Would a serious casino ask for this?

Oebro

Dormant account
Just got this in a mail from a casino where I'm trying to make a withdrawal:

'Your withdrawal will be process tomorrow via neteller please state the amount you would like to receive and verify your address and online password.'

Can they really ask for my password? What should I reply?
 

Webzcas

Winter is Coming!
In my experience NO!

You haven't made it quite clear but which password are they after, your casino account password or your neteller password. If the latter, definately not.

If the former, why would they need it. If they need to verify who you are, they would ask for scans of your credit card and or passport. This is standard. I can't understand why they would need your password at all.

Out of interest, what is the casino in question?
 

Casinomeister

Forum Cheermeister
Staff member
Oebro said:
Just got this in a mail from a casino where I'm trying to make a withdrawal:

'Your withdrawal will be process tomorrow via neteller please state the amount you would like to receive and verify your address and online password.'

Can they really ask for my password? What should I reply?
They should clarify which password they are referring to. Passwords (like credit card numbers) are sensitive information and should not be sent via email.

Tell them that you do not wish to provide a password, and if there is another form of identifier that they can use.
 

GrandMaster

Ueber Meister
CAG
Queens Club Casino/Canbet customer service ask for your password on the phone, and I have not been able to convince them that this is not a good idea. If I have to call them now, I simply change my password and change it back afterwords.
 

Oebro

Dormant account
I wrote to them and told them I didn't feel comfortable giving up my password by email. They apologized for the inconvenience and I just got the money on my neteller account :thumbsup:

The casino in question was betcasino.com (Playtech). They have a decent $50 bonus, but they don't have a withdrawal button :eek2: so withdrawing is kinda difficult - but well, I got my winnings after 4-5 emails or so.
 

MrWolf

Senior Member
Oebro said:
The casino in question was betcasino.com (Playtech). They have a decent $50 bonus, but they don't have a withdrawal button :eek2: so withdrawing is kinda difficult - but well, I got my winnings after 4-5 emails or so.
Running Playtech software they quite naturally assumed you wouldn't actually need a withdrawal button.
 

Webzcas

Winter is Coming!
Oebro said:
I wrote to them and told them I didn't feel comfortable giving up my password by email. They apologized for the inconvenience and I just got the money on my neteller account :thumbsup:

The casino in question was betcasino.com (Playtech). They have a decent $50 bonus, but they don't have a withdrawal button :eek2: so withdrawing is kinda difficult - but well, I got my winnings after 4-5 emails or so.
Hmmmm. You got your money. I would think twice about playing there again though. There are many casinos around that don't give you nightmares when it comes to withdrawals. Just check out any of the recommended casinos on casinomeister.
 
Top