Westboro Baptist Church

anniemac

Ueber Meister
PABnoaccred
Once again these nut jobs are planning a protest at a fallen hero's funeral. However, this time it is really close to home.

I grew up in a small rural town in Central Texas, less than 2000 people in the whole town and not much more than that in the whole county. Mostly farmers and ranchers until the coal mines came in but still a very small town atmosphere.

A young soldier, born and raised in Robertson County, was killed in Afghanistan and is being buried tomorrow in Franklin. This young man gave his very life for the freedom that the Constitution of the United States proclaims.

Why is it, then, OK for the last honor that he is given to be marred by a group of fanatics hiding behind the 1st Amendment that he died protecting? Why must his family see the hateful, mean, bigotted signs on their way to say their last goodbye to their son, father, friend and soldier?

This could have been my son being buried tomorrow or my nephew or any number of young people I know who have served and protected this country. This just makes me sick to my stomach and mad a hell.

I agree with you 100%...every time I see these people on the news or hear of their protests my stomach turns. They hide behind their veil of righteousness and can't see how hypocritical they really are. They are totally disgusting IMO:mad:

I've seen these guys on a couple of documentarys and can't believe it :eek2:

I just can't understand how some people can be so hateful. :mad: It's so sad. :(

Just got word from my sister that they have shown up at the viewing. I am beyond upset over this.

If this truly was the 'Land of the Free' then we would have the right to say 'Get the H*LL out of here' instead of having garbage like them crammed down our throats and be told it's their right under the 1st Amendment.

Where is the family's right to bury their loved one in piece?

Annie, I feel the same way and so do most sane people. Fanatics cross over the line, their minds become so hate filled, they have to find a target.

As I get older, I see so many things that have gone askew in our world, and I wonder how the Hell it all happened.

Trying to figure out how to stop these situations is fruitless. Lawyers are always more than welcome to back the nut jobs. The innocent end up the ones being made to "pay a price".

Sad, sad, sad.

That is horrible and I too have seen these wackos on documentaries and such. I don't understand their point, what good what they do serves, or if they understand or even care about the pain they are causing to these families.
:(

Very strange group of people. Their lady spokesperson comes off like a possessed pyscho when being interviewed. Their message is hate and they love the attention.

WBC = attention whores

anniemac I agree with you 100% too.

These people exploit our Liberty... they don't deserve the freedoms our country provides.

They showed up at the viewing???? OMG! If that were my family... I'd be going to jail.

Fred Phelps and his eldest daughter Shirley are the classic examples of cult leaders who are pulling the long con. The whole church is set up as a lawsuit factory. Most of the adults in this church are family members and lawyers. The church members invite backlash, and sue. That's what funds the church and the Phelps' lifestyle. While these people are vile enough to believe what they say about gays, I think if they thought they could make bigger bucks throwing fetuses at passersby and carrying signs that say gawd hates America because of abortion, then that would be their schtick.
These people are inbred fuckwits.

It's a good thing that there are
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
in the world who tend to outnumber them. The Patriot Guard Riders, upon request, shield the families of military veterans to have a service in peace. They even have the common courtesy to come only by invitation.

As horrible as the WBC is, everything they do is perfectly legal and, in my opinion, it ought to be. But there are far many more good, respectable people in the world who can exercise their first amendment rights, as well.

anniemac I agree with you 100% too.

These people exploit our Liberty... they don't deserve the freedoms our country provides.

They showed up at the viewing???? OMG! If that were my family... I'd be going to jail.

I would be in jail also, these people are just plain sickening and hell will be too good for them when the time comes for them to meet their maker in the end, I'm sure they will be on the front row seats imo.:mad:

Laurie

It's sad what drives some people. That hatred can rules one life so absolute. I just hope and pray the family were able to move past the idiots and were able to put their loved one to rest peacefully.

Remember, "do unto others as you would have others do unto you", these idiots will have their day of reckoning and I hope they have to endure, by some of the same peer group, what they feel are THEIR rights to pass on to others.

There are wonderful people in the world even though the Fwads like WBC get all the attention.

When his body was brought to the funeral home, the VFW had their color guard present. These old men were in walkers, wheelchairs and some were still able to walk but they presented the colors and honored this fallen soldier with every ounce of their being.

And yes, the Patriot Riders and Freedom Riders are in attendance along with every VFW and American Legion in the area.

Did they do the gun salute? oops. I've heard of a relatively new group sort of the opposite of the ACLU but can't remember the name. I googled oposite of and came up with The Alliance Defense Fund? They might be someone to call in that kind of situation but again, I have no idea who they are except what their webpage said.

You know, I'm seriously surprised that none of the WBC have been shot at a protest. I mean there are so many people that hate them, and there are a lot of guns in the US!

I hate to say this...
I only have a few words for the protesters.
"Rot In Hell"
It's just sad we have people like this in the World we live.

A funeral is no place for protest under any circumstance!
It's disrespectful to bring propaganda and rhetoric to an event designed for remembrance and reflection.
It's amazing how little respect some people can have for someone that has fought for their freedom. I'll bet my last dollar that none of the members of this church have had the gall to go and fight for freedom; They only fight to oppress through religion!
Leave their family to grieve and find another platform for your views(read: Propaganda)!

Cheers
Gremmy

Last edited:
"When the WBC count in urine is high, it means that there is inflammation in the urinary tract or kidneys. The most common cause for WBCs in urine ..."

Forget guns, maybe just a good anti-biotic. We wish. :)

I see these nut jobs all time, Usually picketing around the schools in Topeka, these are some sick sick people. Usually a couple adults, with 5-15 children, some small enough to still be diapers. They are only after publicity, so when we see them driving, we avoid them, I dont like my own daughter seeing such hatred, and ignorance. Their judgement day will come, and they will be the ones burning in hell.

You know, I'm seriously surprised that none of the WBC have been shot at a protest. I mean there are so many people that hate them, and there are a lot of guns in the US!
That's not really the way things work here. Good people don't go around shooting bad people (unless the bad people shoot first). :)
And from what I see these creeps don't carry.

That's not really the way things work here. Good people don't go around shooting bad people (unless the bad people shoot first). :)
And from what I see these creeps don't carry.

True. But there are a few, um how should I put it... unstable people out there in the world that might not be able to contain their anger at these fools.

Also something else I was wondering about -the WBC lot say that they are happy about everything bad that happens in the world because it's "gods justice" or whatever and that the people deserved it, even wearing shirts saying "Cancer is great" (or something along those lines). So what would happen if one of them got cancer or was hit by a bus. Would it still be "gods justice"? Would the others decide that they obviously deserved it?

True. But there are a few, um how should I put it... unstable people out there in the world that might not be able to contain their anger at these fools.
We try real hard to keep guns out of those folks hands... but you never know, the world could get lucky...

Also something else I was wondering about -the WBC lot say that they are happy about everything bad that happens in the world because it's "gods justice" or whatever and that the people deserved it, even wearing shirts saying "Cancer is great" (or something along those lines). So what would happen if one of them got cancer or was hit by a bus. Would it still be "gods justice"? Would the others decide that they obviously deserved it?
That is a hell of a good question. But to be honest I stopped trying to figure out what or why any of these radicals think the way they do, no matter if they are Muslem, Christian, Jewish, Hindi, Sikhs or other, IMO they are all mad as Hatters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back