Would You Go For the Royal?

refre

Dormant Account
PABnonaccred
PABnoaccred
I'm a bit lost, as you may understand. Got lucky on harveys, and decided to play a few big hands on aces and faces, when this popped up. I really don't know what to do here. I'd like to go for the royal, but at the same time I don't want to give up a $500 win. Figured this belongs in the middle of "screenshots that suck" and "winner screenshots" ;)

So guys, what would you do? :p

You have a 1 in 47 chance for the Royal Flush on each hand which pays 160 times more than the flush. Go for the Royal.

Ended up with a straight for $100. But I hit this on prime property, so it kinda made up for it :D Thanks guys.

my 2 cents

I feel if you can bet a $100 on a single bet, then you should go for the royal flush. I know it hurts to lose but isnt that the ultimate goal for a gambler? A royal flush? you did the right thing in my eyes

I am surprised someone betting 100$/hand can ask this question and not knowing just simple VP strategy. For non-wild games this situation is
in the top of the 'check list' for what to hold.
This is from JoB (but the tops stays very much the same except except when 4oK pays a lot)

# Pat royal flush (800.0000)
# Pat straight flush (50.0000)
# Pat four of a kind (25.0000)
# 4 to a royal flush (18.3617)
# Pat full house (9.0000)
# Pat flush (6.0000)

also remember that some are mutually exclusive, so if someone had in their strategy

1) # Pat four of a kind (25.0000)
2) # Pat royal flush (800.0000)

then this would in fact work out the same as someone with the normal rankings. This can sometimes cause confustion when comparing strategies!
The 6 possibilities can be ranked in 3.

Pat royal/straight flush, 4 of a kind
4 to a royal, full house,
flush

So, what's the result??? Did you hit it, dude? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back