What are things you would never do now, that you did when you were younger?

Wait..what do you mean you shouldn't eat veggies from your garden without washing? Uh oh, am I gonna die? :eek:

Mousey, yes the fashion was the most we were talking about, hahahahaha.

Mark, you must have things from when you were 15 or so that you wouldn't do now?

Isn't it weird that most guys are the ones playing with chemicals and road racing, girls are so boring :laugh:

edit...Ohhh thought of another one...what about drinking from the outside hose? I've recently read that's not good for you? Is this true?

Last edited:
There's not much I did then that I don't do now... Hmm let's see. Wagging school. bongs (quit smoking all together). Shoplifting (I had no money when I was younger and my parents wouldn't buy me anything). Drinking so much and then throwing up all over my bed room floor (I've learnt to always keep a plastic bag next to my bed). Ummm I used to grab onto the doorknobs to the train doors and step up on the little edge thing and literally ride the train down the platform lol.

I was a little rebel lol!

what about drinking from the outside hose? I've recently read that's not good for you?

Don't get me started. If it were that bad, we'd all be dead as we drank gallons of water from the hose every summer. No kid got sick because of it. Today's kids drink bottled water and don't eat vegetables straight from the garden like we did. They don't get exposed to germs and that's one of the reasons why they easily get sick and are allergic to everything.

Wait..what do you mean you shouldn't eat veggies from your garden without washing? Uh oh, am I gonna die? :eek:

Mousey, yes the fashion was the most we were talking about, hahahahaha.

Mark, you must have things from when you were 15 or so that you wouldn't do now?

Isn't it weird that most guys are the ones playing with chemicals and road racing, girls are so boring :laugh:

edit...Ohhh thought of another one...what about drinking from the outside hose? I've recently read that's not good for you? Is this true?

ok... lemme see... ya'll want the 'dirt'... LOL

Would never road race on a country back road after midnight with the lights off. (We called it racing for 'moonlight pink slips'. lost one car that way, won another later LOL) No hauling moonshine for the local 'brewer'. No wet t-shirt contests (as a contestant :rolleyes:). No waking up hung over beside a total stranger with my vehicle's whereabouts unknown (where's my car, dude???). That's enough... *shudder* ... it's a wonder I survived my own stupidity.

We used to think we were immortal.

I was fearless when I was younger, now the most daring thing I do is ride on the back of a motorcycle. But considering it's only been nice here for a week and there have already been two bike accidents this week, I suppose that's daring enough!

Three day ecstasy and LSD binges (I saw in the new millennium in an, ahem, altered state)

Riding a sports motorbike over the Isle of Man TT course at 160mph+ (This was legal by the way, we have some derestricted roads on the Isle of Man where there is no speed limit, but 162mph is still far too fast.)

All the other drugs - a few glasses of wine is my limit these days

Gambling until I couldn't afford food or rent

Destroying my own car with a rock :rolleyes:

I suppose sooner or later you have to grow up, which is no bad thing, and ever since our daughter was born in 2004 it's been an entirely different story - me and Mrs Chopley had a pretty eclectic time in our twenties (we've been together for 19 years), but TBH it's pretty nice to be knocking on the door of the big 40 and just be a lot more chilled out, comfortable, and, dare I say it, sensible.

Let the young 'uns have their wild years, as long as they're not hurting anyone else in the process, they can do what they want with their own bodies and minds :) (Although I would never advocate gambling addiction, of all the shit I've done in my time, by far and away the single most destructive force was gambling, infinitely more so than the drugs.)

Three day ecstasy and LSD binges (I saw in the new millennium in an, ahem, altered state)

Riding a sports motorbike over the Isle of Man TT course at 160mph+ (This was legal by the way, we have some derestricted roads on the Isle of Man where there is no speed limit, but 162mph is still far too fast.)

All the other drugs - a few glasses of wine is my limit these days

Gambling until I couldn't afford food or rent

Destroying my own car with a rock :rolleyes:

I suppose sooner or later you have to grow up, which is no bad thing, and ever since our daughter was born in 2004 it's been an entirely different story - me and Mrs Chopley had a pretty eclectic time in our twenties (we've been together for 19 years), but TBH it's pretty nice to be knocking on the door of the big 40 and just be a lot more chilled out, comfortable, and, dare I say it, sensible.

Let the young 'uns have their wild years, as long as they're not hurting anyone else in the process, they can do what they want with their own bodies and minds :) (Although I would never advocate gambling addiction, of all the shit I've done in my time, by far and away the single most destructive force was gambling, infinitely more so than the drugs.)

I get the rest but the car? Was it a decent one and I take it you mean you took a rock in your hands and wrecked it? Why? Very intriguing.

I get the rest but the car? Was it a decent one and I take it you mean you took a rock in your hands and wrecked it? Why? Very intriguing.

