Why is playing for cash at Worldwinner.com legal?

footdr

Banned User: PITA violations of the Forum Rules
I have to wonder why it is legal to play for cash at Worldwinner.com. I have read the actual IRS Ruling on this. Worldwinner requested a ruling on how players would be taxed and how their deposits and winnings should be calculated for tax consideration.

First, Worldwinner was able to "prove" their games were not games of chance. ( how I don't know because after playing there for 6 years I believe it is just not only skill but luck on the game configuration you are given. I was told when I first asked that the only game configuration that was the same for each player was their first game entry into a given tournament, later they advised it was not exactly the same but the configuration allowed for the ability to achieve the same high score.

I don't believe this whatsoever. While the games do take skill and you will score better with practice and experience, the games configuration also plays a huge part when playing against other players.

Secondly, they were able to convince the IRS that players only competed against players of the same skill level. This is an outright lie. One only needs to look the players profiles of those you competed against. They also don't consistently and equally move players from level to level.

So, how does Worldwinner get away with being legal when playing their games has an element of "luck" Online slots are not legal because they are believed to be only luck not skill. Games are considered gambling if they have an element of luck.

Go figure. Perhaps it is because Worldwinner is one of many subsidiaries of a very large U.S. Corporation and has ties to Microsoft and MSN.

Typical Political BS

Go figure. Perhaps it is because Worldwinner is one of many subsidiaries of a very large U.S. Corporation and has ties to Microsoft and MSN.

Typical Political BS

I'd go into a big Devil's advocate argument that slots are completely based on chance unlike these games, but as you have pointed out, that's completely b.s.

You're spot on imo. The US government just wants to retain its own financial interests in the gaming sector. This is one of the more telling pieces of evidence about the rationale for the recent DoJ behavior.

Same reason the lottery is legal. Welcome to America. We can justify anything we want as long as it suits us at the time.

Love my country but doesn't change the fact that we as Americans are full of sh** sometimes.

The IRS can track every single penny we play so big brother makes sure they get their grubby paws on what THEY "rightly(?)" deserve. Whereas, with online gambling they are missing out on all that revenue...

Now, I can play at Worldwinner, but I can't place bets for horse racing online because I live in NY state and it's illegal to place live bets online, go figure. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back