When it rains it Pours and How

harrys99

Dormant account
Anyone else get affected by the Midwest lightning and thunderstorms this weekend?

Just got my only child moved out on his own Saturday night and couldn't sleep. Turned the TV on in bed when the thunderstorms started.

We are having a terrible drought here this summer, so I thought this is good when BOOM-CRACK-POP.

This is NOT good. My TV-cable box-router-modem-small appliances-all got fried (no insurance) along with not having electricity.:mad:

I don't think I could have felt any lower yesterday-glad it's a new week!

Wow! Sounds like you lost a lot of stuff! But, it also sounds like you were lucky YOU didn't get

hit as well!

Didn't you hate sending your kiddo off? I remember sending my son off to college........It was

terrible....... at least until he started coming home every other weekend or so.

Happy you are ok!

Wow! Sounds like you lost a lot of stuff! But, it also sounds like you were lucky YOU didn't get

hit as well!

Didn't you hate sending your kiddo off? I remember sending my son off to college........It was

terrible....... at least until he started coming home every other weekend or so.

Happy you are ok!

Thanks my friend!

Yes-I have been preparing myself for his leaving, he seemed so happy to be with his friends. You are probably right about coming home soon like laundry, food, etc. I never expected to have insult on top of injury though.

I guess they are just things and things can be replaced. Mothers and Mother Nature are forces for sure!

hit as well!

Happy you are ok!

edit

Thanks my friend!

Yes-I have been preparing myself for his leaving, he seemed so happy to be with his friends. You are probably right about coming home soon like laundry, food, etc. I never expected to have insult on top of injury though.

I guess they are just things and things can be replaced. Mothers and Mother Nature are forces for sure!

Awwwwwwww /huggles ;).

Life sure is funny. Low on funds-worried about how to replace everything.

God, karma, mother nature,etc. sure does work in mysterious ways. Thank you Karma:)

Deposited $21

hailmary.png

Hi Beth,
Ya poor love, sorry that youv'e had a hard time with not so good ol mother nature on this occassion especially since your boy also left that weekend. It will get easier and will be a lovely time when he does come home on w/e's and holidays. You will quickly notice there's no where near the house work now at least..lol.
And that is karma working it's magic with your win. Well done and love to ya. Empathising with you sweet x
Jane

Jane-

I know you have felt the pain too. Thanks for your support and very kind words:)

Ha ha yes your are right-20 year old messy boys no more. Such a mixed blessing!

It's great that bad things turn into great things.
I am so so Happy for you that it turned out ok for you.
It sucks what mother nature can do to us.
Hey now you can treat me to dinner lol
youre_the_best_answer_2_xlarge.gif

Beth, so sorry you had that happen to you! BUT what did I say about life's checks (cheques;) ) and balances!

Bitter sweet but now it's all almost all sweet.

BTW, the weather in NY is so thundery and lightening and humid and hot...it's all over the place, right now...I think we are experiencing the same type of weather...

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, and thrilled to hear about your good fortune Beth, WTG

Had a bit of a panicking time at the beach on the 7th, funny thing, 2 days before, I found the biggest 4 leaf clover I've ever seen, it was literally the size of my palm, anyhow, my youngest child (who'll be 6 soon) climbed into a small rubber dingy, which her 11 year old cousin then pushed out into the sea, she then decided to climb into the dingy with her, only to slip off it and the dingy bounced up and my child went backwards into the water (I was on the way down to tell the 11 year old to bring my wee girl back to the beach when this happened, I hadn't seen her take my little girl out). The water was too deep for my little girl, I shouted to her cousin to get my little girl out of the water, phew she got her and carried her back to the shallow water.

Then when I was drying my wee girl, that little bitch pushed my son away out into the sea in the dingy, well he panicked and started paddling the dingy to get it back to shore, only he was paddling the wrong way and went further out. His auntie was shouting to him to stay in the dingy for she was going to get him, he then jumps out of the dingy into the deep water, which was above his head and only for his aunty shouting, a man who was near my son, helped him.

Talk about a worrying situation, the best of it is, I had the four leaf clover in my purse with me, yet when I got home it was gone, even though I made sure that it didn't fall out.

Luck was definitely on my family's side that day. My children also learned a valuable lesson, the sea is a dangerous place:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back