Nah it was a pretty rubbish Vauxhall Cavalier. (But yes I did get hold of a rock and smash the crap out of it.)

I had a really, really bad session on the AWPs and decided to take it out on my car when I got home. (This was pretty much the last major kicking I took before finally getting smart on the bastard things.)

You can see the dents in the roof where I jumped up and down on it.

It was kind of, a bad time.....

RIMG0002.JPG
RIMG0004.JPG
RIMG0005.JPG

No smashing cars here :D

:eek2:

What I wouldn't do that I used to do? I thought about for a while, and there are a lot of things that I still do (or would do) :p

I still drink water out of a hose btw. Best water ever :D

There are things I can't do - buy a pack of smokes for 50 cents, six pack of beer for $1.49. Go see a movie for a buck.

I used to walk along the train tracks as a kid. What an idiot! I called a cop a "pig" once when I was 17. Never did that again :p

I always ride a bike with a helmet - Mr. safety here.

I try to avoid these threads in case my kids see them later :D

Brits in Spain

I remember going on vacation to Spain with my friends, back in the mid 80's and we all got so drunk...as much is the norm for the Brits, back then.

My friend was in the next room with some guys that I didn't know and became worried about her.

I was drunk but can remember going out on the 9th floor balcony and climbing over the rail to get to their balcony...and running into their room..I expected her to be in some kind of sexual distress with 4 other males...but no...all had their clothes on and snoring their asses off.

I am so afraid of heights...what was I thinking...or not.:what::oops::D

Nah it was a pretty rubbish Vauxhall Cavalier. (But yes I did get hold of a rock and smash the crap out of it.)

I had a really, really bad session on the AWPs and decided to take it out on my car when I got home. (This was pretty much the last major kicking I took before finally getting smart on the bastard things.)

You can see the dents in the roof where I jumped up and down on it.

It was kind of, a bad time.....

View attachment 39594
View attachment 39595
View attachment 39596

Jeez, I'm surprised no one called the Police and you didn't get sectioned ....:eek:
I'm glad you're past that crap now, I know the feeling but I never wrecked my own stuff. I once punched a bar-x £10/25 so hard I put the top glass (6mm thick and toughened) through and ended up in casualty having stitches in my hand. In my last month ever of playing b3's I booted the bottom of a Project bar-x-freespins and clean snapped the bottom wood panel in two, so it fell out and the bottom cashbox was exposed. Somehow this wasn't noticed and I leant the two bits of wood in place and the rest I leave to your imagination. The funniest I did back in the 1990's was playing a £3/6 token j/p machine called 'Grand National' and I whacked the glass over the reels so hard that the whole reels assembly with glass still attached fell into the machine. The bloody thing still worked and I kept on playing it; it was hysterical, people looking at me wondering where the reels were, until they noticed them 6 inches down inside the machine making a funny noise as they span. One place pissed me off so much I superglued several of the start buttons down, and sat there having a coffee watching the punters put their pound coins in, and the things spinning on their own, offering a hold and before the punter could even bash the hold buttons it carried on going much to their dismay. You had to be there. My last one was (being quite a tall muscular bloke) was frustration at a fussy coin mech not taking my pounds. I had a jam, and in frustration one-handed pulled the machine forward 30 degrees by the top, and thrust it back into the wall so hard the bastard went clean through the plasterboard. The coins came out.
The thing is, and you Chopley would know this, is that not ONCE did I get the police called, or banned - I was too valuable to them. That was when I realized AWP's were finished all those years back.:oops:

.... oh, quite a few things I wouldn't dream of doing anymore:

hitchhiking with a female friend through Europe when I was 18,
driving on the back of a motor bike in France, Greece and Turkey at high speed in a bikini and no helmet - last time when I was 41!:eek:,
bungee jumping in my thirties - definitely never again!

I've hitch-hiked over a few continents; wouldn't trade it, would still do it. Last time I did, everyone's 'oh, noone picks up hitchers anymore'..made it across country and back and had a grand time, great parties, great people, great experiences..I'm 6', 180..maybe I'm not as readily muggable, I dunno.

I never wear my seatbelt..I was the one in 10 who wouldn't be here if I had.

There's some things I wouldn't do now I would have 'then'..my car accident gave me my dose of mortality, so not keen on saying yeah to sky-diving, diving, walking across high ledges..'sides I break easily (back, both wrists, ribs on both sides, 9 toes, both feet, front teeth, rotator cuff)..my friends tell my they're gonna bubble-wrap me one day lol

ok... lemme see... ya'll want the 'dirt'... LOL

Would never road race on a country back road after midnight with the lights off. (We called it racing for 'moonlight pink slips'. lost one car that way, won another later LOL) No hauling moonshine for the local 'brewer'. No wet t-shirt contests (as a contestant :rolleyes:). No waking up hung over beside a total stranger with my vehicle's whereabouts unknown (where's my car, dude???). That's enough... *shudder* ... it's a wonder I survived my own stupidity.

