What Music Do You Listen To?

Every day without fail I listen to The DI.fm chillout station (www.di.fm/mp3/chillout.pls). Wonderful relaxed ambient vibes and some really cool stuff to get turned on to. Just wondering what you guys listen to?

When I want to relax or de-stress myself after a day of work, I like to listen to soft, mellow kind of music.
When I'm in a party kind of mood, then anything goes, Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Aerosmith, Rod Stewart, etc.
Anything but RAP...to me Rap is useless and just another excuse for those guys to grab their crutch and think its cool. :p

I like everything under the sun to listen too.But no Rap
One thing I do know the Nurses of the World we sing all the time to make us relax.
Singing Nurse I see this all the time & this is what you hear in your sleep lol
In a few months if I have the Heart to do it I will make a video for all to see Me singing at work.I'm good too.I put all the kids to sleep.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

rod stewart rocks

When I want to relax or de-stress myself after a day of work, I like to listen to soft, mellow kind of music.
When I'm in a party kind of mood, then anything goes, Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Aerosmith, Rod Stewart, etc.
Anything but RAP...to me Rap is useless and just another excuse for those guys to grab their crutch and think its cool. :p

i couldnt have said it better:thumbsup: rod stewart rocks , i still love him and his music:thumbsup: but hey along time ago i was crazy over the bay city rollers, i wonder what ever happened to them? they were from scotland if i remember right. so so long ago ,god im getting old:lolup:

anything but country. fav stations are 80's, old skool rap and hair nation. i will mix in some classical, from time to time, and even listen to opera as my dad is a big fan. people laugh when they see my discs with alphaville, iron maiden and bach all on the same disc. no ryme or reason just no country.

Highly underrated band. I have two of their albums somewhere. :thumbsup: And yeah I hate Rap too - I see a common theme developing :D
Alphaville is cool.

Would the Beastie Boys be considered rap or Hip Hop? Whatever the case may be - they are a gifted band that can jam some serious jams. Don't knock them unless you've listened to their anthology :D

They only time I have no tunes playing is when I'm on the phone - which isn't that often since no one ever calls me :(

So I sit here and jam - I can swivel around and there's my 5 string Fender Precision bass staring at me. And it's a good way to take a brain break. This is one of the advantages of being your own boss. If I want to play, I can play.

Listening...I'm usually tuned into Roots Reggae - especially during the summer.

DI.FM like Simmo! and also Tags Trance and Groove Salad at

Tags Trance is good for HTML work; Groove Salad is for working at night :thumbsup:

I've several thousand songs on i-tunes and it just depends on the mood. Right now it's hank3 & assjack 'hellbilly' but I just shifted over from andreas vollenwieder (sp?). I like a mercurial mix... kate bush to 4non blondes, hank to hendrix, niel young and crazy horse to roy orbison, yello to... know what I mean? Yip, I'm a freak that way :D

i couldnt have said it better:thumbsup: rod stewart rocks , i still love him and his music:thumbsup: but hey along time ago i was crazy over the bay city rollers, i wonder what ever happened to them? they were from scotland if i remember right. so so long ago ,god im getting old:lolup:

Oh My Gosh! Bay City Rollers!! S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y night.
Wow, never heard much about them after that song. If I'm not mistaken they were on MTV's One Hit Wonders not that long ago. Other than that I haven't heard anything else about them.
As for getting old..well you know what they say "we're not getting older, just better!" ;)

Listening...I'm usually tuned into Roots Reggae

Oh yeah that reminds me, I hate reggae too :D And folk. And country. And hip-hop, blues, jazz, swooney cheesey MAW music, solo singers on guitar, house, 60's music, MOR, American rock and the Beatles. Love everything else though. Except girl bands. Oh, and boy bands. And American idol winners.

Oh yeah that reminds me, I hate reggae too :D And folk. And country. And hip-hop, blues, jazz, swooney cheesey MAW music, solo singers on guitar, house, 60's music, MOR, American rock and the Beatles. Love everything else though. Except girl bands. Oh, and boy bands. And American idol winners.
simmo , if your ever in nashville me and nashvegas will take you to the grand ole opery, i might even take you to a hillbilly ho-down:lolup: ive got some people from england visiting next month so thats what they are in for:D. i cant imagine anyone not digging keith urban or good ole merle haggard. urban is a hell of a singer and guitar player and merle is just a legend around these parts." music whatever style you like is good for the soul "

