which casino accepts credit card as payment or what bank allows casino gambling.

wonnoting

Dormant account
I have 5 different bank and more then 10 credit card and noon of them work to buy casino credit. I see neteller and firepay but there is a fee to use them. So i wanted to know why casino companies have credit card as payment when it wont work. Is there any casino that accept credit card or is there a certain bank or credit card that works on casino's. If so what is it and i also called the bank to allow the payment to go but it didnt go.
 

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
I think most all RTG's offer Instacash for Neteller purchases. You would initiate this purchase in the casino software and they cover the associated costs.

As far as credit/debit cards, I know for a fact that king solomons - on the accredited list btw - accepts visa. Not sure about MC.
 

tim5ny

Quit Gambling
Credit card companies in the United States forbid any transactions to fund online gambling. If you live elsewhere, then I know not what their stance is on this matter.
 

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
tim5ny said:
Credit card companies in the United States forbid any transactions to fund online gambling. If you live elsewhere, then I know not what their stance is on this matter.
I guess they've found a way around it then. The transaction I spoke of above was made last week w/visa debit card.
 

tim5ny

Quit Gambling
winbig72 said:
I guess they've found a way around it then. The transaction I spoke of above was made last week w/visa debit card.
We are comparing apples to oranges when we look at Credit Card versus Debit Card. Your debit card is already backed by funds which are in your checking or savings account. This is YOUR money, and nobody cares if you lose it gambling. Credit card gambling is borrowing money to gamble, and the banks want nothing to do with that.
 

KasinoKing

WebMeister & Slotaholic..
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
MM
tim5ny said:
Credit card companies in the United States forbid any transactions to fund online gambling. If you live elsewhere, then I know not what their stance is on this matter.
In the UK most credit cards work OK.
USA - land of the free?
. . . . . :lolup:
 

tim5ny

Quit Gambling
USA.. land of the sleazy lawyers and judges is more like it! There has been at least one case here in the U.S. where a person had accumilated massive credit card debt through online gambling, and sued the bank to relinquish the debt because the bank "should have noticed that he/she had a gambling problem... and should have stopped them from using the credit card for gambling". And when you have judges that rule in favor of the person who accumilated the debt, then who could blame the Card companies for taking such a stance? :confused:
 

nafanny29

Dormant account
tim5ny said:
USA.. land of the sleazy lawyers and judges is more like it! There has been at least one case here in the U.S. where a person had accumilated massive credit card debt through online gambling, and sued the bank to relinquish the debt because the bank "should have noticed that he/she had a gambling problem... and should have stopped them from using the credit card for gambling". And when you have judges that rule in favor of the person who accumilated the debt, then who could blame the Card companies for taking such a stance? :confused:
The UK isnt that far behind you guys in turning into an "its not my fault" society.
 

wonnoting

Dormant account
I got myself a debit card and I have tried 2 casino's and I had no luck. I have tried casinoonnet and vegas7casino. I am going to look where I put my payspark card and deposit with that. But I still like use my credit card or debt card. I really think the option of putting credit card and debt card is useless if they wont accept it.
 

thelawnet

Dormant account
tim5ny said:
We are comparing apples to oranges when we look at Credit Card versus Debit Card. Your debit card is already backed by funds which are in your checking or savings account. This is YOUR money, and nobody cares if you lose it gambling. Credit card gambling is borrowing money to gamble, and the banks want nothing to do with that.
here in the UK pretty much all banks let you use your credit card for gambling transactions. And not only that, they give you cashback on your gambling purchases too. The exceptions are the censorious US-owned credit cards (such as MBNA) which mainly charge large fees (around 3%). I believe there is perhaps only one bank that bans gambling.

i think it has little to do with people running up gambling debt and everything to do with credit card companies making more money on the fees than they lose in fraud (most of which is paid for by the casinos anyway). My guess is the US banks only ban it for regulatory reasons.
 

