New Slot Announcement Warlords: Crystals of Power™ - NetEnt

Looks interesting, but with all those extra ways to get wilds, you just know the pays will be low. I lost all excitement for new NetEnt releases, sorry.

I would agree that it LOOKS interesting.

But given NetEnt's recent track record of prioritising style and low variance dross * over substance and big win potential **, along with their rather puzzling desire to cater for and corner the 7 years old and under market, I think I will easily resist the urge to get even remotely excited about this one,
until I see clear evidence that it isn't the steaming pile of crap that Motorhead is (I'm talking about the slot, not the band).

Oh and of course it's going to come in lovely bright and shiny HTML5 isn't it? I mean, what could possibly go wrong? (Answer: pretty much everything)

* what the supposed brain trust at NetEnt allegedly "THINK" we want

** what we ACTUALLY want, which NetEnt conveniently ignores at every opportunity with each new underwhelming LV nursery school-friendly release

PS It would appear I have moved on from tinfoil hats and gone for deep-seated cynicism hats instead. :oops:

I still maintain that modern slots are trying way too hard to merge into videogames. The graphics- given the basic premise that it's just a slot- are almost of console-quality. Designers like Netent fancy themselves as videogame producers and this is evident in the high production values on offer here.

We don't need the cinematic intro, nor the great sound fx. It's obvious in which direction the company is heading and with the emergence of the mobile market you cannot tell me that they're not purposely targetting the under-18 demographic with these offerings.

Netent: We don't need the nice graphics. Just give us 96-97 % RTP in your games and a chance to actually win for once. It's called gambling, not passive money donations to fund your egos!

I fear that their last great slot was CFTBL, most likely a lapse of judgement on their part :mad::cool:

Dunover's LONG review!

Sorry it's so long, a quite complicated pay table and yes it looks good - but if you want to see 'Netent Variance' demonstrated....

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent work there Mr. D. And massive kudos to you for sticking with it for that long just to try and give us all the most thorough review possible. :notworthy

But I have to concur with you....it's looks like one to avoid for the reasons you gave. The fact that you had to wait so long for a Samurai feature
that never arrived is a massive red flag raiser/ringer of alarm bells.

But the biggest red flag is (to borrow one of the great ChopleyIOM's turns of phrase) the "perniciously designed paytable that ensures the player has almost no chance of ever being ahead". That will unfortunately drive players away instead of attracting them.

It's a pity....NetEnt looked like they put a good amount of effort into this, only to then spectacularly drop the ball with the paytable.

I look forward to seeing Blathaon submit his free play stats post. Hopefully he gets that damn Samurai bonus feature!

One other question I have been meaning to ask you....when you do these reviews, are you not able to play the game on autoplay and/or set the spin speed to quick spin when playing in fun mode? Surely that would be a better option for you than having to press the start/stop ad nauseum in order to speed things up?

Excellent work there Mr. D. And massive kudos to you for sticking with it for that long just to try and give us all the most thorough review possible. :notworthy

But I have to concur with you....it's looks like one to avoid for the reasons you gave. The fact that you had to wait so long for a Samurai feature
that never arrived is a massive red flag raiser/ringer of alarm bells.

But the biggest red flag is (to borrow one of the great ChopleyIOM's turns of phrase) the "perniciously designed paytable that ensures the player has almost no chance of ever being ahead". That will unfortunately drive players away instead of attracting them.

It's a pity....NetEnt looked like they put a good amount of effort into this, only to then spectacularly drop the ball with the paytable.

I look forward to seeing Blathaon submit his free play stats post. Hopefully he gets that damn Samurai bonus feature!

One other question I have been meaning to ask you....when you do these reviews, are you not able to play the game on autoplay and/or set the spin speed to quick spin when playing in fun mode? Surely that would be a better option for you than having to press the start/stop ad nauseum in order to speed things up?

Yes, once I've had a few spins to demonstrate the sound FX etc. and demonstrated the random in-play stuff I then leave it on autoplay fast set to stop at feature which you poor viewers don't see - on this though it stops on every little thing. In the end I tried 4k spins and couldn't trigger it, that video was made over nearly 3 bloody hours in the end! :mad:
This slot is the epitome of NV and unplayable IMO.

Had a go on it today, 90e on 90c bet. Got 2 scatter 4 times. Two of them gave total of 4 scatter on two gave coin win. One barbar (Zzz) for 30x and one samurai for 55x. Shame i got no extra scatters on samurai. It is a very very good slot for the starburst players but dont see myself playing it more. Alot of small wins, low paytable so just another money eater imo

Tried it for a while yesterday at Betsafe.
It looks nice. Like a videogame as mentioned earlier in the thread.
It didnt pay anything when i played though.
The highest was x10 i think and no bonus game. :eek2:

I just tried this on demo mode and i can honestly say i can't wait to try it with realy money, I only triggered 2 of the 3 possible bonus round the green one with multiplier and the red one with the sticky wilds.

The red bonus with the sticky wilds gave the biggest win, It triggered with 5 sticky wilds but i didn't get any more through out the bonus and paid roughly 90 x bet, the green bonus i think with the multipliers it's probably going to be when the really nice wins will come especially if you can get a full screen or nearly a full screen of one of the warriors.

The blue bonus i can't comment on as i didn't trigger it, I would say this is another nice release from Netent.

Warlords: Crystals of Power - 100 Features in free play

KGNPwW9.png

Base game win over 100x
sBZ6nSM.png

mSNfhS6.png

PsQs5ip.png

n63gDwB.png

unsorted spreadsheet:
View attachment Warlords - Crystals of Power.xls

This video came up under recommended on my home page so seems like it can pay, I still haven't tried it yet they don't have it at Betspin yet, I never thought but on the sticky wilds feature it could be possible to enter the freespins with a wild line i suppose if it's feeling generous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why these guys keep giving us games like this.. i have played over 400 spins without getting even 2 scatters....

Well it is a medium to high variance slot so big wins or even freespins do not occur too often. I think it is a pretty good game from net-ent, i mean they do make some pretty good games from time to time like guns and roses and that fish game koi something ;).

I have just played this with real money even though i only managed to trigger one of the freespin bonuses once i was actually kept entertained by this slot, The sound is great and so are the visuals but i can see some people complaining probably saying it's to noisy.

The freespin feature i triggered was the blue one which paid just over 40 x my bet, I also got some nice line hits which if they had come in on the green freespin feature whcih i remember from playing it on demo mode was the multiplier freespins it would have made a really nice win.

I will surely be playing this slot again i didn't stay on it to long i was doing a lot of slot hopping tonight but tried it a couple of times did between 50 - 100 spins each time.

I managed to get a nice win before i triggered the red bonus the sticky wilds ones, I was one wild off from having a wild line before the freespins started unfortunately i was not able to get any more sticky wilds in the freespins, I did have a video of it but i deleted it as didn't think it was good enough but took a screenshot at the end.

bandicam 2016-11-25 17-33-25-948.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back