Your favourite books?

Oh, and on a gambling-related subject, "Fortune's Formula" about the development of the Kellye method of bet-sizing. Fascinating and fun.

My Favorite books/Authors

Believe it or not! (And what reason would you have not to?! :p ) I'm into poetry. As such, on my shelf, I have the current works (both poetry and non.):

I have the same Henry Rollin's book, the Solipsist. Very good poetry. I forget if Rollin's poem 'Brick' is in this book, I haven't read it for a while. I suggest you search for this poem if you're into weird/serious/deep and somewhat dark poetry.

EVERYTHING by Kahlil Gibran (But in particular my favorites are The Madman and The Prophet.)

The Rum Diaries & Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson.

I have quite a bit of fantasy and sci-fi. Ender's Game, Various Dragonlance and Forgotten Realm books as well as the standard LOTR bits.

And then the rest? Comic books and dungeons and dragons manuals (and their competing companies' analogues!) , of course, because I'm a big nerd. :p

Anywho, of all of that Kahlil Gibran's the Prophet is by far my favorite. You can check it out online for free, and its a short and easy read. Give it a look! :D

Micheal buble, On stage Off stage

for all of his fans, it's a fun book that he wrote "on stage off stage" lots of pics for us woman lol

Awesome read! Had to share!

My sister used to work for Borders for many years and always had access to proofs prior to publication. She's getting ready to move and came across one she never read from 2008.:eek: It was so good she passed it on to me & I fell in love. Read the whole book yesterday!

The Art of Racing in the Rain
Garth Stein, author

It's a sweet, touching story narrated by a pet dog named Enzo. Not often I am touched by a book, but I love this book so damn much, I am buying it as gifts for people. I am a dog lover and this book gives great insight to the impact a person can have in the lives of other human beings and pets included.

Gonna look into reading Garth Stein's other novels after reading this gem.

Anything by Terry Pratchett is guaranteed to make you laugh. He's got to be my favorite.
Seconded! Great author and a really nice guy too. Got to chat to him after a lecture in Dublin once. I also like all of Tom Holts stuff so maybe check that out. :)

Now my next recommendation:

I STRONGLY recommend you check out ''Norah's Children'', ''Michael'' and the third book in the trilogy ''Going Home'' which was released just today!!

They are all fantastic books loved by any who read them. Granted I may be a smidge biased as my Mum is the author, but how could I NOT put a shameless plug for her in here. So proud of her. www.annofarrell.net :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back