Windows 10

jetset

RIP Brian
We had a discussion going here about Windows 10 but I can't get the search function to work due to profile update interference.

For another view on this "free" gift from Microsoft see this:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

We had a discussion going here about Windows 10 but I can't get the search function to work due to profile update interference.

vBulletin's search function is pants anyway :cool:

I think the bottom line is that there will be no end of competitors waiting to pounce if Microsoft screw up the charging model - along with counterfeit versions - so my bet is that they realise it has to provide value. Their recent home user releases of windows are very reasonably priced when you look back to earlier versions so I suspect they will get the balance right.

The early-21st century days of people thinking they have a right to have every web-thing free are pretty much gone now and I suspect most users are happy to pay for a good product.

But they could of course still manage to screw up and all successful companies be it MS, Apple, Google etc will always have detractors willing to put the boot in if the opportunity arises. Changes like this are often the catalyst for new and inspiring products to move out of the shadows aswell, a fact which I am sure MS are well aware. PR plays a critical role.

No, I had to fill out my entire profile, had to look up every detail regarding MSN, Yahoo and Skype, otherwise it would not accept. I'd rather not have all these details presented to the public. So, if possible, can I have them removed?

I will wait a few months for drivers to mature before upgrading from 8.1 and the bugs to be ironed out.

@ Bryan - no, the profile thing was still messing with me at that point.

@ Simmo - agree with you on being prepared to pay a reasonable cost for a good product (and most of the pundits say that 10 is all of that)

I'm happy to invest in really good security software, so why not for a good operating system with a decent lifespan? From my personal perspective I guess it comes down to how "reasonable" Microsoft are in their ultimate pricing structure.

What's the odds of Win10 drivers being compatible with the hardware in an almost 8 year old laptop? I'm running 7 home premium (x64) with no issues at all (other than a shitty video card.) Has MS released a HCL for 10, so I can use it to cross reference what's in here?

The pic below is of my "Experience Index." As you can see, all scores are pretty decent except for graphics. It's pretty ironic that I would be better off gaming rather than using AERO....lol (which is turned off, btw)

experience index.jpg

Found it.

I have seen this before, but didn't realise it was a Windows service (probably didn't look close enough). Why scores out of 7.9 though, it's a bit odd as normally it's scores out of a round number like 5 or 10, or percentage.

Still, looks like there are some minor improvements I could make as I have fallen a little short in a couple of areas ;)

Attachments

• Experience.jpg
    Experience.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 29
win 10

it will run same specs as win 8 just bulit of that win 8 runs on my netbooks and there specs are nothing id upgrade to a ssd for loading though
my main desktop is 5 years old was just fast build to start with

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back