Why the continous spin

ToucanSam

Dormant account
This is my first post.
I have been trying out the online casinos for the first time kind of combining research for my website with having a bit of fun.
Tried about a dozen no deposit bonuses , won 50.00 each on 2 of them and then made actual deposits in 3 of the casinos that seemed best .
Learned a lot from this site and read a lot of forum material already but
I'm wondering what exactly is happening when the wheel on a slot keeps on spinning for a minute during a game. It looks like a kind of a reset.
Is that really just network congestion as suggested by a casino manager in one of the threads ?


Thanks !
 

universexf6

Dormant account
ToucanSam said:
This is my first post.
I have been trying out the online casinos for the first time kind of combining research for my website with having a bit of fun.
Tried about a dozen no deposit bonuses , won 50.00 each on 2 of them and then made actual deposits in 3 of the casinos that seemed best .
Learned a lot from this site and read a lot of forum material already but
I'm wondering what exactly is happening when the wheel on a slot keeps on spinning for a minute during a game. It looks like a kind of a reset.
Is that really just network congestion as suggested by a casino manager in one of the threads ?


Thanks !
Yes it occures to me too at Micro and RTG sometimes. Have no idea why.
I presume may be the wheel is so confused that it keeps rolling and rolling?
:lolup:
 

KasinoKing

WebMeister & Slotaholic..
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
MM
ToucanSam said:
I'm wondering what exactly is happening when the wheel on a slot keeps on spinning for a minute during a game. It looks like a kind of a reset.
Is that really just network congestion as suggested by a casino manager in one of the threads ?
Thanks !
This is REALLY ANNOYING! It's happened to me quite a lot too.
What's happening is, the software you downloaded onto your PC creates the 'spinning reel' image while it contacts the main server for the outcome of the game. But I don't understand why it takes so long! At first I thought it was just when you download a new MG casino, caused by the software downloading the full package in the background, which uses up bandwidth. But when I play card games, there is never a delay, so I guess traffic to the main slots server MUST be the problem, however unlikely it seems.

Anyone else know better, what causes this infuriating glitch?
 

chuchu59

gambling addict
PABnonaccred
CAG
I had an experience when playing at lassetters a couple of years ago when playing their coral paradise slot at 25c per line. During a spin,it continued spinning and I had to log out. I logged in later and I had an extra $2500 in my account. On enquring,I was told by their CS that I had hit their jackpot ie 10,000 coins but due to a software malfunction,this couldnt be shown on the screen. Ah well,I cant complain,can I. I played again later hoping the spins could be continous but lightning just didnt strike again.
 

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
ToucanSam said:
This is my first post.
I have been trying out the online casinos for the first time kind of combining research for my website with having a bit of fun.
Tried about a dozen no deposit bonuses , won 50.00 each on 2 of them and then made actual deposits in 3 of the casinos that seemed best .
Learned a lot from this site and read a lot of forum material already but
I'm wondering what exactly is happening when the wheel on a slot keeps on spinning for a minute during a game. It looks like a kind of a reset.
Is that really just network congestion as suggested by a casino manager in one of the threads ?


Thanks !

I'd definately say it's got to do with congestion also...I've seen it on pretty much all the games. No matter where I'm playing blackjack, I always have to stop and wonder if that pause right before I busted on a hard 12 was the software switching the cards....LOL....but since it happens at all the casinos I've been at (different software), I know that's not true.
 

universexf6

Dormant account
You know guys, in addition to Slots, I also sometimes particularily at
Phoenician get very low slow movement ( card deliverance ) when I
play BJ. This is SERIOUSLY KILLING ME. Because it is almost a joke
you get stranded when you play Blackjack about which game is, just
they need to give card away. Swish. That's it. But at Micro. especially Phoenician, I am experienceing an ultra ubelievably slow card deliverance and
it certainly kills my mind. Please representatives of Phoenician, if you
look at this post, please do something, alright?
 

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
universexf6 said:
You know guys, in addition to Slots, I also sometimes particularily at
Phoenician get very low slow movement ( card deliverance ) when I
play BJ. This is SERIOUSLY KILLING ME. Because it is almost a joke
you get stranded when you play Blackjack about which game is, just
they need to give card away. Swish. That's it. But at Micro. especially Phoenician, I am experienceing an ultra ubelievably slow card deliverance and
it certainly kills my mind. Please representatives of Phoenician, if you
look at this post, please do something, alright?

What's your connection speed? DSL? Cable?
 

virtualted

No longer working for Virtual
KasinoKing's explanation is as close as possible to the correct answer. The reason Chuchu was credited is as soon as the slot starts it spin, the server has allready determined what the out come is. When there is an interuption, your computer is trying to link exactly with the slot server to give you the physical look. If you dod disconect and reenter the correct payout or loss is made to your account.
Ted
 

ToucanSam

Dormant account
This is REALLY ANNOYING! It's happened to me quite a lot too.
I'm on High speed DSL and at first it was'nt annoying to me,seemed like it was a prelude to the scatter cause it always seemed to hit after it, even on another casino. But it never happened like that again so it got to be annoying cause for a while i thought it was something to look forward too later realizing it was my newbieness to slots and probably normal, but still a little suspicion persisted which led to my posting it .
I'm sure Kasinokings correct, but I wonder if its possible malware in some cases taking advantage of the fact that its a common annoyance, so while we get convinced its this and get passive about it, we might notice the firewall going crazy ?
Hmmm, totally forgot to bring that up, maybe its more common with firewalls.
 
Last edited:

jonevegas

Dormant account
It is definitely server congestion, if you notice some of the bigger casino groups for insance if you play at BelleRocks Jackpot city it is slow quite often as well as sometimes Grand Bay is the same way. I am sure their customer base is so great and so many players are on at the same time it really wreaks havoc on thier bandwith, There is one benefit, you feel better because your money seems to last longer even though it is just an illusion :)
 

bAdSmoker

Experienced Member
Well for one i cant stand waiting 3mins a spin.

It gets so annoying and after the long wait you hit nothing and then nothing and then you get two 9's etc....

Thats why i gave up on Bellerock i love there slots but it is just out of hand.
 

Simmo!

Moderator
Staff member
With MG casinos, each operator houses their own servers so a lot would depend on congestion, server capability and location. For example, Slotster and myself live in the UK and if we play a Belle Rock casino we get this a lot. But playing say Roxy or 32Red and it never happens. I mentioned this to support at Belle Rock and last i heard they were looking at upgrading servers. I think thats all it is - congestion.

Simmo!
 

HateMG

Dormant account
I don't think it's a congestion issue. Before recent upgrades it was much faster. Also, as a computer programmer I believe it's a multitasking environment where for every player a copy of a executable is created in dynamic storage just for that game he/she is playing on. It could be because of I/O (read/write from/to database ) operations or sometimes even due to bad programming.
 

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
HateMG said:
I don't think it's a congestion issue. Before recent upgrades it was much faster. Also, as a computer programmer I believe it's a multitasking environment where for every player a copy of a executable is created in dynamic storage just for that game he/she is playing on. It could be because of I/O (read/write from/to database ) operations or sometimes even due to bad programming.

That would explain most things, but yet it won't explain why at times a users balance is updated before the spin actually finishes. But yep, it's a little of both.
 
Top