them last week, Always wanted a dog of my own But wanted to wait till I moved to the country side last month as My old place wasn't suitable, I have finally got space for a Dog.

Bruno xo.png

Meet Bruno

"Was there name before I got them so I didn't want to change it.

New addition to my family <3

Adopted them last week, Always wanted a dog of my own But wanted to wait till I moved to the country side last month as My old place wasn't suitable, I have finally got space for a Dog.

View attachment 153072
a cutie, for sure; an awesome addition, no doubt

been looking at these 4 fine fellows this week
I'm stuck on the St Bernards, for my own personal lifestyle and the innateness of the breed
Not in the cards this yr, as they run 2K (one is a pyranese, 1900 but also a good fit)
Maybe next yr :)

pup1.JPGpup2.JPGpup3.JPGpup4.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back