Where are you going on Holiday this year?

neilw

Moderator of Live Games forum
Staff member
webmeister
CAG
MM
It's the holiday season again.

For us, it's always hard work choosing where to go each year.

This year we're heading to Cuba for a few weeks of exploring.

Where do you plan to go?

Off to the Dam in a few weeks and then Menorca.

Don't venture too far from Cuba - Did a Cruise of the Caribbean Islands a while ago now - can't say i was that impressed. Grenada was like Glasgow only not as clean ;)

One looking forward to is San Fran next year - not a fan of the USA holidays but SF, as well as New Orleans was on the bucket list

Been to Crete earlier this year, Poole in the summer and looking into Cape Verde in November

No holiday for us this year, can't even afford to buy The Sun for the free holiday tickets.

Went to Cuba for my friend's wedding but was an all-inclusive resort, and the furthest I ventured was a day trip to a market because the flight I had booked for two nights exploration of Havana was cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy.

Strangely enough, the hurricane got me in with the locals more than any exploration probably would have. While 95% of holidaymakers walked around amazed at the devastation or waited in their rooms for two days while staff sorted the complex, I and a few others mucked in with the workers.

Was quite bad for the locals, but because tourism is a big draw, everything was sacrificed to satisfy the holidaymakers. The locals were without electricity and clean water while services were sorted for hotels and complexes. The local river had been blocked by a temporary bridge/dam built by the army so people could make it to the airport. Meanwhile, one of the staffs Mum was looking after her newborn without services and cooking food on an open fire while her daughter was called into work to help.

Plenty of holidaymakers moaned about the inconvenience of it all, including some of my friends who went for compensation. But I found mucking in, as did others, paid back as we got special attention from the locals working in the restaurants, bars and club for the rest of the holiday.

I recall one guy moaning because he had to stay in Cuba for another two nights, fully paid for. I would have stayed until they kicked me out :)

I loved Cuba and would like to explore more next time. Economically though, I think they are in turmoil since Trump imposed new sanctions. Take some spare t-shirts and trainers that are maybe ok but you don't want anymore if you have room - if you are staying in an all-inclusive complex, the Cubans will want your trainers and tees, they love our fashion because they cannot buy it there.

The kind of place where your tips go very far. We gave the rest of our cash to a select few at the end and they were almost crying, was worth a few months wages to them. Oh, and when you fly out unless it's changed, you need to save some Cuban dollars for a fee at the airport, think it was ten IIRC.

It's the holiday season again.

For us, it's always hard work choosing where to go each year.

This year we're heading to Cuba for a few weeks of exploring.

Where do you plan to go?
Assuming this thread is aimed at gamblers who presumably have decent disposable incomes and well-off affiliates or industry employees, it should have some interesting replies.

For the price of a few month's worth of energy direct debits I suppose I could book a week in Monaco or Saint Tropez but I don't really do package holidays, find them completely boring after a few days.

I'm the sort of person who would like to go to North Korea or somewhere a bit odd, see what life would have been like under Corbyn.

I'd like to go to Tashkent on the trans-Siberian railaway one day, when Putin's finally got the bullet. I also know you can get tours of Chernobyl which I looked at last year but again, the situation is preventing this.

So nothing really on for the rest of this year. :(

Since the summer have been awful here this summer im going to take my holiday in January already bought flight and hotel at Grand Canari islands for 2 weeks 🙂

No holiday for us this year, can't even afford to buy The Sun for the free holiday tickets.

Went to Cuba for my friend's wedding but was an all-inclusive resort, and the furthest I ventured was a day trip to a market because the flight I had booked for two nights exploration of Havana was cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy.

Strangely enough, the hurricane got me in with the locals more than any exploration probably would have. While 95% of holidaymakers walked around amazed at the devastation or waited in their rooms for two days while staff sorted the complex, I and a few others mucked in with the workers.