Chill

Dormant account
wonnoting said:
I really think the option of putting credit card and debt card is useless if they wont accept it.
So you think the world is the US and thats it? Might just remind you that almost everyone else in the world can use a CC at casinos since we are actually "free" citizents and allowed to do what we like with our own money ;)
 

mgibson99

Dormant account
Chill said:
So you think the world is the US and thats it? Might just remind you that almost everyone else in the world can use a CC at casinos since we are actually "free" citizents and allowed to do what we like with our own money ;)
Actually, when you use a credit card you are not using "your" money. You are using the bank's money. It is just like a loan.....they "lend" you the money for free for 30 days, but if you don't pay them back right away, they charge you hefty interest charges.
 

dominique

Dormant account
You guys need to make sure you are thinking about the same thing when talking about credit cards and debit cards.

I am not sure about the UK, but in Germany the usual "Kreditkarte" is actually what we in the US call a debit card - it automatically gets paid in full out of your bank account at the end of the month. If it doesn't, it constitutes an overdraft...

The systems of the UK and the States may work differently also.

The reason that Credit cards in the US cannot be used in gambling is because the department of justice, in an attempt to stop online gambling without passing a clear law, has leaned on the credit card companies, successfully. The same way they leaned on the search engines to stop accepting advertising from gambling related sites.

There is not actually a real federal law behind this, that has been proposed in congress regularly every year and it never passes.
 

scrollock

Senior Member
nafanny29 said:
The UK isnt that far behind you guys in turning into an "its not my fault" society.
in the UK gambling debts are unenforcable, so if you have a credit account with a bookmaker/casino etc and you decide you dont want to pay, then that is your legal right to do so.

this is actually a good system as ensures that bookies are not unscrupolous by giving large amouts of credit out and forces bookmakers to responsible
 

tim5ny

Quit Gambling
Chill said:
So you think the world is the US and thats it? Might just remind you that almost everyone else in the world can use a CC at casinos since we are actually "free" citizents and allowed to do what we like with our own money ;)
It's not your own money if you use a credit card. It's a loan, and the card companies know that their money is at great risk when people use it for gambling. They've been burned too many times by people maxing out countless credit cards and then going bankrupt because they can't pay up.
 

GrandMaster

Ueber Meister
CAG
tim5ny said:
It's not your own money if you use a credit card. It's a loan, and the card companies know that their money is at great risk when people use it for gambling. They've been burned too many times by people maxing out countless credit cards and then going bankrupt because they can't pay up.
What about debit cards then? With a debit card it is your own money (unless you are overdrawn). The credit card companies are very happy to give you a cash advance to gamble with in Vegas, every bigger casino seems to have a machine for this pupose.
 

tim5ny

Quit Gambling
Debit cards are backed by money that you already have in your account. Credit cards are just that... credit (a loan). Cash advances on a credit card at a casino? Good point! Surely you can do that.. even here in the U.S. Maybe they feel that land casinos are more solid or something. Regulated and such. I really don't know.
 

mary

Dormant account
Firstly, In the early days, casinos paid their players as credit card refunds. The fees for the credit card transaction were refunded too. (Credit cards were never set up for merchant to pay a customer.) So, because casinos were abusing the system, they were having the credit card company do twice the transactions (deposit and withdrawal) for no fees.

This did not endear them to the credit card companies.

Secondly, gambling transactions have a high rate of both fraud (actual stolen card use) and buyer's remorse (chargebacks). Those eat up security resources at the credit card processor's end. We all know how carefully they screen deposits (as opposed to withdrawals.)

This did not endear them to credit card companies.

Thirdly, as US credit card companies decided to decline processing transactions for gambling at all, third party processors popped up who would lie about the nature of the transaction in order to push processing through.

This did not endear them to credit card companies.

Fourthly, the Patriot Act and other anti-money laundering bills and regulations were passed that add to the security recordkeeping, and the DoJ started putting pressure on advertisers etc.

So the credit card/ debit card companies in the US are out of the gambling business. It isn't all their fault and it isn't all the D0J's fault; part of it lies on the online gambling industry itself in defrauding them in the early days and in doing bad transaction quality screening.
 
Top