What's Ya Weather At?

mn.jpg

Pluses last couple days, loads of rain, streets and yards flooded with water - even got a bunch of song birds out in the yard eating all the unburied seeds; felt like spring around the corner

Today, heavy snow, winds and -16

spring, in ontario, seems like something that only exists in theory
Oh, sure, there was a half hr of sun, then....

20220418_183934.jpg

yes, those are my big ass paddle boat feet, too lazy for shoes if just feeding the wildlife :p

Doesn't seem like much, wet snow mostly, but wicked winds.
Went out front, im like, where the ef is my lawn furniture?
Walked the dogs, was a block away, over a bridge, down a ravine, sitting in the creek :p

Seens loads of downed hydro poles and trees, missing shingles, etc this week around us

spring, in ontario, seems like something that only exists in theory
Oh, sure, there was a half hr of sun, then....

View attachment 167017

yes, those are my big ass paddle boat feet, too lazy for shoes if just feeding the wildlife :p
Is it always this cold? Or is it warm? It's just that my house is +20 now and looking at your photos made me feel cold, I don't like winter.

Is it always this cold? Or is it warm? It's just that my house is +20 now and looking at your photos made me feel cold, I don't like winter.
currently minus 6 and snowing - some years, we might be out in shorts, some not ..it's pretty much a 'roll the dice' scenario

England UK -- weather forecast: Bipolar.
I'm sat in the office looking out the windows.
My desk right in front (less than 1meter) cloudy, window to my right (20m) it's blue sky & sun, window behind me (30meters away) raining. and yep I can see my car out of window behind me & I finish in 5mins 😭

Seems that 'Fiery Friday' is a-comin', with temperatures already pretty spicy across the board, with beach- goers wasting next to no time in enjoying the already nice weather. So brace yourself for temperatures in excess of 36C, give or take.

To prove this, look at how hot it's in Bournemouth Beach, Dorset

1655236055092.png

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Seems that 'Fiery Friday' is a-comin', with temperatures already pretty spicy across the board, with beach- goers wasting next to no time in enjoying the already nice weather. So brace yourself for temperatures in excess of 36C, give or take.

To prove this, look at how hot it's in Bournemouth Beach, Dorset

View attachment 168761

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
Buuuulshiiiiit! Wanna bet? Existing record is 35.6c set in Southampton in 1976. About 96f. If it hits 34c anywhere, this will be the third June in six that 34c has been reached, but overall, temperatures in low-mid 30's occur in UK summers every year. So nothing really to see here. The notable events occur when you get a week/weeks/month of temperatures where somewhere is 30+ every day. Like 2019? when 6 consecutive July days reached or exceeded 34c, including the Cambridge UK record of 38.7c.

We suffer from press imbecility in the UK where weather is concerned. The Met Office say Friday will be the hottest day of the year thus far, 32-33c, hardly unusual for June. Then the Chinese whispers begin and this becomes 33-34c, then someone else adds another 1c onto it, resulting in in bollocks like 36c being cited. It won't be. If it is, please come back to this thread with humilating abuse towards me and I will post a suitably embarrassed reply.

To compound the imbecility, we see headlines in this situation like 'London to be hotter than Athens/Algarve/Madrid/****/****' (fill as appropriate with city or location you've spotted that has a predicted temperature 1c or more lower than the London or UK forecast.)

I wouldn't mind so much if the reverse was true, so on the other 355 days of the year, daily, we would get an equally meaningless headline in the papers screaming 'MALAGA TO BE HOTTER THAN MANCHESTER TODAY! :rolleyes:

P.S. This crescendo of 90f-plus 'heat' will last ONE day, with the inevitable 'thundery breakdown' the following day. The we can get back to vital stories about BJ's missus or Kevin Spacey's wandering hands etc.

It's been in the high 90's lately here in southern California,

I was born in a desert city about 4 hours away & when we go visit it's usually 105-110 .. one time it was about 117° & our car didn't even show us the outside temperature in degrees it literally just said HOT! 😂

It's been in the high 90's lately here in southern California,

I was born in a desert city about 4 hours away & when we go visit it's usually 105-110 .. one time it was about 117° & our car didn't even show us the outside temperature in degrees it literally just said HOT! 😂
lived in Ca once upon a time; I'll take thosse 90s and desert heat V our 90s and humidity :D

People think Brits can't stand heat, and we can't, but really the thing that does us in is humidity. So when we had THAT heatwave of 3-4 years ago it was just c.a six weeks of unrelenting baking without so much as whisper of a breeze. Bastarding weather

lived in Ca once upon a time; I'll take thosse 90s and desert heat V our 90s and humidity :D
That is a tough one, I used to go off roading at some beach down in Baja it got so hot and humid it literally felt like you were being suffocated, and it didn't even get better at night 2am was just as bad as 2pm But the dry desert heat feels like someone slaps you every time you open your door.. 🤔

I'll pick option C, go to Alaska and live in an abandoned school bus :cool:

People think Brits can't stand heat, and we can't, but really the thing that does us in is humidity. So when we had THAT heatwave of 3-4 years ago it was just c.a six weeks of unrelenting baking without so much as whisper of a breeze. Bastarding weather
Yeah people forget we’re an island surrounded by (relatively) cold seas. This means that any airmass reaches us loaded with moisture and the humidity goes through the roof. The only ‘dry’ air flow is one from the SE, given minimal track across the sea from a baking hot continent.

A 30c temperature with a high relative humidity % will feel more like mid to high 30s somewhere where the air is drier.

So yeah, we have every right to moan 🥴

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back