www.vegasfrontier.com - It's Gone

promoguy

Dormant account
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Location
gibraltar
Hi all,

i have just checked the above and all i get is a holding page. I have also checked the whois info and the domain expired on 19th Apr 06.

Anyone got any info?

Thanks

P
 

Sodax77

Dormant account
Joined
Apr 15, 2004
Location
EU|FI
CasinoForumu said:
Expires: 19-Apr-2007 ?


Domain Name: VEGASFRONTIER.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Name Server: DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS3.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS4.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Status: REGISTRAR-LOCK
Updated Date: 19-apr-2006
Creation Date: 19-apr-2004
Expiration Date: 19-apr-2006

____________________________________

WhoIs Results for vegasfrontier.com

This name has EXPIRED, the former whois information is:
Organization Name: Futura Properties S.A
First Name: Ricardo
Last Name: Arcia
Address 1: CALLE 50, TORRE GLOBAL BANK, PISO 15, OFICINA A
Address 2:
City: Panama
StateProvince: Panama
PostalCode: 10000
Country: PA
Phone: +1.8884510125
Fax: none
EmailAddress: [email protected]


Other Information
nameserver: DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
DNS3.NAME-SERVICES.COM
DNS4.NAME-SERVICES.COM
DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM
 
Last edited:

Simmo!

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
Joined
May 29, 2004
Location
England
This is interesting...wonder if Jetset has any news on this?
 

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Location
Pennsylvania
Sodax77 said:
Maybe Wager Junction want this domain ;)


What's weird is the fact that I went and tried to register it, and it comes back as 'not available'.

wtf?

Can a registrar keep a domain that was registered through them once it's expired? Isn't that against the rules registrars have to live by? Seems quite unethical to me. It also seems that is the case, seeing as how the link on the page to inquire about it sends an email to the registrar re: expired domain.

Quite good for marketing though. Set up an expired domain name as a search engine, and then sell it off to the highest bidder that comes along.
 

soflat

Dormant Account
Joined
Oct 3, 2005
Location
Florida
winbig72 said:
What's weird is the fact that I went and tried to register it, and it comes back as 'not available'.

wtf?

Can a registrar keep a domain that was registered through them once it's expired? Isn't that against the rules registrars have to live by? Seems quite unethical to me.

They will usually place a hold on an expired domain for a short time in case the original owner just forgot or couldn't renew on time for whatever reason. In other words, there is a grace period.

You can also back-order domains (before they expire). So even if the original owner does not renew, the name is probably already taken.
 

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Location
Pennsylvania
CasinoForumu said:
Email adresses are same.
So its first owner registered the name,again.


????

Where do you see that? Every whois I see on this domain (even just now) shows it as expired.

edit: And thanks for the info about the backordering. I totally forgot about that. Even so, what gives them the right to put a placeholder on a customers domain for their own monetary gain? I could understand it if they put a "on hold" page of some sorts with maybe a link to their main site, but not what they have at present. If you'll notice, every link that is on that page leads to an affiliate account offsite.
 
Last edited:

Simmo!

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
Joined
May 29, 2004
Location
England
winbig72 said:
edit: And thanks for the info about the backordering. I totally forgot about that. Even so, what gives them the right to put a placeholder on a customers domain for their own monetary gain? I could understand it if they put a "on hold" page of some sorts with maybe a link to their main site, but not what they have at present. If you'll notice, every link that is on that page leads to an affiliate account offsite.

When enom and others get domains that run past their renewal date, they place the domain "on hold". After a set period of time, this then reverts to their Parking DN servers where they normally have a deal with domainsponsors, hence the affiliate links, which generate small amounts of PPC on each click. Common practice.
 

CasinoForumu

Dormant account
Joined
Mar 28, 2006
Location
Bursa
winbig72 said:
????

Where do you see that? Every whois I see on this domain (even just now) shows it as expired.

Before:

Domain Name: VEGASFRONTIER.COM

Creation Date: 19-apr-2004
Expiration Date: 19-apr-2006
EmailAddress: [email protected]

Now

Creation Date: 19-apr-2004
Expiration Date: 19-apr-2007
EmailAddress: [email protected]


I dont know where you check domains but some sites updated informations after 24-48 hours.
 

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Location
Pennsylvania
Simmo! said:
When enom and others get domains that run past their renewal date, they place the domain "on hold". After a set period of time, this then reverts to their Parking DN servers where they normally have a deal with domainsponsors, hence the affiliate links, which generate small amounts of PPC on each click. Common practice.

It's a shame that ICANN doesn't have anything against this. They're getting traffic for domains that weren't theirs in the first place; and I'm sure they're profitting greatly from it.
 

Simmo!

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
Joined
May 29, 2004
Location
England
winbig72 said:
It's a shame that ICANN doesn't have anything against this. They're getting traffic for domains that weren't theirs in the first place; and I'm sure they're profitting greatly from it.

True, although I have more of an issue with the drop catchers. Pool, Snapnames, Club Drop etc... there's something about the whole dropcatching monopoly that leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.
 

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Location
Pennsylvania
Simmo! said:
True, although I have more of an issue with the drop catchers. Pool, Snapnames, Club Drop etc... there's something about the whole dropcatching monopoly that leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.


Not too far from the fiasco where all unregistered *.com, *.net, etc addresses were being funneled to one site awhile back.
 

AussieDave

Banned User
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Location
Australia
winbig72 said:
What's weird is the fact that I went and tried to register it, and it comes back as 'not available'.

wtf?

Goes into holding patern for a month I think (depends on where it was registered)...You could always put a pre-oder on it though ;)
 

ergopro

Dormant Account
PABnononaccred
Joined
Apr 29, 2004
At least vegasfrontier.biz is ran by some affiliate...
This casino (www.realvegasonline.biz) is owned and operated by Marketing Genius, Inc., 36 Mayan Court, Suite 204, Belmopan, Belize.


:confused:
 
Top