What does this mean?

just play

closed account
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Location
USA
I am going to deposit $50 at a casino tonight, and I was reading down the terms and I came to this.........(Roxy Palace)


"The bonus will be credited to the player's Casino account within 45 minutes after the first deposit of casino credits has been wagered (up to the maximum bonus amount) once in full.


In the interests of fair gaming, a player must wager the deposit plus the bonus amount at least 9 (nine) times at the Casino before any withdrawal will be permitted. For example, with your first deposit of $100 and a $100 bonus, the wagering requirement would be at least $1,800 before any withdrawal is permitted. In situations where these requirements are not met, players will be entitled to withdraw however the bonus will be withdrawn."


I don't understand the first paragraph...does that mean I have to lose my $50 in order to get the $50 bonus?

Is it better just to deposit $50 with no bonus?
 

tencardcharlie

Dormant account
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Location
The playboy mansion.
No, you dont have to lose it:

"The bonus will be credited to the player's Casino account within 45 minutes after the first deposit of casino credits has been wagered (up to the maximum bonus amount) once in full.

Means you have to wager your deposit once, and then wait 45 minutes for the bonus to hit. So if you deposit 100, you first wager 100 in total, wheter you win or lose is unimportant. Then wait until bonus credited. Then wager the rest of the requirements
 

Slotmachine

Dormant account
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Location
US
just play said:
"The bonus will be credited to the player's Casino account within 45 minutes after the first deposit of casino credits has been wagered (up to the maximum bonus amount) once in full."


I don't understand the first paragraph...does that mean I have to lose my $50 in order to get the $50 bonus?

Is it better just to deposit $50 with no bonus?

No, it's OK, go ahead and take the bonus. It doesn't mean you have to lose your deposit, it just means you have to wager it through once. Each wager counts. Say you do 10 spins in a slot at $5 per spin. If you lose the first five spins, you'll be down to $25. Then you win $5 with each of the following spins, and you're back up to $50.

You've now wagered your deposit once in full: 10 spins at $5 each = $50.
You've still got $50 in your account, and the bonus will be credited and you'll have $100 then. Then you'll have to wager $9,000 (see above) before you can withdraw your winnings.

Cheers,
SM
 

just play

closed account
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Location
USA
I beleive this is an automatic bonus for new depositers...but what if I don't want it?

Say I win $500 with my initial $50..I would cash out....but it seems with Roxy Palace this is an automatic bonus. (at least that's how I read it) What are the chances I play through $9,000?


:confused:
 

managra

Dormant account
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Location
USA
Before making any deposit and doing any playing, email them that you don't want the bonus. Wait for their response; they'll probably say that they will honor your request and don't credit your account with the bonus or reverse it out. If they can't do this, play elsewhere.

Btw, a WR of 9x is pretty darn good. Taking the bonus gives you more opportunity to land that big hit. Once you do, and you run well for a while, wagering 1800 isn't tough. Two weeks ago i had a WR of 5-6000 at a casino where i took their generous sign up bonus. I deposited $50 and got a $150 bonus, so started off with $200. Before i knew it i was down to $70 and then my bad luck reversed. By the time i finished i had $700. Had i not taken this bonus i would have busted out long before the good luck finally kicked in. Ironically, too, had it not been for the WR, i would have stopped playing well before hitting $700. I just had a lucky run.

It really all depends. Sometimes i do well with a small deposit. Sometimes i make a decent deposit with a nice bonus and it goes down-down-down-bust. In my experience, if i am profitable at one casino, i will go bust in the next x casinos i play.
 

Macgyver

Dormant account
PABnononaccred
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Location
North Carolina
managra said:
Btw, a WR of 9x is pretty darn good. Taking the bonus gives you more opportunity to land that big hit. Once you do, and you run well for a while, wagering 1800 isn't tough. Two weeks ago i had a WR of 5-6000 at a casino where i took their generous sign up bonus. I deposited $50 and got a $150 bonus, so started off with $200. Before i knew it i was down to $70 and then my bad luck reversed. By the time i finished i had $700. Had i not taken this bonus i would have busted out long before the good luck finally kicked in. Ironically, too, had it not been for the WR, i would have stopped playing well before hitting $700. I just had a lucky run.

What kind of games you're allowed to play with that bonus affects the choice to take the bonus just as much as the WR, IMHO. :thumbsup:
 

GrandMaster

Dormant account
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Location
UK
Slotmachine said:
No, it's OK, go ahead and take the bonus. It doesn't mean you have to lose your deposit, it just means you have to wager it through once. Each wager counts. Say you do 10 spins in a slot at $5 per spin. If you lose the first five spins, you'll be down to $25. Then you win $5 with each of the following spins, and you're back up to $50.

You've now wagered your deposit once in full: 10 spins at $5 each = $50.
You've still got $50 in your account, and the bonus will be credited and you'll have $100 then. Then you'll have to wager $9,000 (see above) before you can withdraw your winnings.

Cheers,
SM
Why $9000? I make it $900.
 

managra

Dormant account
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Location
USA
Macgyver said:
What kind of games you're allowed to play with that bonus affects the choice to take the bonus just as much as the WR, IMHO. :thumbsup:

Absolutely. I am getting the feeling that most of these sign-up bonuses require "slots only" for the wagering. Crypto is the exception and there may be some others. Sometimes i deposit without getting any bonus just so that i can play whatever i want.
A 9x WR bonus is pretty good though. In the case of the OP's planned deposit, it's only $900, or $1800 if he wants to max out on the bonus. In that case, i would go for the bonus and make a deposit without any bonus at a casino that i like to try out but where the WR requirements and restrictions are not very appealing.
 

-z-

Dormant account
Joined
Sep 26, 2005
Location
usa
I particularly enjoyed the "Bonus Credited in 45 Minutes" icon, as if it were some sort of benefit (Isn't marketing awesome?). This is the first casino in my experience that you have to wait even a single second in order to see it register in your balance.

No blackjack tho =(

-z-
 

just play

closed account
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Location
USA
No casinos let me use those pre-paid mastercards. So I had to go back to one of my favorite casinos, they let me use it... Golden Palace. (one thing about them I don't like is they never offer bonuses) I have had much luck there and they pay really fast. I have never had a problem cashing out with them. I guess I will just stay with them, I wanted to try new games, but oh well. (I'm only a slot player)

I have to say something good about Diamond Deal casino...they gave me $20 no deposit bonus last week, then I went back this week to try and use my pre-paid card (of course it didn't work) and there was $5 in my account, I have no idea why. The people there are really friendly, I wish I could play there.
 
Top