Would you use super powers to win in a game?

No, eradicate the shit-stirrers who boss certain religions/cults.

Anyway, I am scientifically-minded too and science does benefit mankind in general.

But I'm also a betting man. So I believe in God. If I'm right, I get welcomed through the Pearly Gates. If I'm wrong I've lost sod-all. :)

I like Terrty Pratchett's discworld rebuttal to this logic, where people who try it are after they die surrounded by a load of gods with spiked clubs. "we'll show you what we think of smartypantses here":)

I created artificial intelligence, and named him Jarvis. It allows me to constantly win in videoslots and poker. And I'm a genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.

I would eradicate all of the reasons that the powerful use to buy weapons and defense systems and start wars. Then there would be no deaths due to wars and the world would not starve or live in poverty and be able to build infrastructures that would ensure there is water for all.

Failing that I would hit a five line on my first free spin on the highest stake on Dead or Alive.
I'd eradicate weapons too, but I don't think this will solve the problems of poverty and lack of food and water

I'd eradicate weapons too, but I don't think this will solve the problems of poverty and lack of food and water

Consider the budgets spent worldwide of wars,defenses,military and weapons alongside the cost of rebuilding and fallout from wars and conflicts. Imagine that money redirected for all forms of humanitarian projects. I think you may find it will more than cover poverty,food and water infrastructures.
As things stand we still have "Charities" spending a large part of every £ raised on advertising and huge wages for their top bosses in order to pay for water and mosquito nets in the likes of Sudan. The same places where they have been fund raising for the past 35 years or so. Corruption by those Countries military fueled leaders who redirect those funds to pay for their own ends.
How many years does it take to build an irrigation system in order to provide enough water to drink and to be able to ensure a degree of crop growing?
How many years of fund raising and international yearly £ from us tax payers should it take to provide enough Mosquito nets?
Military and the corruption of the elites associated with them is a huge part of millions of peoples suffering.

Consider the budgets spent worldwide of wars,defenses,military and weapons alongside the cost of rebuilding and fallout from wars and conflicts. Imagine that money redirected for all forms of humanitarian projects. I think you may find it will more than cover poverty,food and water infrastructures.
As things stand we still have "Charities" spending a large part of every £ raised on advertising and huge wages for their top bosses in order to pay for water and mosquito nets in the likes of Sudan. The same places where they have been fund raising for the past 35 years or so. Corruption by those Countries military fueled leaders who redirect those funds to pay for their own ends.
How many years does it take to build an irrigation system in order to provide enough water to drink and to be able to ensure a degree of crop growing?
How many years of fund raising and international yearly £ from us tax payers should it take to provide enough Mosquito nets?
Military and the corruption of the elites associated with them is a huge part of millions of peoples suffering.

In my view it's not about the lack of money, but about the lack of desire. I believe even now, with all those money spent on weapons, even now we can help those who are in need. The governments simply don't care, they just pretend they're doing something to help. They will always find an excuse and something more "important" to put money into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back