What's Ya Weather At?

After a lot of wind storms, grey days and erratic t-storms, been nice to have a few days of mid 20s :)
My pasty white boy skin has a semblance of tan

It's Canada. 2 months of sun and summer....and too often, could be rain the entire time, or disgustingly, insanely hot, and we wait and pray to whatever maple syrup gods for the next yr in another 10 mos time.

Subtle differences in the modelling today. Divergence between the different weather models too.

The UKMO run (Metoffice computer) has produced a hot run with temperatures up there once again for Sat/Sun.

GFS delays the heat by about 24 hours as it promotes a stronger ridge of high pressure during Friday which limits the speed of the advection north of the hottest airmass. Sunday still hot but Monday is the peak on that model- up to 39c

ECM doesn’t get the hottest air as far N and introduces more in the way of cloud cover. Also a NE’ly surface flow undercut for the Monday which caps the temperatures. This model now shows temperatures peaking around the mid 30s.

I’ll try to keep people updated over the next few days.

Subtle differences in the modelling today. Divergence between the different weather models too.

The UKMO run (Metoffice computer) has produced a hot run with temperatures up there once again for Sat/Sun.

GFS delays the heat by about 24 hours as it promotes a stronger ridge of high pressure during Friday which limits the speed of the advection north of the hottest airmass. Sunday still hot but Monday is the peak on that model- up to 39c

ECM doesn’t get the hottest air as far N and introduces more in the way of cloud cover. Also a NE’ly surface flow undercut for the Monday which caps the temperatures. This model now shows temperatures peaking around the mid 30s.

I’ll try to keep people updated over the next few days.

I hope the trend continues, ECMWF 12z max temps at 2m for here on Sunday and Monday are about 5°C lower than the 0z run.

Saw on one of the GFS runs the temps on 850hpa would be about 26-28°C during the night from Sunday to Monday next week which would lead to the min temps at 2m to stay around 30°C. That would be absolutely crazy, never seen before.

From a meteorological pov I've been following along in awe but I'd rather it doesn't materialize. After all it's still a week in advance but it's very rare that it has been this consistently projected run after run.

Here (north Italy) the situation is terrible.

This week we are going to peak 40/45 C every single day, with humidity always 50% up.

No important refereshment expected in the nights.

We had ONE rainy day in the last 6 months. Rivers are dry. Lakes are at their mimimum levels. No more smow on the mountains. Thermic zero over 4500/5000 mts on sea level. Trees and animals are dead or are going to die. Sea water has already risen the rivers for about 20/30 km. This means all the little agricolture still alive in the area is compromised, and we’ll need a few years to recover a low grade of salinity from faults.

Black out are very common due to hyper usage of aircon. Use of water for gardens and pools is restricted. Fires are out of control.

But hey, the only very important thing is that a few of us can go on polluting the world, to get a little bit richer.

Shit.

No joke, the 6pm run of the Global Forecast System had 40c as far N as Manchester/Humber.

Moderated slightly overnight to around 37c but the S and SE still showing peaks of 40c+
LOL...my knacker is safe then!

27.7c here right now according to my screened weather station at 09:45 so guess will be having 31-32c this afternoon, nothing special.

Well the 40s are back in the output today.

Metoffice have issued an amber heat warning for Sunday, and I’m told there’s a good chance that could go red- emergency (danger to life).

Seems the Media's driving this as the next thing to get everyone in a panic over, though I'm somewhat underwhelmed at their catchy buzzword usage. Apparently they've settled on 'Tinderbox Britain'. Where's the 'Searing Sunday' or 'Charred Churchday' when you need it?

Fact is everyone and their dog's been forewarned now, so realistically speaking, take what the doom-mongers spout and subtract 4C, give or take.

I think it'll be a load of hot air, and peaks of 35-36C the eventual result. Which in itself, is teetering towards 'Don't go outside for long durations' weather, and best avoided altogether. Just drink your fluids y'all!

Seems the Media's driving this as the next thing to get everyone in a panic over, though I'm somewhat underwhelmed at their catchy buzzword usage. Apparently they've settled on 'Tinderbox Britain'. Where's the 'Searing Sunday' or 'Charred Churchday' when you need it?

Fact is everyone and their dog's been forewarned now, so realistically speaking, take what the doom-mongers spout and subtract 4C, give or take.

I think it'll be a load of hot air, and peaks of 35-36C the eventual result. Which in itself, is teetering towards 'Don't go outside for long durations' weather, and best avoided altogether. Just drink your fluids y'all!
It's obviously down to Brexit as I'm sure @ChopleyIOM will confirm in due course. I mean since we took that vote, we have had 3 drought periods, a new UK temperature record, consecutive 5 days of 34c+ temps recorded etc. It's a conspiracy to kill off pro-Brexit 'racist tory pensioners' and the French are even willing to die themselves as they waft this hot air north over the UK.

helen.jpg
Yes, good idea. Let's give them names

giphy.webp

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back