i cant imagine anyone not digging keith urban or good ole merle haggard. urban is a hell of a singer and guitar player
Prefer his better half who is highly visable. Living in Brentwood, I am surrounded by great talent but it is the noveau (pop) country music stars with the exception of Dolly (and George in Franklin). The cool thing is these stars like Faith,Tim,Vince,Martina,AJ,Kenny,Keith,B&D,etc. can go anywhere and never be bothered by anyone. No Pappz. BS here. Nashville and burbs in the last two years has been the home of the 3 highest paid actresses in the world(Nicole K.,Renee Z.-no longer since divorce, and Reese W. who was born and raised-her family still resides). In addition, my favorite Ashley Judd and her Scottish hubby racecar driver,Dario Fran. live here fulltime. They can live in peace here with no TMZ.com BS. unlike LA et HW..........Most keep there feet on the ground and NV would probably do the Lindseys,Britneys, (no hope for Paris) well...........Now back to thread, CD top 5 collection stats(since stats are in vogue):
1. Van Morrison
2. Led Z.
3. Stones
4. Neal Diamond
5. (tie)Marshall Tucker Band and the Boss

Most listened to: Meatloaf-Bat Out Of Hell on account of Paradise By The Dashboard Lights with the classic line of "Now I am praying for the end of time".:)

Stones , Annie Lennox , Eminem , Guns n roses , Madonna's old ballads , The Pulp Fiction soundstrack kicks ass .
Love all that 80's stuff ...Remember Frankie goes to Hollywood and Big Country ?

Got loads MP3 on pc... U2 Queen killers MCR Sex Pistols Paul Weller

But just recently got back into Shonen Knife

Didn't realise they are still around!
(albeit one sister and new drummer!)

I loved the Bay City Rollers!!

I like most of the 80's stuff (with the exception of punk), old school rap (like Sugar Hill Gang, Kurtis Blow), some country (George Strait), and oldies (50's & 60s).

I always listen to Cocteau Twins. Others include The Cranberries, Moby, Electronic Hymns, After The Fire, Enigma,
, Mannheim Steamroller, Enya....those are the ones off the top of me head. On occasion I'll listen to Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World," some AC/DC, Mamas and Papas, other 60's groups on YouTube...

i heard glass tiger in the grocery store yesterday. "don't forget me when i'm gone..." saw them live a couple years ago, man the lead singer is funny, he was trying to get the crowd to sing that hook and the next line "..., my heart will break" and no matter how well we did it he kept saying "no there's a wee pause there in between, more like this..."

i might as well flog a band from my home town. they are called THE JOYS, formerly known as popjoy. they are based out of the london, ontario area, but are enjoying large success despite not being signed. one of their songs, "do i" has featured in the movie Cake with heather graham. they also do excellent covers from GnR to AC/DC to the Beatles. on canada day 3-4 years ago, i saw this band playing a grocery store parking lot. my dad and his circle of old childhood friends are staunch followers of the group (who has opened for bob noxious and other noteworthy canadian acts), due to the singer/guitarist sarah's connection with another notable group, thundermug. the drummer for the joys is also formerly of the band helix, so there is quite a pedigree behind the joys. although not a household name, every show they play is packed, and they have produced two albums and sold large volumes, just not under a label. definitely worth a peek for all you rock fans. thejoys.ca (under renovation) try myspace.com/thejoys for a sampling of their music.

there's my 5 string Fender Precision bass staring at me.
Yeahh... The gambling stuff and making music, thats the right mix for a good life. I'm playing my Martin dreadnought while reading the posts here. And good songs with gambling themes in the text send me shivers down my spine:
"Who wants to play those eights and aces
Who wants a raise
Who needs a stake
Who wants to take that long shot gamble
And head out to Fire Lake" (Bob Seger)
or
"My life's on time,
But again my sense is late.
Feel a might unsteady,
But still I have to play.
Six to one's the odds,
And, we have the highest stakes.
And, once again I gamble with my very life today" (Megadeth)

I like so many different types of music, depends on what mood I'm in.
When I'm quiet (yeah, it happens), I listen to Amanda Marshall, Simply Red or maybe Boyz II Men. When I'm doing housework, I like listening to something upbeat....anything from 50's music to Rod (me luvs Rod) to Scorpions, the Cult, AC/DC, Zeppelin, Georgia Satellites, George Thorogood, Skynyrd, Stevie Ray (the best guitar player of all time)...the list goes on.

And there's only one guy for you know what......Barry White. Yeah baby!

Looking at my CDs .... ummm... Looks like a symptom of multiple personality disorder LOL In no particular order....

Leonard Cohen
staind
Neil Diamond
Steve Earle
Johnny Cash (
-- 9 Inch Nails Song... no matter how many times I listen to this, it gives me chills.)
Tom Petty
R.E.M
Alan Parsons Project
Dire Straits
Eurythmics
Train
Eddie Money
Elton John
Neil Young
Smashing Pumpkins

and so on....

Sounds like me Miss Mouse, a bit of everything. :thumbsup:

:lolup: OMG Swede!! Is that Hassellhoff (I forget how many double letters to put in his name)??

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back