What are your plans for Christmas?

ksech

Dormant account
What are your plans for Christmas? Do you travel? Do you attend parties? Or do you spend it quietly with family? What gets you into the Christmas spirit?

I work Christmas eve day, so my son-in-law usually gets stuck doing the cooking. We have Christmas in their home,as they're the ones with the kids, and it's easier on them for Christmas day running from one home to another.

My son and daughter-in-law spend Christmas day with her family, so it's just another day at the critter factory (my sons' 5 dogs and 3 cats live with me as he can't have them where he now resides) for me.

My sister and I usually do a tween Christmas/birthday get-together as her birthday is the day after Christmas and mine is shortly after New Years. I will spend part of Christmas morning on the phone with my mother and brothers, wishing them a happy holiday.

I've gotten to be very much the "scrooge" in recent years. The meaning of the holiday has gotten so out of hand. Stores here were starting to offer Christmas stuff BEFORE Halloween :mad:.

I keep telling my kids, the best gift they can give me is a kiss and a hug and an "I love you".

I keep telling my kids, the best gift they can give me is a kiss and a hug and an "I love you".

:thumbsup: Yup!!!

Christmas Eve we go to my dads. We eat no meat (Polish Tradition) Christmas Day we stay here, someone always gets coffee up town, then we open presents...lol...I don't cook, so no eating, fend for yourself day...hahaha

We are just going to hang out at home, let the kids play with their new toys, I will probably make a big pasta dinner. I am far away from my family, they are all in Vegas. My husbands family live in AZ, so maybe they will come by.

No matter what we do, it's sure to be special. :)

This will be a sad holiday for me but im thankful I will have family and friends around and will count my blessings and what the holiday really means to me, my Faith, Family, Friends and Love of my fellow brothers and sisters around the world.

Wishing all a very Merry Christmas however you celebrate the Holiday season.

Laurie

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back