New Slot Announcement WOW! Laser Fruit by Red Tiger

I've played a lot of Red Tiger's slots and I've come to the conclusion that they are doing something nasty on the base game on quite a few of them at least. I reckon they use tables to substitute the symbols on the reelstrips at the start of each spin. For example -

Reel 1 - F,A,A,A,A,G,B,B,B,B,H,C,C,C,C...
Reel 2 - A,F,F,F,F,B,G,G,G,G,C,H,H,H,H...

SYMBOL KEY
A = Ten
B = Jack
C = Queen
D = King
E = Ace
... and so on.

On spin number 1 the above symbol key is chosen out of a table at the start of the game. Then on the second spin a different symbol key might be picked at random where 'A' might be a King, 'B' might be a Ten, 'C' might be a picture symbol...and so on. The order of the identifiers on the reelstrips never changes but what symbols they stand for does. This creates the impression that there is a lot potential on the reels during play, but in reality it's just an illusion because although you might see stacks of Queens on reel 1 on one spin, and then on reel 2 on the next, you'll never see them in the same spin because on the first spin the identifier for a Queen was 'C' and then on the next spin it might have been 'G'.

This explains why you sometimes get spins which are almost entirely made up of picture symbols (but still rarely a winning combination); because on this spin 'A' = Picture symbol 1, 'B' = Picture symbol 2..and so on. There's nothing illegal going on of course but the result of this makes for very frustrating gameplay and ultimately disappointment, because you will quickly form an opinion subconsciously of how often you should be getting wins based on what you see on the reels at the end of each spin, but after a while your brain will start thinking 'Hang on a fucking minute...where are my wins!?' Your expectations will not be getting met even remotely closely.

I've played a lot of slots over many years and I've not come across anything like the feelings I get when I play some of these Red Tiger efforts. They are either using several different sets of very long reelstrips to create the amount of variation you see from one spin to the next, or they are doing something like what I've described above. I can't think of anything else that would explain the level of frustration I get from the base-game of a lot of their slots.

Don't get me wrong, I like Red Tiger; their games are beautiful to look at and some of their ideas are unique and very well executed. They certainly bash out a lot of games too. But by Christ I cannot shake the feelings of negativity and lack of fulfillment I get when playing some of them. If they are indeed doing something like what I've described above then they need to refine it a bit, because they've overshot the station somewhat in the frustration stakes.

I've played a lot of Red Tiger's slots and I've come to the conclusion that they are doing something nasty on the base game on quite a few of them at least. I reckon they use tables to substitute the symbols on the reelstrips at the start of each spin. For example -

SYMBOL KEY
A = Ten
B = Jack
C = Queen
D = King
E = Ace
... and so on.

On spin number 1 the above symbol key is chosen out of a table at the start of the game. Then on the second spin a different symbol key might be picked at random where 'A' might be a King, 'B' might be a Ten, 'C' might be a picture symbol...and so on. The order of the identifiers on the reelstrips never changes but what symbols they stand for does. This creates the impression that there is a lot potential on the reels during play, but in reality it's just an illusion because although you might see stacks of Queens on reel 1 on one spin, and then on reel 2 on the next, you'll never see them in the same spin because on the first spin the identifier for a Queen was 'C' and then on the next spin it might have been 'G'.

This explains why you sometimes get spins which are almost entirely made up of picture symbols (but still rarely a winning combination); because on this spin 'A' = Picture symbol 1, 'B' = Picture symbol 2..and so on. There's nothing illegal going on of course but the result of this makes for very frustrating gameplay and ultimately disappointment, because you will quickly form an opinion subconsciously of how often you should be getting wins based on what you see on the reels at the end of each spin, but after a while your brain will start thinking 'Hang on a fucking minute...where are my wins!?' Your expectations will not be getting met even remotely closely.

I've played a lot of slots over many years and I've not come across anything like the feelings I get when I play some of these Red Tiger efforts. They are either using several different sets of very long reelstrips to create the amount of variation you see from one spin to the next, or they are doing something like what I've described above. I can't think of anything else that would explain the level of frustration I get from the base-game of a lot of their slots.

Don't get me wrong, I like Red Tiger; their games are beautiful to look at and some of their ideas are unique and very well executed. They certainly bash out a lot of games too. But by Christ I cannot shake the feelings of negativity and lack of fulfillment I get when playing some of them. If they are indeed doing something like what I've described above then they need to refine it a bit, because they've overshot the station somewhat in the frustration stakes.

Its probably more simple than that probably has multiple reel sets and picks one at the start randomly.

SYMBOL KEY
A = Ten
B = Jack
C = Queen
D = King
E = Ace
... and so on.

I'm not sure I understand entirely, but this does sound illegal. It's definitely illegal to show a symbol combination on a reel that "can't happen" in a winning scenario.

I wonder how many game companies went 'Ooh! Fuck me, we've got to do a slot like this as soon as possible...' when they first saw Laser Fruit. And then a couple of weeks later when the hype had died away they were like 'Nah scrap that, let's do something else.'

Come on, own up :)

Feel like I’m repeating myself again (which I probably am) but these insane potential games just never ever deliver... it’s pure hype, normally with hideous base games to go with it.
It’s like buying a lottery ticket when you make a spin.. and by the looks of BTG’s latest offering doesn’t look to be getting better.

Feel like I’m repeating myself again (which I probably am) but these insane potential games just never ever deliver... it’s pure hype, normally with hideous base games to go with it.
It’s like buying a lottery ticket when you make a spin.. and by the looks of BTG’s latest offering doesn’t look to be getting better.
Yes they are just progressive jackpots in disguise. In about 2 years time someone will hit a 20k win when the game hits the £1,000,000 profit target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back