Was quite bad for the locals, but because tourism is a big draw, everything was sacrificed to satisfy the holidaymakers. The locals were without electricity and clean water while services were sorted for hotels and complexes. The local river had been blocked by a temporary bridge/dam built by the army so people could make it to the airport. Meanwhile, one of the staffs Mum was looking after her newborn without services and cooking food on an open fire while her daughter was called into work to help.

Plenty of holidaymakers moaned about the inconvenience of it all, including some of my friends who went for compensation. But I found mucking in, as did others, paid back as we got special attention from the locals working in the restaurants, bars and club for the rest of the holiday.

I recall one guy moaning because he had to stay in Cuba for another two nights, fully paid for. I would have stayed until they kicked me out :)

I loved Cuba and would like to explore more next time. Economically though, I think they are in turmoil since Trump imposed new sanctions. Take some spare t-shirts and trainers that are maybe ok but you don't want anymore if you have room - if you are staying in an all-inclusive complex, the Cubans will want your trainers and tees, they love our fashion because they cannot buy it there.

The kind of place where your tips go very far. We gave the rest of our cash to a select few at the end and they were almost crying, was worth a few months wages to them. Oh, and when you fly out unless it's changed, you need to save some Cuban dollars for a fee at the airport, think it was ten IIRC.
But that's because you spent all your money on Loot Boxes

But that's because you spent all your money on Loot Boxes
How did you find that out?

Let me just say, in my defence, it was not my fault.

You see, I had given my cousin, aged 5, full access to my Xbox live account and card details. Because at 5 years old, he can be trusted with such information.

Then, the loot box advertisement suggested to my young cousin that the chances of finding a legendary weapon were 1 in 1,000 loot boxes.

He then purchased a total of 2,000 boxes without finding a legendary weapon, so literally had to buy more until he got one as he simply must have one or could be subject to depressive states and mood swings as a result of the predatory actions of the game designers.

With anti-depressants ordered through his doctors online, after a full 5 minute consultation, he was happily buying loot boxes again, thank god for modern healthcare practices.

He (actually I should probably say 'she' because he/she felt strange and somewhat bewildered growing up and learning about life, tried on his sister's dress which meant he was really a girl trapped in a boy's body) eventually got his legendary weapon, but it cost me nearly 3,000 loot boxes - ergo, not my fault.

I don't think 'they' (check my pronouns) buy loot boxes anymore, they went to a loot box rehabilitation centre for 16 weeks treatment at the Pfizer Loot Box Rehabilitation Centre in Wigan, and is cured - just has to take four pills three times a week for the rest of 'their' life.

No holiday this summer for us, other than a couple of trips down to the in-laws at the 'English Riviera' - Well the wife and kids will be going. No room for the dog, so we will be staying at home - although may pop down for a day this weekend coming.

We are going away though for a long weekend break at the end of November, to our family 'special place' that is Centerparcs. Every Nov/Dec since our son was born, we used to go there. Then along came the pandemic and put a stop to that :mad:. So we are really looking forward to that.

Did have a great day out a couple of weeks ago though, took the boy to Alton Towers for the day. Blistering hot and I had to put on my 'dad pants' to get on some of the rides.

The Smiler is evil!!

smiler.jpg
smilerride.jpg

I don't do Summer holidays but the plan is to head off ski-ing somewhere in the New Year :)

Next week to Holland, and that weekend to Zandvoort to watch some guys driving fast laps.

No holiday this summer for us, other than a couple of trips down to the in-laws at the 'English Riviera' - Well the wife and kids will be going. No room for the dog, so we will be staying at home - although may pop down for a day this weekend coming.

We are going away though for a long weekend break at the end of November, to our family 'special place' that is Centerparcs. Every Nov/Dec since our son was born, we used to go there. Then along came the pandemic and put a stop to that :mad:. So we are really looking forward to that.

Did have a great day out a couple of weeks ago though, took the boy to Alton Towers for the day. Blistering hot and I had to put on my 'dad pants' to get on some of the rides.

The Smiler is evil!!

View attachment 171392
View attachment 171393
I think the best bet here is to never stop smiling, something about Smilers eyes makes me think hes a bit crazy.
There is no telling what he would do if he saw you without a smile on your face.

1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back