William Hill TV ad - false advertising

Lemon

🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋
Just seen that William Hill advert on TV. It's such a load of utter bollocks - 10 'Free Spins' on Fishin' Frenzy at 10p a spin. The way it's presented is definitely designed to make you think you're going to get 10 actual Free Spins from the bonus feature, but obviously you're not; it will just be 10 base game spins.

But the thing that pissed me off the most is that they showed the reels spinning in 5 scatters and there was a fisherman at the top of reel 4, which cannot happen in real play. How hard is it to prepare a video of a genuine spin and not cobble some bollocks together instead that is impossible to achieve? Who signed it off?

This is false advertising; misrepresenting the player's true chances in order to lure them into the murky world of gambling, at a time when people will likely be facing prolonged periods at home due to COVID-19. People may also be short of money in these uncertain times and be tempted to gamble their way out of trouble, chasing the impossible '5 scatters and a fisherman' combination they've seen on the telly, probably in the middle of an episode of Family Guy.

William Hill should be made to correct that advert and present the slots they advertise in a fair and realistic manner. It's a fucking disgrace.

I think someone should report them to the UKGC. Not me though, I can't be bothered.

Thanks for reading 😎

🍋 🍋 🍋

Last edited:
2021 here has actually been worse, than 2020, for outrageous spam affilate emails
I'm just tired, of bothering to alert reps because, well, really, nothing has much changed in the year, save for more of - aint my job, to do your job, really

Not the first time, there was an ad a year or two ago which showed IGT's Cleopatra spinning in 5 scatters or wilds was it? across the middle of the reels. Something akin to Jim Bowen on Bullseye in the 1980's "Here's what you could have won..." :cheerleader:

Decent bonus offers though.

Regular 100% match up to £100 x15wr
Several daily £10 match with low wr
Free spins every now and then.

Not many places have decent offers these days.

Decent bonus offers though.

Regular 100% match up to £100 x15wr
Several daily £10 match with low wr
Free spins every now and then.

Not many places have decent offers these days.
You still getting them. Not saw them for last week or so seems to be all crap in Vegas at moment. But agree normally plenty offers with good wagering. Just not in last week for me.

well never ever playing at william hill ever again,ive deposited a few times in last 3 months and no cashouts yeah i can handle that,but the daily bonus drop how is it possible to lose in the last 57 days in a row ??? that tells me one thing,its FIXED

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back