I've been laughing about the bolded sentence for hours now. :laugh:

This thread is hilarious. It's a wonder some of you made it out alive.

Growing up in a small town in Texas, my teen years were pretty tame. It was the type of town you see on the movies, sheriff didn't arrest teens, they took them home to dad. Believe you me, you would have rather been arrested than have your dad rousted out in the middle of the night by the town sheriff.

Now my college years were different. Home was 200 miles away and Boone's Farm Apple wine could be bought for $1 by our underage selves. Fraternity keg parties were weekly events. Tasted my first beer at one of them and spent the next 24 hrs. hugging the toilet as did all the rest of the dorm. Life was good. LOL!

But up side some of the other stories here, I was an angel. LOL!

Made explosive devices when 15 or 16. Used fireworks and stuff nicked from chemistry labs at school. 3 oF my friends manufactured a device so large they went in a cold war bunker on the common near a town I went to school ( I wasn't in on that one) and blew it up, apparently it lifted the top off and they were fortunate not to kill themselves by getting well clear. That was in the local press and they all got jailed for a year. Don't know what happened as they were out after I left that school. I'll try and look the story up on the web, it happened 30 years ago.

oh no! A buddy of mine grew up in Mexico and at their elementary school they had a sort of firepit in the yard, one day they found a box of .22 shells and threw them in the fire. Luckily nobody got hurt but he said it scared the crap out of them!

This, I did some pretty stupid and dangerous shit in my day, and now when others are blowing up fireworks all over the street I get mad and want to boot them up the arse.

Some of the many things we used to do was get .22 shells and put a portable blow torch to them, sit them on the stove then light it, make soda bombs also using .22 and shotgun shells and throwing aerosol cans and portable gas canisters into camp fires. Just crazy stuff that now I find myself lucky I never threw my life away thinking it was harmless fun. If my son starts doing it I will lock him up until he's 30 :p

Now I am grown up and everything scares the shit out of me, I don't like an aerosol can within 1 metre of the heater.

This thread is hilarious. It's a wonder some of you made it out alive.

Growing up in a small town in Texas, my teen years were pretty tame. It was the type of town you see on the movies, sheriff didn't arrest teens, they took them home to dad. Believe you me, you would have rather been arrested than have your dad rousted out in the middle of the night by the town sheriff.

Now my college years were different. Home was 200 miles away and Boone's Farm Apple wine could be bought for $1 by our underage selves. Fraternity keg parties were weekly events. Tasted my first beer at one of them and spent the next 24 hrs. hugging the toilet as did all the rest of the dorm. Life was good. LOL!

But up side some of the other stories here, I was an angel. LOL!

Ahhhhh....talking to the Great White Telephone - I'm sure many of us have done that :thumbsup:

One thing I didn't do, nor did my brother, was play with explosives. It's not to say kids didn't then. I remember in my early teens my younger brother being questioned by the police about an explosion. He had chosen not to take part (an experiment, not vandalism), and my dad threatening him to tell the police who was involved, because planned or not, damage had occurred.

Quite recent times, my roommate's nephew (12) has had several surgeries and will face many more, maybe never having full eyesight again playing with a backyard bromine bomb.

Even the young don't have to make every mistake. Very few fall in while praying to the porcelain alter for overindulgence.

My dad was RCE 23rd field company, he had great respect for explosives, and my brother was smart enough to listen to him. He was one of the troop blowing up the bridges for the evacuation after the Battle of Arnhem (Operation Marketgarden), and mostly the neighbourhood saftety go to guy for found blasting caps and setting off the neighbourhood fireworks for holidays.

Still a big fan of fireworks, I admire safe use.

One thing I didn't do, nor did my brother, was play with explosives. It's not to say kids didn't then. I remember in my early teens my younger brother being questioned by the police about an explosion. He had chosen not to take part (an experiment, not vandalism), and my dad threatening him to tell the police who was involved, because planned or not, damage had occurred.

Quite recent times, my roommate's nephew (12) has had several surgeries and will face many more, maybe never having full eyesight again playing with a backyard bromine bomb.

Even the young don't have to make every mistake. Very few fall in while praying to the porcelain alter for overindulgence.

My dad was RCE 23rd field company, he had great respect for explosives, and my brother was smart enough to listen to him. He was one of the troop blowing up the bridges for the evacuation after the Battle of Arnhem (Operation Marketgarden), and mostly the neighbourhood saftety go to guy for found blasting caps and setting off the neighbourhood fireworks for holidays.

Still a big fan of fireworks, I admire safe use.

So you're partial to a good session on Netent's 'Wild Rockets' then?:)

I will never get under a car with just a bumper jack holding it up. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back