White House collecting ONLINE FORUM INFO - Please read:

WagerWitch

Dormant account
webmeister
Just noticed this and thought you all might want to be aware of this:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Please take a moment to read this... While it directly relates to the WH - and the current admin - It means that Everything is being stored - and picked up on at a much greater rate than previously recognized.

Last edited by a moderator:
The White House is collecting and storing comments and videos placed on its social-networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube without notifying or asking .....

Susan Cooper, a spokeswoman for National Archives and Records Administration, said the presidential records law applies to "social media" and to public comments "received by the president or immediate staff."

so don't post on the White House/Presidential sites if you don't want the message stored...

I believe that this means that the entire Internet is now being archived. NOT JUST THEIR websites (because duh - who doesn't archive or pay attention to their own websites?).

""""""Ken Boehm, a lawyer and chairman of the center, also disputed that the presidential records law applies, because the comments are pasted onto a third-party Web page and not official correspondence with the president.""""""

I think this is important enough to let everyone know NOT to mention specific things that would trigger things that would be looked at.

I think this is important enough for this industry to be AWARE of this tactic.

Because while I always assumed that monitoring of websites was done - I did not realize that full blown archiving was done.

And while I see that THIRD PARTY WEBSITES ARE LOOKED AT - when I use Twitter to promote my page - or otherwise - it may be connected to someone who might have written on the WH page - which (FOLLOWERS - ETC) - and may continue to whatever I am promoting.

I am more worried about the cascading effect.

Last edited:
Even worse.........

our tax dollars are paying IRS employees to search web posts for tax evaders. Goggle it, people are being investigated based on information they may have inadvertently included in a post.

This is why I cancelled by Facebook account and don't use twitter. Also, people using dial-up connections are suppose to be safer when surfing the web then DSL users, etc. per study. Reason is because the IP address changes all the time. Yes, I am probably the last person using dial-up on this forum. Call me crazy!

For the very first time in my adult life, I am concerned over the fate of this Country! God, yes God(no ACLU here) help us.

Last edited:
Under the Homeland security act... Many different parts of the government are archiving all kinds of things. Under Bush they started monitoring Phone Calls and internet traffic.. President Obama has continued this practice.

Also, people using dial-up connections are suppose to be safer when surfing the web then DSL users, etc. per study. Reason is because the IP address changes all the time.
Thats not true. Having a static (non-changing IP) or a dynamic IP (one that changes every time you log on) is dependent on what ISP you use, not if you use dial up or broad band.

Homeland Security.....

the issue of warrants and wire-tapping sucks. I think it is unconstitutiona; but who am I to say.

IP address: checked mine and it is different each time. You are probably right as I am not the brightest when it comes to computers.

LOL... I initially thought the "WH" in the thread title referred to William Hill :D Actually, it probably still could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back