Who's had snow today

colinsunderland

RIP Colin
Been snowing on and off here all day, as usual makes journeys 5 times longer as you get all the people who have no idea how to drive in it doing 3mph on main roads that are clear, and then the others who have no idea that they need to slow down at junctions earlier, especially on banks, and end up sliding out into traffic.

Got out the car today and was going to hit a taxi driver, who was dead mouthy till I got out, idiot driving about 30cm off the back of my car, going downhill onto a junction, thinking he was clever. Didn't think he was clever when I stopped and he couldn't reverse up the hill and sat cowering after locking his doors and windows when I got out :D. That was after blasting his horn for me to go faster, even though there were cars waiting at the junction and I had to stop about 20 meters further on. Usually I wouldn't get out but having a 4 year old in the back in baby seat should have made him fall back a bit. Tosser.

This was around lunchtime, but its snowed quite a bit since then, but I do think its slightly warmer now so might melt by the morning.

Oh and as usual, even though it was forecast yesterday, and a weather warning was in place from about 3pm the night before, not a single road had been gritted.

snow.jpg

Nothing here as of yet, and when we do get the remnants and few wisps pass over it's usually for just a night or two.

It's the resultant sludge that inevitably ices up that I dread. Treacherous roads are one thing but it's no fun inching everywhere for fear of slipping because our borough has yet another grit shortage! :mad:

The time of year I generally cab it everywhere :cool:

Oh I want snow, god here in Scotland we are normally covered but nothing here so you are more than welcome to pass it my way :)

What an adorable cow:)!

That was exactly what I thought when I saw it, thats why I pinched the photo. I take my grandaughter up there in the summer so have probably stroked it at some point in the past, saw some great ones from Beamish earlier actually, I'll see if I can find them, might rename this thread to the snow picture thread instead :)

I love photos like these, for those who haven't heard of Beamish its amazing, but if you are up here you should pay it a visit, even more so if you are 40+. Even though these look like they wer etaken 100 Years ago, they were taken this morning.

beamish01.jpg

beamish02.jpg

beamish03.jpg

beamish04.jpg

beamish05.jpg

Been snowing on and off here all day, as usual makes journeys 5 times longer as you get all the people who have no idea how to drive in it doing 3mph on main roads that are clear, and then the others who have no idea that they need to slow down at junctions earlier, especially on banks, and end up sliding out into traffic.

Got out the car today and was going to hit a taxi driver, who was dead mouthy till I got out, idiot driving about 30cm off the back of my car, going downhill onto a junction, thinking he was clever. Didn't think he was clever when I stopped and he couldn't reverse up the hill and sat cowering after locking his doors and windows when I got out :D. That was after blasting his horn for me to go faster, even though there were cars waiting at the junction and I had to stop about 20 meters further on. Usually I wouldn't get out but having a 4 year old in the back in baby seat should have made him fall back a bit. Tosser.

This was around lunchtime, but its snowed quite a bit since then, but I do think its slightly warmer now so might melt by the morning.

Oh and as usual, even though it was forecast yesterday, and a weather warning was in place from about 3pm the night before, not a single road had been gritted.

View attachment 84320

I was just looking at my cousins pictures on facebook. Snow in Sunderland! Canada, specifically where I live, it just rained all day :(

Oh my God ha ha how good does Beamish look! Talk about picturesque- and yes, I'd imagine most would appreciate its beauty when older, it looks fantastic, a far cry from inner-city London and its.........'sights' :eek:

And always great how snow can make a nice locale look even better, apart from erm, Dunover's version of course! :eek:

Oh my God ha ha how good does Beamish look! Talk about picturesque- and yes, I'd imagine most would appreciate its beauty when older, it looks fantastic, a far cry from inner-city London and its.........'sights' :eek:

And always great how snow can make a nice locale look even better, apart from erm, Dunover's version of course! :eek:

I love Beamish, its expensive if you only go once as you don't have time to look around the whole lot properly, but the tickets get you unlimited entry all year so if you go a few times its great. Think I will go again this month with my grandaughhter to see all the Christmas stuff, she will love it and she's only 4.

Have you ever been? I know theres advantages to living in London, but theres so much up here to do, pretty much everything within half an hours drive!

I love Beamish, its expensive if you only go once as you don't have time to look around the whole lot properly, but the tickets get you unlimited entry all year so if you go a few times its great. Think I will go again this month with my grandaughhter to see all the Christmas stuff, she will love it and she's only 4.

Have you ever been? I know theres advantages to living in London, but theres so much up here to do, pretty much everything within half an hours drive!

No afraid not, I'm sick of London right now. But then I've lived here straight nigh-on 30 years, so that's to be expected :D

Had a brief trip to Plymouth to see some friends, albeit sometime at the turn of the millenium. Yup, I'm overdue a holiday :eek::cool:

I think I need a snow machine - maybe I can pick one up when I am off ski-ing in Canada :)

I really can't wait for the snow to come, I love it - especially when I can throw myself of mountains on ski's :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back