Worst poker room bonus ever?

noluckever67

Non-Gambler
I have seen a few dodgy offers at poker rooms but surely this one is the worst online at www.betterbet.com who get your attention with an FREE 50 <$100> less a cpl cents..stupidly i went for it and after depositing 100 played for a bit..I emailed CS and asked if they monotored the poker room cos every player on the site was talking in some dodgy language and all i could make out was the numbers ..Alas no reply to the email so i just withdrew what i had left and stupidly then looked to see the T+C for the FREE 50 read this its too funny...

To qualify for the bonus, the customer must play at least 1000 raked poker hands. A raked hand is a hand where the player contributes any amount to the pot, by placing either a blind or a bet. Current player information can be found in the poker software by clicking "Account" >> "Player Services" >> "Playing Time". For a hand to qualify as raked, the pot size must be a minimum of $5.

Now can u imagine playing as i do at 25/50c limits howlong it would take you to play through just to recieve that bonus..i mean seriously if anyone has seen worse id sure like to see it..unfortunately i dont expect to live for 120 years to qualify for that dodgy bonus...lol

I have seen a few dodgy offers at poker rooms but surely this one is the worst online at www.betterbet.com who get your attention with an FREE 50 <$100> less a cpl cents..stupidly i went for it and after depositing 100 played for a bit..I emailed CS and asked if they monotored the poker room cos every player on the site was talking in some dodgy language and all i could make out was the numbers ..Alas no reply to the email so i just withdrew what i had left and stupidly then looked to see the T+C for the FREE 50 read this its too funny...

To qualify for the bonus, the customer must play at least 1000 raked poker hands. A raked hand is a hand where the player contributes any amount to the pot, by placing either a blind or a bet. Current player information can be found in the poker software by clicking "Account" >> "Player Services" >> "Playing Time". For a hand to qualify as raked, the pot size must be a minimum of $5.

Now can u imagine playing as i do at 25/50c limits howlong it would take you to play through just to recieve that bonus..i mean seriously if anyone has seen worse id sure like to see it..unfortunately i dont expect to live for 120 years to qualify for that dodgy bonus...lol

How is this the worst?

1000 raked hands for $100 bonus = 10 raked hands per $1. That is the norm - actually better - for most poker rooms. I'd say a good 90%(+) hands at .25/.50NL tables reach the $5 pot milestone.

You also have 90 days to play these raked hands, so I really don't see where the issue is...

Sounds like a normal bonus to me.

10 contributed raked hands/$1 bonus is pretty normal IMO. Granted it would have been sweet if it was just 10 raked/$1 but that's not the case here.

90+% of the pots reaching $5 at this level is too high a number tho, it's folded to the big blind or to an initial raise more than once per lap. There's also a lot of open-pushing for 10-20 BBs at this level so my guess is that 60-70% of the pots reach $5.

However, I think noluck is talking about 25c/50c limit games where the pot would reach $5 around 20-25%, possibly a bit higher. Playing solely those stakes would make this particular bonus nearly impossible to clear.

Thanks

swede i did mention i play LIMIT at poker NL is way too dangerous...and very very few pots ay 25/50c go anywhere near $5.

swede i did mention i play LIMIT at poker NL is way too dangerous...and very very few pots ay 25/50c go anywhere near $5.

I hope you find better bonuses(and you should) suitable for your bankroll. There are a few really easy ones out there if you know where to search. Good luck at the tables!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back