What do think of the new John Lewis ad?

conker

Dormant account
Hi meisters

Just stumbled upon the new John Lewis Christmas ad for 2014 and wondered what others thought of it.

For those that don't live in the UK, John Lewis is a big department store who have managed to drive customers to their stores especially around Christmas largely thanks to some clever adverts. Rather than the sell, sell, sell attitude they choose a softer emotional connection, which I think is pretty obvious in this latest one. The expectation for their ads in the UK is a bit like the build up to the Superbowl ads in the States, with people itching to see what they have some up with next.

Personally I can't help thinking about Pingu when I see it, but others may be a bit more thoughful, :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be fair to say that they are definitely winning in the 'cute' stakes :)

The advert is cute but £95 for stuffed penguin :eek::confused:

Seems as Monty will bring them a fortune this Christmas ....

The John Lewis ads have become an institution now and it looks like they've hit the mark again. I mean, children and penguins. You'd have to be evil in the soul to hate that combination! I'm so glad my son is growing up with stuff like this coming out. I'm sure he'll look back on it in 10 years time and reminisce about these ads.

For all the advertising though and the cost of it, it still won't make me buy anything from John Lewis this Christmas!

The advert is cute but £95 for stuffed penguin :eek::confused:

Seems as Monty will bring them a fortune this Christmas ....

Lol, I wonder how much the person who made that peguin got??

Sorry, that isn't really in the Christmas spirit now is it :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back