Want to learn holdem

cashmirrors said:
Be very careful with some of these programs, they are either scams or virii or both (I know nothing about pokerspy but someone recently put a trojan into a carbon copy texascalculatem website).

/paranoid warning

I just looked at their site. Looks interesting, and has an endorsement that looks legit. But paying attention to how opponents play is already an automatic in my brain. It's second nature, that's what poker is about. Perhaps it could be of value and I really can't judge without looking at it. Their site says it works on Party network and Cryptos. But I'm wondering, doesn't Party monitor for certain programs running and then close your account if detected? :confused:

Party/Empire will if you run Poker Edge or a couple of more. First a warning, then close account.
Anything software that in their opinion gives you an edge is grounds for account closure. In some cases they apparently have also kept the players money from what i have read.

Other software like Poker Tracker has not been banned.

I have quit using any of it just to be safe. You can make good money on Party without it, LOL.

In answer to the question which this thread is about..."Want to learn Hold'em"...several online poker rooms, such as King Solomons Poker and Bowmans Poker offer Free Poker School.

While online sources do offer a lot of info, just as Hand Rankings, etc., there is no better way to learn than actually playing.

One small bit of advice, do not be intimidated by other players. It seems there will always be someone who thought you played your hand wrong. especially if you beat them. :)

Winning Low Limit Hold 'Em by Lee Jones or Hold 'Em Poker for Advanced Players by David Sklansky.

Always thought about creating a calculator for your exact odds, but you'll learn after enough play.

TrixSlice said:
Winning Low Limit Hold 'Em by Lee Jones or Hold 'Em Poker for Advanced Players by David Sklansky.

Always thought about creating a calculator for your exact odds, but you'll learn after enough play.

I would not recommend Hold 'Em Poker for Advanced Players to a beginner. Lee Jones' book and/or Getting Started in Hold'Em (Ed Miller/2+2) are more appropriate. Then Small Stakes Hold'Em (Ed Miller) is an absolute must.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back